Whoa, check out this ESP Horizon original series on ebay

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Hehe I know that guy, you'd love him D-EJ... he too has a hard-on for all things ESP/Caparison! :lol: Only difference is he has lots of money and actually buys all of them! :fawk: :rofl: If you saw half of the guitars he owned you would cry, really. :eek:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Geez, you can get a truly "original" '80s Horizon w/Jackson rip-off headstock for half that much.

dowenprs

Carpenter Whore
Reaction score
That is a petty good price for it, got to remember that is a custom shop model, not avalible in the US.

Peace

Dan:p

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I just don't see what's so special about it to justify such a high price, when there are older Horizons floating around eBay all the time for a lot less money. And without the Smurf headstock, to boot.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
There's nothing "special" about it, but it was built in the custom shop, it'll play better than any production guitar you can buy, that's the point of it. :shrug:

SHREDTOKILL

LOW AND SLOW
Reaction score
this is my one of my fav. guitars, i would kill to have one.
that headstock is my fav. of alll.
i cant believe they changed the headstocks, that totally turned me away from ltd and esp in entirety.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah the new "Horizon" headstock sucks giant elephant cock, funny because the old one's nickname was "cockstock" :lol:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
There's nothing "special" about it, but it was built in the custom shop, it'll play better than any production guitar you can buy, that's the point of it. :shrug:

Oh yeah, I'm sure it's a really nice guitar, it's just I'd rather get something a little less plain-jane for my custom shop dollars.

JMad81

Reaction score
That guitar is very nice. Some day i hopefully will own a custom shop, but for now i have to stick with the standard series cause they are much cheaper.

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
Hehe I know that guy, you'd love him D-EJ... he too has a hard-on for all things ESP/Caparison! :lol: Only difference is he has lots of money and actually buys all of them! :fawk: :rofl: If you saw half of the guitars he owned you would cry, really. :eek:

hell yeah, mark is totally insane. i bought one of my amps from him, pretty cool guy....just the most ridiculous gear whore i've ever met.

mrp5150

Call it.
Reaction score
Hey guys, Ari (WarriorOfMetal) linked me to this thread so I figured I would chime in.

The Horizon is a custom shop build, which if you ask anyone who has played a custom shop model vs. a standard series model, they'll tell you how much better the custom shop ones are. I think $1650 is a pretty good price, but I might be willing to go a bit lower on it. It's a real nice guitar, but I can't afford to keep it around. And yes, I've owned a decent amount of gear. :nuts:

Here's a clip of the ESP I recorded the other day if anyone is interested.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/99113_esp.mp3

I don't play 7 strings, but I do play 6 strings tuned to B, if that counts for anything.

Benzesp

Banned
Reaction score
this is my one of my fav. guitars, i would kill to have one.
that headstock is my fav. of alll.
i cant believe they changed the headstocks, that totally turned me away from ltd and esp in entirety.

:agreed: This ESP is fuk'in sweet! I love the headstock as well, if I had the money I'd grab it. Imagine it with one more string :wub:

:fawk: All haterz can go play an Indonesian Ibanez and do wammy bar dives till they come correct!

Carrion

Et tu, Brute?
Reaction score
Hey guys, Ari (WarriorOfMetal) linked me to this thread so I figured I would chime in.

The Horizon is a custom shop build, which if you ask anyone who has played a custom shop model vs. a standard series model, they'll tell you how much better the custom shop ones are. I think $1650 is a pretty good price, but I might be willing to go a bit lower on it. It's a real nice guitar, but I can't afford to keep it around. And yes, I've owned a decent amount of gear. :nuts:

Here's a clip of the ESP I recorded the other day if anyone is interested.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/99113_esp.mp3

I don't play 7 strings, but I do play 6 strings tuned to B, if that counts for anything.

Old school Arch Enemy for the win :hbang:

')