Who's going to Download 09?

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Meshuggah
Opeth
Faith No More
Dream Theater
Killswitch Engage
Slipknot
Korn
Down
Staind
Architects

...are reason enough to secure my wanting to go :D

who else is going? there's still loads more to be announced!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
I was considering it, but my time off from work this year is limited (parents going on holiday, I have to stick around for the dog, because I will not let them put him in kennels while they go away, poor little thing), although besides FNM, most of the bands I'd want to see, I've already seen before anyway so I'm not too downhearted.

Although Journey would be awesome :D

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't been since 2003 :(

But to be fair, there have been some SHIT years since then :lol: This one is probably the best since. But alas, no moneh!

darbdavys

Reaction score
I'd be there, if I lived closer :p
But planning to go to Progressive Nation, can't miss Opeth+DT and Stockholm :D

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
I'm going. Mostly for Architects, Killswitch and Parkway Drive (who you didn't mention :nono:). I have no particular interest in seeing anyone else.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I'm going. Mostly for Architects, Killswitch and Parkway Drive (who you didn't mention :nono:). I have no particular interest in seeing anyone else.

I only want to see the breakdown for Romance is Dead, I don't care for their other songs.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I wish i could go :( Best looking lineup ive seen in ages for a festival. SHame i live in, you know, Australia...

that's no excuse!

at Metal Camp last year I met some Australian dudes who were doing the metal festival rounds and they went to Hellfest, Wacken, Bloodstock, Download and Metal Camp! this one guy Luke was really cool actually spent a while hanging out.

I like Australian people, they're better than English people.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
that's no excuse!

at Metal Camp last year I met some Australian dudes who were doing the metal festival rounds and they went to Hellfest, Wacken, Bloodstock, Download and Metal Camp! this one guy Luke was really cool actually spent a while hanging out.

I like Australian people, they're better than English people.

Eventually, id like to come over and go. Me and the missus want to go all across Europe, and there are a couple of German industrial/noise festivals id like to go to a swell, along with the Download :evil:

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Wait wait wait, hasn't anyone noticed?

Download Festival...Dream Theater....Download Festival....Dream Theater...DOWNFUCKINGLOAD FUCKSTIBAL, DREAMFUCKINGTHEATER?!?!?!?!, as much as i love DT, they woudn't fit in Downloadfest, but hey! who cares? :lol:

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
where they? then nevermind my ignorance, i didn't knew DT was a DL regular :ugh:, is just that to me DL is a Really Heavy music fest, at least for what i've seen through youtube, also remember i'm thousands miles away from it.

M A R K

Reaction score
where they? then nevermind my ignorance, i didn't knew DT was a DL regular :ugh:, is just that to me DL is a Really Heavy music fest, at least for what i've seen through youtube, also remember i'm thousands miles away from it.

Not really a "really heavy" music fest, more a kind of general rock/metal fest and everything in between.

M A R K

Reaction score
"So cry me a FUCKING river, bitch!"

As you're an Architects fan, what do you think of Hollow Crown?

I'm a big Architects fan, I like Hollow Crown, I really like the stuff they did for Nightmares though, I think the re-recorded version of To The Death was outstanding.

')