This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
Here's me.

bodybuilder.jpg

Heeboja

Crazy Finn that is
Reaction score
This thread needs more John Petrucci.
john9_medium.jpg

I'm a small guy myself and I've been going to the gym for a year now because I'm going to the army this summer and it's easier if you are in good shape. Some results but I'm still a small guy. Tall, but thin as Gilbert. (192 cm (6 foot 2" ???) , 70 kg (150 lbs ??? )

Petrucci is not only my idol in guitar but also in bodybuilding. That's the shape I want to get to.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I'm a small guy myself and I've been going to the gym for a year now because I'm going to the army this summer and it's easier if you are in good shape. Some results but I'm still a small guy. Tall, but thin as Gilbert. (192 cm (6 foot 2" ???) , 70 kg (150 lbs ??? )

Petrucci is not only my idol in guitar but also in bodybuilding. That's the shape I want to get to.

To gain mass, what you eat is probably more important than how hard you lift. For lifting, stick with the most basic compound exercises (ie. squat, bench, deadlift). I'm sure you are well aware of protein/carb amounts, but a lot of people don't take consideration of the type of protein they are consuming. For mass, you should make sure you eat a very slow digesting protein with a small amount of carbs right before bed. The cheapest way I did it was by taking one slice of bread, and just completely overloading it with peanut butter, then drinking a glass of milk. I was only 17 at the time, so hormones played a large role, but I was able to pack on 35 pounds of nearly pure muscle in a year without spending a shitload on supplements. A more proper protein before bed would be a casein protein, cottage cheese is the cheapest way to get those.

Stick with it though, and pretty soon you will be :flex: just like Manbeartrucci!

AVWIII

Pope of Chilitown
Reaction score
Oops. I don't think this is the right thread. Could someone please direct me to the "uncomfortably hairy musicians/guitarists with complexions as pale as 1% skim milk, whose physiques fall somewhere between skinny and slightly out of shape" thread? I feel that's more my speed.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Oops. I don't think this is the right thread. Could someone please direct me to the "uncomfortably hairy musicians/guitarists with complexions as pale as 1% skim milk, whose physiques fall somewhere between skinny and slightly out of shape" thread? I feel that's more my speed.

:rofl: This deserves rep, dude.

windu

Reaction score
im glad BTM vocalist and Dillingers singer are mentioned here, those dudes are fucking HUGE!!! and the orignal singer of bury your dead is huge

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
i wanna be thin, I've been big my whole life, fuck that. lol.

but damn, man. meatsicles

Heeboja

Crazy Finn that is
Reaction score
To gain mass, what you eat is probably more important than how hard you lift. For lifting, stick with the most basic compound exercises (ie. squat, bench, deadlift). I'm sure you are well aware of protein/carb amounts, but a lot of people don't take consideration of the type of protein they are consuming. For mass, you should make sure you eat a very slow digesting protein with a small amount of carbs right before bed. The cheapest way I did it was by taking one slice of bread, and just completely overloading it with peanut butter, then drinking a glass of milk. I was only 17 at the time, so hormones played a large role, but I was able to pack on 35 pounds of nearly pure muscle in a year without spending a shitload on supplements. A more proper protein before bed would be a casein protein, cottage cheese is the cheapest way to get those.

Stick with it though, and pretty soon you will be :flex: just like Manbeartrucci!

Thanks for the tips. I've gained 10 kilos in less than a yeat but I didn't play attention to nutrition in the first 6 months. Now I'm eating enough protein and carbs. Probably too much :D + I'm doing some aerobic stuff as well. But this isn't the correct forum to discuss bodybuilding :D

When did Manbeartrucci start buffing up? Was it during six degrees?

LUCKY7

ɹǝʇlǝʞs ɹǝʇlǝɥ
Reaction score
Now, when I was growing up, the jocks and the musicians only got together when hanging at the stoners. Can you have an appetite for destruction and still keep a lifting schedule?

Heeboja

Crazy Finn that is
Reaction score
That's just it. If you are touring a lot (and drinking) you really don't have time to keep yourself in shape. I'm not in a band right now so that's taken care of. And don't drink that much either.

Oh and who could forget Pexi from Stam1na when it comes to buff musicians.
stam1na_raja_ryhma_heikkinen2.jpg

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now, when I was growing up, the jocks and the musicians only got together when hanging at the stoners. Can you have an appetite for destruction and still keep a lifting schedule?

As long as you can find one hour, out of every 48 hours to do some lifting/exercising, then you should be able to make gains. Though, when partying nutrition is usually what suffers, and in turn your gains will be fairly minimal compared to a properly supportive workout diet.

That said, with multi-vitamins, protein bars, and shakes, you can substitute a real healthy diet for just giving your body a lot of what it needs to grow muscle via those.

Though, if you're serious about being in shape, then cutting back on the partying shouldn't be too big of a deal. You don't have to live like a fitness priest, but not devouring junk party food like pizza, chips, super calorie and carb heavy beer, is only going to make you gain tons of fat, which will do a great job of masking the muscle you're trying to build. Not to mention, burning the candle at both ends isn't good physically or psychologically in the long run.

Also, as far as recreational drugs, depending on the type, they'll mess with your system as well. It's not impossible to be fit and party like a rock star, and eat everything under the sun, but it'll just make everything more difficult.

xiphoscesar

Reaction score

This :yesway:

')