Who's Been Drinkin'?

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Mom gave me some money so I bought beer. Friday is saved! :D

This is probably my favorite thread on the whole forum. Kinda feels like coming home everytime I open this thread. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Gett'n ready to sip down 3-4 budlights (weako cheap beer loser).
Been too low on cash for my usual Boston Lagers and also about a week into my yearly shape-up/de-blubbering.
Was about 230even a week ago and 218 this morning after "relief":lol:.

donray1527

djack of all trades
Reaction score
being from Kentucky, I gotta sport my makers haha. But... I have a couple 24 packs of Natty light waiting to get shotgunned- Cheap and effective. (gotta love being in a Fraternity while i can)

GizmoJunior

Reaction score
Had a four pack of Stone's Ruination IPA the other day and it was delicious. Also had a bomber of the always tasty Arrogant Bastard.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
tl;dr All sorts of booze from morning to night since Sunday. The one I want to define is Hakushu 12yo. Very good 12 years old single malt whiskey from Japan.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Wasn't supposed to drink anything today (after 6 day binge..) but "the shakes" got so bad that I needed a beer. :ugh:

metalmonster

Reaction score
Disclaimer : i may be off-topic a little, and even completely. And perhaps not answering to any post. Though my post might be an interesting read, that's why i let it be :

Uh, that's bad. Have some vitamins, rest, water, and yeah, grab a beer if you need one for the moment, as long as you don't get drunk.

that's how i managed my drinking habit. Then i switched to zero-alcohol for a few weeks, then i started "fresh" enjoying a beer from time to time, but i didn't got drunk for 5 months or so ! I've been a little tispy after some wine one single time, but i started vizualizing a red light when i feel that will be "the too-much glass". Oh, and i put a looooooooot of time between drinks, because alcohol takes time to have it's full effect.

Try to have a kebab at some point. Dilutes alcohol, makes it easier on the stomach.

Because that's that one glass that makes "chillin' with beer and friends" become "i'm drunk and drink vodka like it's water". (i know, i make it sound ridiculous, but at the end of the day what i say is kind of true)

One last piece of advice from my short time on earth is : never drink in a place that is not 100% safe and don't go out in the streets while drunk. There is a vast proportion of people that happen to fall while drunk, only to get severe head trauma and lie on the road, unconscious, waiting for someone to rescue them. That kind of story happens a lot.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Beer, wine, sake..

I remember absolutely nothing from last night. :squint:

Right now I'm having some champaigne.

Orgalmer

Chuggasaurus Rex
Reaction score
Wow this thread makes me want to do shots.

I guess I know what I'm doing when I get home tonight!

J7string

Reaction score
Been drinking lots. Hopefully I can give you assholes some good ideas.

Chateau St. Michelle 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon

Chateau St. Jean 2011 Merlot

And the classic cocktail I think you all should try, the Mint Julep:

1:1 Bourbon (Jim Beam) and simple syrup. I do 2 oz of each.
4 mint sprigs
Club soda

Muddle the mint sprigs into a cocktail shaker with the simple syrup, fill with ice, then add your liquor. Shake well and pour into a cocktail glass over ice, finish it off with a touch of club soda. Garnish with a mint sprig and serve.

tm20

Reaction score
shitty date, now drunk. yay for jack daniels :D

Demiurge

Reaction score
Perhaps it's a sign of getting old, but there's nothing better than a Saturday night in during the winter. And once the trip to the gym is done, last errand/chore/project completed, that first drink while preparing dinner- delightful.

Tonight, I have an "IPA Adventure" variety pack from Harpoon... sounds like a wild ride.

')