Who's In A Gigging Band?

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Are you in a gigging band.

• Hell yeah I am! \mm/

Votes: 446 59.3%
  • Getting off the ground, will be gigging soon.

Votes: 127 16.9%
  • In between bands at the moment.

Votes: 56 7.4%
  • I rock my bedroom every night!

Votes: 123 16.4%

• Total voters

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
i'm actually in two bands.....one in the DC area that i've played a number of shows with, but i go to school in Boston and have a band up here that's working on getting off the ground and should be gigging (or at least, able to be) in a matter of weeks, so that's what i voted for.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm working on getting my band, Faded Beauty back to playing shows, but right now we're working on recording.

I'm also working on getting my solo project going.

I'm also considering starting a punk/ska band of my own, since I didn't get into Angry Agency.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Playing in this Balinese Gamelan (percussion orchestra) called Sekaha Gong Gita Asmara, since 1998.
http://www.gitaasmara.ca/

I put in a year and a half of 7 string playing with a local metal band called Splatter before leaving the band.

Currently working on my own experimental instrumental metal project.

Reaction score
im in a band called putrescine, we play death/grind if you were to generalize it into a genre. we just played our first show and are looking for more...if your in the new hampshire, massachusetts, maine area drop us a line at myspace.com/putrescinemedm if not check us out.

7-request

Reaction score
am in trailBlazer, we play Homocore metal (a guy at jemsite say it) another guy say, we sound like lamb of god, which i havent heard. another guy say we play somekind of thrash metal,... but i like the Homocore metal thing

this month we'll hopefully gig 2 times, 17th feb and 24th feb, last month we also had 2 gigs.

le_ackt

Le-ackt
Reaction score
My band ISORA have just started putting up the album and after that, it's Full time gigging summer !!

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm actually in two bands.....one in the DC area that i've played a number of shows with, but i go to school in Boston and have a band up here that's working on getting off the ground and should be gigging (or at least, able to be) in a matter of weeks, so that's what i voted for.

What DC area band?

(Yeah, I probably already asked that. I'm old. I forget shit.)

heavyjeffd

Honkey Supreme
Reaction score
Milky Way Galaxy, Earth, North America, Tejas.
I play guitar in a San Antonio/Austin-area band called Thirteen Muses (stuff in my sig).

We play fairly regularly and are in the process of recording tracks for our second CD.

Recently we won an online podcast contest (with almost 20,000 votes!) to be played on a national radio show for unsigned talent. The show will be broadcast on various stations across the country, check out http://www.rock30.com/Podcast_Winner.htm for more info. Click the Affiliates link to see if there's a station near you. :)

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in a band called Ablick...we play 2-3 shows a month. We're working on getting a 'set-in-stone' singer; once we establish that I'd like to have a show 3-5 times a month at least. I want me some endorsements :lol:

though they would be nice...

muffgoat

The Djentle Giant
Reaction score
Hey Everyone my name is Curt, i have been a memeber of this site since the start of last year and yet i have only started using it now( prob cause i finally ordered myself my first 7 string) But anywho I live in Canada :scott: and i play in a Vancouver based metal band called MuffgoaT we are usually a regular occurance playing anywhere from 1-2 shows per month. But for the last almost 8 months we have been on hiatus as we got rid of our other lead guitarist/ lead vocalist and now have replaced him with just a vocalist. So its now just up to me on leads guitars :mf666: anywho i will be on this site quite a bit as my work is always somewhat slow and i have my own comp (workin hard - hardly workin) lol i'm sure ill tty all soon.

Take it easy

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone my name is Curt, i have been a memeber of this site since the start of last year and yet i have only started using it now( prob cause i finally ordered myself my first 7 string) But anywho I live in Canada :scott: and i play in a Vancouver based metal band called MuffgoaT we are usually a regular occurance playing anywhere from 1-2 shows per month. But for the last almost 8 months we have been on hiatus as we got rid of our other lead guitarist/ lead vocalist and now have replaced him with just a vocalist. So its now just up to me on leads guitars :mf666: anywho i will be on this site quite a bit as my work is always somewhat slow and i have my own comp (workin hard - hardly workin) lol i'm sure ill tty all soon.

Take it easy

welcome:wavey:

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I play in a Fredericksburg VA based band called Tetryl. We've played Jaxx Nightclub a few times, opened up for Powerman 5000 once. We've played a show hosted by Mistress Juliya (she's awesome!) and a show hosted by Rake Jahn (sp???) so we have had some fun in the couple years we've been together. Recently we've been working on a demo and it's sounding pretty damn good! Just scheduling issues have made it take much longer. We also just kicked out our bass player because he is just a bad musician...not much else to say about that. We're also working on getting our myspace rebuilt as a result. So right now things are slow going, but we'll be back and ready to play many shows again! Especially with some of the local bands on this board (hint hint Division) :hbang:

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score

Take it easy
Where are you playing?

muffgoat

The Djentle Giant
Reaction score
Where are you playing?

We are playing tonight at the picadilly pub doors @ 8 show @ 9, your from Vancouver eh. You should def come check it out out its gonna be a heavy ass show!!!:hbang: I have been feinding to get in some live action since we played along time ago. Check our myspace for the flyer and details, hope to see you there!

CGord

Reaction score

Take it easy

That's a damned fine name.

(Yours, not the band's.)

Benzesp

Banned
Reaction score
I'm in a 6 peice Industrial/GothicRock band called PAIL. We play once or twice a month when we are in gig mode We,ve opened up for Powerman 5000,Wicked Wisdom(yea the band with Jada Pinkett Smith), and Prong. We've relesed 2 full length cds in the last 2 years. I do all of our recording/mixing/programing. Its a pretty serious project but we dont plan on "touring" or anything like that. I prefer to stay home and record.

Good luck to all of you guys looking and just starting out.

')