Who's In A Gigging Band?

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Are you in a gigging band.

• Hell yeah I am! \mm/

Votes: 446 59.3%
  • Getting off the ground, will be gigging soon.

Votes: 127 16.9%
  • In between bands at the moment.

Votes: 56 7.4%
  • I rock my bedroom every night!

Votes: 123 16.4%

• Total voters

thedownside

Reaction score
I currently play in Before The Fallen, a metal band from Moncton, NB, Canada. SpineDriver on here is also in the band as the other guitarist. We've been around in one form or another for a little over 2 years, but have had allot of band member changes, so it has taken a while to get off the ground. But we should be playing our first few shows in the next month or 2, and hopefully in the studio in the later part of the summer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
Currently in Vortex of Corruption, a wee thrash outfit. We did a couple gigs back in February/March but since we've kinda just been sitting about. I really want to get back into the swing of things, so I'm thinking of starting a side project until the time is ripe for VOC to get back in the business.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
In The Ravens Name (Iced Earth meets old Helloween meets...well, see above) gigs regularly around the midlands, I play lead, we play old school metal...

Scramasax (wintersun/norther/bodom/kalmah) is a melo-death-tech-folk thing...pretty new (formed it in April this year) but the other guys in it are awesome musicians (obviously better than myself :p) and this one has some real potential I reckon. 4 songs written (ish) that we're trying to finish up, but we're trying to be ambitious and really push our playing with this stuff so gigs are a while off I reckon

my gigging days are way behind me:(

:squint: what if Dio said that?

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I joined a new band about a month ago. We're called Beyond Hatred and we play death metal. Once we have a solid amount of material together, we'll start getting into some gigs.

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
Our drummer just got back from 7 weeks in Wyoming. We are in the studio right now, and should be back gigging within a couple months.

Open Wounds

Reaction score
i play in He Wants My Blood, we are a deathcore/grind band in san jose, ca. weve just recorded a 4 song demo and we actually played a show last night at a local pub and were playing one tomorrow at a bigger venue in downtown san jose. myspace.com/hewantsmyblood

thadood

'Das brootal.
Reaction score
Mississippi Burning. We play a wide range of metal, going from death and black, to thrash, to power, and then into classic and southern rock territory. Some hardcore punk, too.

We've got two road shows coming up with a band we really dig, Bush Hog Suicide. If you like Goatwhore, you'll like BHS.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
My band is Kavish... it's... hmmm... well, you can read a write up about us in the local rag!

A taste:
“Here’s what some of our friends say: BB says, ‘If the Psychedelic Furs were a sixties band.’ Mitchell says, ‘The best Brit-pop band in Winston-Salem.’ Toaster says, ‘Manly vocal confections.’”

sonofabias

Reaction score
My band is Rain of Kings! We play in the ny/nj/penn. tri state area and usually perform100+ shows a year. I'm in the process of recording and planning a trip this fall to LA. as well as europe for promotion and maybe get some shows over there while trying to get our record out, you know drum up a lot of interest. I think this is a great source for joining with like minded bands and getting shows ie: exsposure out of your area:hbang:

myspace.com/rainofkings.... check us out..Cheers

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I sing(scream) and play guitar in Plague of Autumn.

If my signature didn't tell you that already...

svart

Far Beyond Metal
Reaction score
I am guitarist in a band called Absynthium, A Belgian death/thrash metalband. been doing some gigs, like to do more than we did untill now though!

we released a demo called "Hatestorm" in 2005 and we're currently preparing a full cd that we hope to record/release in 2008 with the new line-up. some music can be found on our myspace (link in signature). :D

poisonelvis

windowlicker
Contributor
Reaction score
i play guitar in the nor cal. band-bonecage,we are a new band,but have done a few shows,we are getting ready to head to the studio to record our first demo(only been together for 8 months)we had to write a few more songs,as we are going to record at syilvia massy's studio in weed,and she wanted no less than 30 songs..wish me luck.

AngelVivaldi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet deal guys- good to see everyone out there rocking the fawwk out!

Ive been gigging as a solo artist for 4 + years now. I'm one of the few instrumentalists that prolly gigs more than most local act here on the east coast. I play anywhere from 4-8 shows per month depending.

I can NEVER say no to a gig. I dont give a shit where it's at. Anywhere from performing big venues like the mains stage at the knitting factory, starland, stone pony to like, playing on street corner and crappy bars. I dont think i'm too good to play anywhere really. Just give me some electricity and I'll be on my way! lol

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score

Rick Pierpont

Reaction score
Well, I actually don't play in Division nor have I ever auditioned, but they do have my old bass player, Ron. ;) I have also done a number of shows with them in my past two bands.

I played in MD-based Odin's Court for almost three years. We played out fairly often including many shows at Jaxx, an east coast mini-tour last November with Zero Hour (from CA), and BAR Fest in San Francisco last May. My last show with OC was opening for Symphony X at Jaxx in August. I left for another band for about 3 months although I did finish my work on the latest CD. Well, I heard the final mix about 2 weeks before Christmas and was blown away! After much soulsearching, I decided to rejoin Odin's Court! I am really excited and happy about my decision! We already have a show openig for Circle II Circle on Feb. 2 in Atlanta, GA! Check out our MySpace for some samples.

Me joining the other band was really the catalyst for me buying a 7. In OC, the other guy played a Universe, so I played different chord voicings on my 6. It actually worked out really nice. Of course, now I have my 7 still! So I will use that as a backup and for songs that require me to use a 7. I'm sure there will be more and more opportunities to use it as time goes on.

beepx22

Reaction score
yep, gigging band here too, we're on a down swing with the end our our summer tour and what not, not such a bad thing after pounding out the north east in a "Special needs" bus with no A/C or exhaust lol. Thats what it's all about though right.... we're called russett burbank btw

fleeeep

Meeedly meeedly meee
Reaction score
I play in a rock covers band for a living called bluemoose Bluemoose
We play 4-5 nights a week, we did around 240 shows last year, it's a full time job, lot of travelling involved.
We play everything from the newest chart hits to classic rock, AC/DC, Guns 'n' Roses etc.

Reece Fullwood

Guitar Gymnast
Reaction score
i've not long joined a band called OPUS NEX,
Progressive thrash/death metal,
Just starting gigging local pubs and stuff, i'm having gr8 fun,
But the other guitarist aint got a 7 yet, limits me :(

Nightcrawler

thrashin`til`death
Reaction score
I play guitar in Snake Mountain an ambient post-metal band. We gig at least once a month around town and try to get out of town as much as we can, planning on going cross Canada this summer. We have been a band for almost two years now, released a first 40min EP summer 2007 and have been getting steady airplay all over the place.

And if I'm not too busy doing that, I try to involve myself with thrash/grind/stoner/doom projects on the side.

kristallin

punk'd
Reaction score
I'm the keyboard player/synth and sequencer programmer/songwriter/ sometimes guitarist and producer for an as-yet unnamed project that has been created with the former vocalist and main songwriter from Majorette - a band that formerly included members of 40 Below Summer and Method Of Mayhem. We're hoping to be gigging by the summer after the last pieces fall into place (we're looking for a lead guitarist, hint, hint)
I've also had a loose affiliation with a Russian pop singer named Natalia, we're scheduled to play some showcases in the next months.

')