Who's In A Gigging Band?

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Are you in a gigging band.

• Hell yeah I am! \mm/

Votes: 441 59.4%
  • Getting off the ground, will be gigging soon.

Votes: 125 16.8%
  • In between bands at the moment.

Votes: 54 7.3%
  • I rock my bedroom every night!

Votes: 122 16.4%

• Total voters

Tyler

Reaction score
You can check out my sig but we've been booking a lot of shows recently and have a tour coming up soon if we play our cards right.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
I play in Grind Method

We play around 2-3 times a month, been gigging for maybe 7 months. We are on a nice upward trajectory locally at the moment so it's alot of fun. Lots of Hard Rock/Metal covers and a few originals.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spadz93

Reaction score
I am the old lead guitarist/new vocalist for From the Depths. I am in the same band as "Tones" on here. Link to our page below. We took a big break from shows to write more music for an album, make some lineup changes, and just breathe. We're starting again at the end of the month and are probably gonna be booking a ton of shows. I am also going in to record vocals today for one of our new songs for the album

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I play the guitar in this folk/melodic metal band called Athellagon since late 2011, and we finally played our first gig a couple of days ago, at the funeral of our local metal bar Keikkamesta.

Unfortunately our vocalist lost her voice completely the day before, so we were forced to play instrumentally, but since our playtime was only around 15-20 minutes, we decided to do it anyway.

We didn't use our own gear (other than the keyboards) due to the tight schedule - something like 20 bands in 8 hours or so - so I missed the pedal a few times when changing from clean to distortion, but other than that I think it went really well. You can tell we were a bit nervous though, we played the second song at something like 300bpm (600bpm if you count the fact that the "verse" is played in doubletime :D ). What do you guys think?

... And here's what we sound like on record:

Flandreau

Reaction score
My band The Human Collective is playing our first show august 3rd, opening for The opressor, silence, I killed everyone, and some local bands in Western Mass

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Played a festival yesterday, our 5th or 6th gig in the past 5 weeks, it was the Bognor Rox Festival, a biiig three or four stage deal, Rox is a registered charity giving people opportunities to play music in the community, and they do a lot of fundraising gigs and supporting unsigned bands they like, we had a great turn-out, many of those there in bands I really like, and it was an honour to play it for a second year in a row.

Jes Johnson

Reaction score
I'm not gigging at the moment, but man, I'm trying like hell. Seems like every band I'm in ends up breaking up as soon as we get around to playing a few live shows.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
I am getting ready to start doing shows with my band TERA VEGA. we are doing a show to launch our album release tomorrow (9/13/13) at Gino's bar in SLC Utah. if there are any Utards around here, come on down. and i want to invite everyone else who is free from 7pm-1am GMT, to watch a live stream from a company called Project Independent. my band goes on at midnight. I've been using this site for a while now and it is an amazing community. I would greatly appreciate your support and time.

PROJECT INDEPENDENT - The Independent Hard Rock & Metal Network

Lava Joe

Reaction score
I'm in a gigging band, but trying to get better gigs...the gigs around here don't offer much of anything unfortunately! The demographic is NOT into 80% scream 20% sing, so...

Pat Olson

Reaction score
My bands are still tryin to get off the ground. It's a long, god-awful process.

We're in similar situation - haven't even named it yet but we have selected all the right players - finally! All of us are currently gigging in other bands, and spending the time to get this final one to be the ultimate experience. But for now we're going through that long drawn out process and its frustrating at times. Thankfully we are all gigging with other bands too....

Thanatopsis

Reaction score
My band Hexogen just played our second gig tonight. Went pretty well and got a good response from the crowd. Don't have another one booked until mid-March but hopefully something else will happen before then.

Hexogen Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos

My band The Human Collective is playing our first show august 3rd, opening for The opressor, silence, I killed everyone, and some local bands in Western Mass
Got any links? We're based out of Sudbury, MA.

CanniballistiX

Detuned Fury
Reaction score
I'm in a band called Enstride, we are rock from Media, Pennsylvania (Philly area).

Links are in my sig.

Show this Saturday night in Butler, NJ @ Architekt!