Who's In A Gigging Band?

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Are you in a gigging band.

• Hell yeah I am! \mm/

Votes: 446 59.3%
  • Getting off the ground, will be gigging soon.

Votes: 127 16.9%
  • In between bands at the moment.

Votes: 56 7.4%
  • I rock my bedroom every night!

Votes: 123 16.4%

• Total voters

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been in several gigging bands but currently I sit in my bedroom, all alone, naked in the dark, damp cold...shivering and hoping for someone to save me....er.....I wasn't supposed to say that part.

I really miss gigging and am currently looking for a band, but I haven't been to active in my search:noplease:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Between bands. I'm currently working on my own instrumental songs, trying to create a new sound, and a new style true to my own... as for bands, I'd say that I'm associated with two groups of kiddies who slam on their instruments. One being an incredibly talented group of highschool seniors, who's only flaw is that they only seem to what to play Iron Maiden covers rather than producing their own material, and the other is the typical 2 people show up for practice, 3 forget type of thing.

Miss UV

Reaction score
I'm the guitarist of Desensitised.
We play old-school death / grind and we usually play live once a month.
We've supported bands like Arch Enemy, Suffocation, Pungent Stench and next month we'll be playing with Master and Impaled Nazarene.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
When I mentioned Impaled Nazarene to my cube mate, he said, "Well, it is the season..." :lol:

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
Crap! Didn't realize everyone else was pimping their bands!

I'm the lead guitar player for The Vigilante Manifesto, this weird Punk/Metal/New Wave thing. We haven't done anything in forever and apparently, we have two bass players now? I'm also a guitar player/vocalist in Procreating Jim, an acoustic dou with me and an 8th grade girl :lol:. She's good, though. We play alot of Rush, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floydish stuff. Fun stuff.

Anyways, I have a new band lined up for incase stuff with TVM goes downhill and we do nothing productive. I know a bass player/vocalist who's pretty good, but he does baseball, so around may-ish, Me, the drummer from TVM, and him are gonna start jammin and see what happens. I'm hopin to cover some Megadeth or Pantera:hbang:

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
darren said:
We're starting to gig a little more, but we're already in pre-production for our third recording project, which will be a shorter EP, and then we have some ideas for a more conceptual album after that.
Look forward to hearing that for sure :hbang:

I'm in a band called Faded Beauty. We were playing shows locally somewhat regularly last summer, but have only done two since September, and none in 2006 :( We're working out our problems, improving our songs and performing ability, and finishing up recording before starting to seriously look for shows again.

We may end up with a new singer and a new name before all that is done, but any news will be posted here and on myspace before anywhere else (because I'm the internet geek in our band :lol: ).

Oh, I should also mention that in the downtime from Faded Beauty I've been playing bass for Emma Acott, a kickass singer/songwriter and friend from school. We've played four shows (originally with three guitarists, and later two of the guitarists were replaced by one better guitarist :lol: ), and I'll probably be playing 2-3 more in the coming months (if she got discovered and signed and asked me to go on tour, I'd probably say yes, it's really fun stuff, and everyone in the band's a multi-instrumentalist with a wide variety of musical tastes). I also played bass on the song "Back Where I Started" on her demo CD (also on her myspace page) and on her song "Vixen" which she recorded as her term project for school (it's a metal tune, with the guitarist of O'Faolain and the drummer of Capeside).

I'm also thinking of starting a punk/ska band that I'd play bass and sing in with the drummer of Faded Beauty playing guitar, and getting a mellow solo album recorded and put a band together to play some shows.

thedownside

Reaction score
I play lead (only) guitar in Welcome To The Downside Currently not really gigging, but working on an EP, should be done mid-to-end of may. I dont know how to describe us, just cross Korn with Deftones, Machine Head, Index Case, Soil and some Helmet, and you might get something like us :)

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone be between bands if they don't wanna be in another band?
I'm working on a solo project and hope to create a sound that is instantly recognizable. (Hint: I'm currently learning Arabic scales.)

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
I'm looking forward to it, too. We should have a good time :hbang: and :drew:

BTW: I'm going to want to check out that JP7. I've never even seen one in person.

:yesway:

do you know where you are playin round here? and I just had the JP on ebay (didn't sell though) but it may not be around by the time you guys come through

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have been in a metal band called Flothru since 1996 and have been gigging since 1997. Unfortunately in 2001, we split but got back together in 2002 only to end in 2004...lol. But in 2005, we got back together. We're doing some shows here and there but not as much as we should.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
7slinger said:
:yesway:

do you know where you are playin round here? and I just had the JP on ebay (didn't sell though) but it may not be around by the time you guys come through

We're playing here. Should be a good time. Know anything about the room?

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
a band I kinda know just played there on the 8th (one of the openers for powerman 5000 :lol: ) I'll see if they can give me any info on the room, cause I've never been there

All hail the Gnome

Reaction score
I play for the band Gnashing of Teeth from Dayton, OH (check out our MySpace). We recently got a new vocalist and are currently finishing drum tracks for our full-length album. We plan on doing at least one show a week once the recording is complete (our average was around there before we lost our last vocalist). We will be headlining the Hillbilly Metal Fest (also on MySpace) in Brockway, PA on May 20 if anyone is out that way. :hbang:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i... uh... play lead guitar in a band called LipLok... can i get a :metal:?

:D

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
All hail the Gnome said:
I play for the band Gnashing of Teeth from Dayton, OH (check out our MySpace). We recently got a new vocalist and are currently finishing drum tracks for our full-length album. We plan on doing at least one show a week once the recording is complete (our average was around there before we lost our last vocalist). We will be headlining the Hillbilly Metal Fest (also on MySpace) in Brockway, PA on May 20 if anyone is out that way. :hbang:

Dude - I'm from Dayton. Cool. I went to Stebbins... class of 96.

The Gnashing tunes sound nice and heavy. What are you guys so angry about? :D

Plus 3 on the Division band (Matt's still family)

I'm the drummer. Been with the band since 9/11/03. My competition during auditions was a fruity Russian dude. I think I got the gig b/c I chose not the hug everybody after each try-out.

Past band: Twelve Tribes. Just a short 2 month stint in 96. I was their first drummer - pretty much showed them what they weren't looking for, haha. I was ahead of my time actually; I was playing funky Limp Biscuit beats to their music, because it just had that "feel"... while they wanted a straight-edge/hardcore drummer. I got canned (oka - they just stopped calling me / started jamming with another dude).

I'm a wanna-be guitarist as well. Been drumming since 91/92-ish. I've owned an acoustic guitar since then as well... picked up the electric in 97. I'd love to play guitar in a band.... but like all others in Division, I hardly have enough time to work on my main band's songs!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm playing guitar, keys, and bass and doing vocals (quadruple duty) in Khereb. Kind of hard to play out this way. I'd love to do crazy shit on stage, but I have a hard time multitasking.

I also play in a Alternative/Punk band called Ox, but the position is temporary. I used to play in Unhinged (dark alternative/horror soundtrack band, who since switched lineups and now sound like Trapd) and before that, I played in a band called Rival (cheesy hair metal and covers) in the mid 90's when hair metal was at it's all-time low, and before I had hair.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
As of 4/25, I quit my previous industrial band, Vyral, basically because I was only guy doing the grunt work in terms of promotion, while the other guys were content to sit around and bitch. Right now, I'm enjoying a very small hiatus, practicing and doing some minor repairs to my technique and will be doing a demo for Chapelblaque, my solo project that disbanded in the late 90's.

Also in the meantime, I'll playing with friend Dee from PieNess, doing covers of video game music.

Lastly, I should be joining Kathy from Sadhara, after she moves to MD in September. She shouldl be releasing her album pretty soon (talking weeks now), and I'd be playing with her, and writing new material.

chris9

Reaction score
I play drums in a little pub band i can,t find a band to play guitar in i wish i could!!!!!!

')