Who would you like to see interviewed by ss.org?

• Thread starter DDDorian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let's make a list of all the seven-stringers that ss.org should interview, regardless of how "realistic" a chance there is of getting them. I don't know about anyone else but I'm sure willing to try quite a few different guitarists, if only for my own enjoyment.

I guess for starters I'll throw down a few of the "bigger", more obvious names:

Steve Vai
Jon Petrucci (Dream Theater)
Munky (Korn)
Jeff Loomis (Nevermore)
Stephen Carpenter (Deftones)
Tony Macalpine
Charlie Hunter
Dino Cazares (Fear Factory)
Fredrik Thordendal (Meshuggah)

Then there's guys like:

Ron Jarzombek (Watchtower/Spastic Ink/Blotted Science/Marty Friedman)
Pat O'Brien and/or Rob Barrett (Cannibal Corpse)
The two players from Lacuna Coil, whose names I don't know
Trey Azagthoth (Morbid Angel)
The player/s from Ion Dissonace (pretty sure they wield sevens?)
Devin Townsend and/or Jed Simon (Strapping Young Lad)

Personally, I think I could get an interview with Aussie progressive death-fusioners Alarum if anyone's interested. I'd also like to try get one with Howard Alden, a ripping jazz player who has recorded albums with George Van Eps, Bucky Pizzarelli and Joe Pass, among others, and has some hot signature jazz guitars with Benedetto. Thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
Allen Holdsworth
Paul Gilbert
Jason Becker
Dweezil zappa
Bruce Bouillet
Bumble foot
Ron letekro
And Tony Macalpine....hell ya!!!!

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The guys from Biomechanical and To-mera.

It was mentioned in another thread that we still need an Aghora interview. I said if anyone else isn't going to do one, I'd be happy to arrange it...

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, if anyone can supply the hookup, great. I've done two for guys I know (BEFORE I was a mod). However, a lot of the guys in the initial DDDorian "bigger guys" list have been interviewed about their 7 string string usage. To death, in fact.

Part of my approach was to talk to guys that may be lesser-known, but are dedicated 7 string players. The second group DDDorian mentions fit our M.O. a lot better (although Devin's had a LOT of interviews, they're not usually 7-string oriented.)

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Actual, Devin Townsend agreed to do an interview for us (or at least, his agent agreed for him :lol: ) and it went as far as submitting the questions. We never heard back from him, unfortunately.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Actual, Devin Townsend agreed to do an interview for us (or at least, his agent agreed for him :lol: ) and it went as far as submitting the questions. We never heard back from him, unfortunately.

Same thing happenned with that interview I'd arranged with Linear Sphere last year...:(

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I want to see an interview with the guys from Scar Symmetry! :metal:

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Jimmy Bruno

Y'know as an aside, I wouldn't mind reading about 7 stringers who actively doing things (gigging, recording), even if they aren't "famous". Like Steve Bello, or End Theory. I learned about both here, and since then have seen Steve twice, have both on my myspace yadda yadda. This could be a good resource for up and comers, and may give us some insights that other "nonfamous" 7 stringers can use.

Just my 2 cents.

Wiz

Reaction score
someone get Devin on these forums :p

Seriously, MacAlpine would be interesting.

Ibanez_Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
Chris Harrrell. Not a household name, but a kick-ass musician. And he loves his 7s.

http://www.myspace.com/chrisharrell

Before I signed up here, I lurked around forever and I remember Scott Kroeker starting a thread about this guy and posting a link to his his myspace page.

He was the guy that made me want to rush out and get a 7. I can relate to his wildly eclectic influences, and his music is pretty damn cool. Plus he seems like a dude I would enjoy partying with :lol:

Chris Harrell = :metal:

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Really? Ok, I'll ask Steve to nag Martin & Charlie about it.

I wouldn't, thanks. Chris mentioned in another thread that he doesn't want people conducting interviews for the site without consulting him, and at the moment I don't think he's after any new ones.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
we need to get Dave from Vital Remains to start using 7's, then interview him.

Shaman

Reaction score
My picks:

-Jeff Loomis(!)
-Dino Cazares
-Ihsahn (Emperor, Ihsahn, Peccatum) I know a lot of you guys would love to see this interview as well!
-John Petrucci
-Devin Townsend
-Nergal (Behemoth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
')