Who's Been Drinkin'?

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I bought it just because I wanted the skull bottle :lol:
titos is good. pinnacle is solid for the price too. It really doesn't matter to me since I pretty much always mix my vodka (only masochists drink it straight regularly). I've tried basically all the 30$ and under vodka I can get my hands on over the years, and so long as it's not white wolf or karkov, I'm a happy man.

I got a bottle of their "Aurora Edition" as a wedding present and kept the bottle. That thing is cool as fuck.

Pinnacle isn't too bad. Most of the time I just pick up a big bottle of Kirkland Premium (Grey Goose) at Costco.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I got a bottle of their "Aurora Edition" as a wedding present and kept the bottle. That thing is cool as fuck.

Pinnacle isn't too bad. Most of the time I just pick up a big bottle of Kirkland Premium (Grey Goose) at Costco.
I thought about getting that version instead, but can't justify an extra 30$ for a cool paintjob. Kirkland is good, that's all my mom drinks anymore. I guess I'm just in a weird spot where I remember slumming it for years through college, so it hurts spending 20-30$ on booze. The irony is I've probably spent more on pickups this year than on booze in the last 5 years :lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought about getting that version instead, but can't justify an extra 30$ for a cool paintjob. Kirkland is good, that's all my mom drinks anymore. I guess I'm just in a weird spot where I remember slumming it for years through college, so it hurts spending 20-30$ on booze. The irony is I've probably spent more on pickups this year than on booze in the last 5 years :lol:

That's how I feel about buying beer. I get an unlimited supply for practically free, but still like trying new stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
When I still drank, my favorite vodka was basic Stolichnaya. Served room-temperature of course. :metal: I just didn't buy all the praise towards Russian Standard. Both the Platinum and the normal version just tasted too "clean" to me. Stolichnaya wasn't maybe as pure but it had some character, so to speak.

And I don't know if it counts but I had one alcohol-free Beck's last night. Technically it has 0,3% alcohol so there goes my 6 months of sobriety. :lol:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Hangover + flu = the worst feeling.

Not really to be honest :lol: Sunburn + hangover is even worse -> one time in Australia me and my dad drank a shitload (one 90% grappa bottle and almost two whole bottles of scotch + more) and it was a really sunny day. I'm pale af, so the next day the sunburn and hangover were literally so bad, I couldn't get out of bed.

And I don't know if it counts but I had one alcohol-free Beck's last night. Technically it has 0,3% alcohol so there goes my 6 months of sobriety. :lol:
Nah, doesn't count IMO.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Time for beer.....I haven't had a drink all Year! :cheers:

Heineken and Corona for me tonight.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
Christmas came late this year! Thanks Mom...

IMG-24191.jpg

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Finally restored my language skills after 3 weeks of various wines.

Beefmuffin

New Boot Goofin
Reaction score
I've recently stumbled upon a combo that I've really been enjoying. Code Red Mtn Dew with a Lime Rum (I personally use Cpt Morgan Lime when I can find it around here but if not, I've found Don Q Limon works well too). Even with a stronger mix ratio, it is extremely easy to drink and tastes awesome. I don't typically drink much but December and January have a good way of bringing it back for a bit haha.

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
My brother had his 40th bday last weekend and my sister and his gf arranged a surprise party for him. Most of his old childhood friends were there and our sister and I too, ofcourse... There was a lot of good music, good friends, good laughs and a buttload of alcohol to consume.

And I overdid it by a freaking mile. I can't remember when was the last time I was so damn drunk. I didn't sleep the earlier night, then didn't really eat anything during the day and drank so much that when there came a time to go to bar I just laid my sleeping bag on the floor and stayed there when everyone else went.

Well, when at 5 am people came back to sleep I had sprayed liquids from both of my ends like 20 times already and hadn't slept a minute.

My train left at 11am that morning and I was on it for 6 hours. Oh god that wasn't nice at all.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I worked Extreme Beer Fest in Boston this past weekend for my local brewery (Beer Tree).

It was the best beer fest I have ever been to. Met a lot of great people and brewery's. Drank until I couldn't and got to explore Boston a little (I have never been there).

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
I accidentally challenged my Chinese uncle to a drinking contest at a family dinner through a lack of cultural understanding and cues last night. That was an unfortunate mistake. Very sitcom-esque, though.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Haha, I thought I was in Unpopular Opinions for a second. I agree. In fact I think a lot of the big West Coast breweries (Stone in particular) are in a "hoppiness" pissing contest, and a lot of people drink their beers because they're "in."

Lately I've been all about Bavarian dunkelweizens. They're sweet, malty and roasty--basically the opposite of a West Coast IPA. Ayinger's Celebrator is probably my favorite but the Korbinian from Weihenstephaner is also excellent. Of course, these are not at all conducive to weight loss.

sierra nevada and lagunitas are prob the biggest west coast offenders in my book. here in MN we have summit and surly doing basically the same thing (over hop basically every beer they make, even when the flavor profile doesn't call for it). Summit came out with an abomination that they called a czech style pilsner, but it was hopped like a west coast IPA. It was disgusting.

i’m sorry but I might be part of the demographic you so hate. I just love hops and hoppy flavors. I love Sierra Nevada IPAs, although I find Stone a bit boring and plain. I’m from Texas and we have probably 30 breweries in every town, and they all have their own double IPA face melter brews. If you’re not a big IPA drinker, I can see you thinking theyre all the same, but they really do vary a lot in flavor, texture, balance, and complexity.

After a long hot day outside, a cold IPA in a chilled glass is the most refreshing feeling.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
Not to brag but I downed a whole bottle this weekend of the bad boy below produced by James White and... (sees older posts)... oh wrong thread I guess.
59522011_0_640x640.jpg