Who's Been Drinkin'?

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Sam Adams, Shiner, Blue Moon

Stop the press! Don Cheeto is drinking.

2dd.jpg

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
2014-03-01211208_zps9ec673e0.jpg

I've been looking for this for so long and the wait has made it so much sweeter.

How does this compare to the standard version of this beer?
I wasn't hugely impressed by the non barrel-aged version, despite the impressive reviews i'd heard about it.

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
How does this compare to the standard version of this beer?
I wasn't hugely impressed by the non barrel-aged version, despite the impressive reviews i'd heard about it.

Depends on what you're looking for. Its base taste is very similar to the standard one, with an added powerful flavor of alcohol thanks to the bourbon barrel and upped ABV. I also found it significantly darker with a hefty coffee flavor, along the lines of some of the heavier imperial stouts I've had.

Basically if you like high ABV and darker than Hades, you'll enjoy it. It's a bold flavor very similar to other bourbon barrel'd stouts. Worth a shot, I'd say. Especially since it's a rare find.

pink freud

Reaction score
After last night I can definitively say that I am a Jameson man rather than a Bushmills man. The aftertaste is so much better. I hadn't given Irish whiskeys an honest shot, now I have to explore a bit.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
DSC_0002.JPG

Midnight Moon Apple Pie on the left, cherry on the right and some homemade 'white lightning' (frosted jar) in the foreground,

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Seeing as today is St Pats day I figure Ill go drink an ass load of green beer. My soon to be step mother works for the beer and liquor distributor that supplies the bar we are going to so she "says" we will get free beer.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
got a four pack of guinness last night for obvious reasons. when I finished the first can I heard something rattling around inside, so I opened it up and found a little plastic ball inside. at first I was confused as shit and a little pissed, but then I googled it and found out that its to give it a thicker, creamier head like a draught beer when you pour it. I tried it out and it was ....ing delicious

Attachments

• IMG_20140317_220857.jpg
    IMG_20140317_220857.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 23

Demiurge

Reaction score
Did I resolve to not drink this Tuesday night? Did I decide to have a couple just to mellow out? Am I now several deep, listening to side 3 of The Wall, bumming-the-fuck-out? Oh, beer.

Had a productive day otherwise, swear to god.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
what better way to spend a monday night than by emptying out the change pug for a tall boy cappucino stout...

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
Well... Three months of sobrietey down the drain. Well... tomorrow would have been three months but my fiancee left me and took my two kids. I'm all the way through a bottle of pinot noir, a handful of shots of Evan Williams and a handful of shots of I don't know what and some glasses of some cheap wiskey that I can't remember the name of, haha.

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
Thank you SSO for all the support. I'm so very soorry. that I didn't live up to what I promised. I really did pla on quiting but my only reason left and you have my most sincere regrets. I am so sorry.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
don't beat yourself up dude, if that's not a reason to drink then I don't know what is. I've been there too man, its the ....ing worst feeling in the world. just take it a day at a time, one day of slipping up doesn't mean you have to give up on it altogether.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
This was just put out for testing in 3 states today, and PA happens to be one of them
Jack-Daniels-Tennessee-Fire.jpg

I love me some Jack and I really love me some Fireball so this was definitely on my radar once I heard about it last month.

I've got 2 bottles (1 for my roommate) sitting here next to me right now. I'll be sure to let you guys know how it tastes when I actually decide to start drinking it, probably tonight or tomorrow night :lol:

')