Who would you like to see interviewed by ss.org?

• Thread starter DDDorian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just a thought...would Stick/touch-guitar players be possible candidates for interviews, or is that too big a departure from the boards' mission statement?

maniaco

Reaction score
Let's make a list of all the seven-stringers that ss.org should interview, regardless of how "realistic" a chance there is of getting them. I don't know about anyone else but I'm sure willing to try quite a few different guitarists, if only for my own enjoyment.

I guess for starters I'll throw down a few of the "bigger", more obvious names:

Steve Vai
Jon Petrucci (Dream Theater)
Munky (Korn)
Jeff Loomis (Nevermore)
Stephen Carpenter (Deftones)
Tony Macalpine
Charlie Hunter
Dino Cazares (Fear Factory)
Fredrik Thordendal (Meshuggah)

Then there's guys like:

Ron Jarzombek (Watchtower/Spastic Ink/Blotted Science/Marty Friedman)
Pat O'Brien and/or Rob Barrett (Cannibal Corpse)
The two players from Lacuna Coil, whose names I don't know
Trey Azagthoth (Morbid Angel)
The player/s from Ion Dissonace (pretty sure they wield sevens?)
Devin Townsend and/or Jed Simon (Strapping Young Lad)

Personally, I think I could get an interview with Aussie progressive death-fusioners Alarum if anyone's interested. I'd also like to try get one with Howard Alden, a ripping jazz player who has recorded albums with George Van Eps, Bucky Pizzarelli and Joe Pass, among others, and has some hot signature jazz guitars with Benedetto. Thoughts?

Dino would do an interview for sure!

maniaco

Reaction score
Hey, I know you!

I could do an interview with Mircea.

*RG realizes he's said it already. Anyone interested?

You do? lol yeah i think i know who this is im not soo sure though.
the shirts guy right??

lets get dino an interview here!!

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
He played a Schecter 7 back in his Corpse days, but to my knowledge Deicide havn't used 7's in anything.

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, doesn't Jack Owen play a seven occasionally?

i was giving glen benton the fnger cause he was such a douche bag at the show we played with him. I backlined ALL his gear he didn't even thank us after. Aside from the fact he was a total Douchbag to everyone.

Jack plays 6 string in deicide.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
i was giving glen benton the fnger cause he was such a douche bag at the show we played with him. I backlined ALL his gear he didn't even thank us after. Aside from the fact he was a total Douchbag to everyone.

Jack plays 6 string in deicide.

I've heard quite a few horror stories about Glenn from journalists and other musicians...

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard quite a few horror stories about Glenn from journalists and other musicians...

Glen was a REALLY nice guy to me. I met them last feb. when Deicide played St. Petersburg. I brought all my booklets to get signed and my pen didnt work. He went and found a pen to sign my album booklets with, didnt even have to ask him. I had heard 'horror stories' about him, but he was really personable and talkative when i met him.

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
Glen was a REALLY nice guy to me. I met them last feb. when Deicide played St. Petersburg. I brought all my booklets to get signed and my pen didnt work. He went and found a pen to sign my album booklets with, didnt even have to ask him. I had heard 'horror stories' about him, but he was really personable and talkative when i met him.

yeah just wait till he has a few drinks.....

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
Allan Holdsworth,

I will let Holdsworth play my seven string June 23rd then technically you can interview him.

Santiago Dobles

Status
Not open for further replies.
')