Who's In A Gigging Band?

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Are you in a gigging band.

• Hell yeah I am! \mm/

Votes: 446 59.3%
  • Getting off the ground, will be gigging soon.

Votes: 127 16.9%
  • In between bands at the moment.

Votes: 56 7.4%
  • I rock my bedroom every night!

Votes: 123 16.4%

• Total voters

tie my rope

Resident Asshat
Reaction score
i play in a Grindcore band called abortion squad and a technical death metal band called eternal harvest.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to be taking guitar lessons and auditioning for bands this fall probably. I plan on starting or joining a band that will get me on the road.

it's a dream i have, and now is the best time i have to pursue it.

HappySinner

I am the Anti-bling!
Reaction score
I play mainly instrumentals in my solo band, Graham Greene & The Happy Sinners, and mainly vocal tracks in my other band, Resonance Project. The good thing about these bands is that they have exactly the same lineups - the singer just gets more to do in Resonance Project. :) We toured to Vietnam in January (as RP) and played a stadium show, which was an absolute blast - there's a couple of photos in the Live section of the Photo Gallery (look for 'Hanoi Concert Pics'). Coming back to Australia and playing in pubs again felt a bit weird after doing the rockstar thing! :lol:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
i play guitar in REANIMA, we do some kind of death metal, and fortuneately we are giggin (~ 20 gigs/year) , but until now only in austria - if things go well we can play germany, czech rep., poland this year too...

and hell yeah, we just got confirmed to open for dying fetus in june! \m/

Zacplays

is Ginormous.
Reaction score
I play in Fallbrett. 17-18 year olds playing Deathcore. Check us out.

We got to playing 3-4 shows a month. That decreased to 1-2 since the closing of a local venue. But now we're going to be playing cocoa beach with As Blood Runs Black, Winds of Plague, Stick To Your Guns, and Veil of Maya. So if there are any fellow floridians on here come check us out. We've got some pretty major plans coming up touring wise. Nothing I can really guarantee cause the plans aren't set in stone. But I'm pretty stoked on the progress we're making. :)

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I play in Aphasis, a Progressive Thrash/Death Metal band. We've had a lot of lineup changes, and therefor we've only been able to play five gigs during the last three years. Our best gig so far must've been the one we played in april last year. It was at our own little metal festival, Karhunkynsi Metal Festival. The good part of the gig was that we actually got to warm up for Ajattara (famous finnish black metal band). Our drummer screwed it up a little though, he didn't attach the snare to the stand properly, so it fell into his lap during the first song. After that the gig went very well, there was even a moshpit during our heaviest song, Shards.
After that gig, our drummer quit. We found a new drummer almost imidiately, but we haven't gotten our set together yet. We also threw away a couple songs, simply because they sucked. We had a gig scheduled for 25.4, but we had to cancel it because of our basist/vocalists military duties.
We're gonna record a minidemo before that date, and it will be promoted on that day. The full demo will come later this year, the songtitles are (probably in the wrong order):
Demise
Godforsaken
Shards
Final Eclipse
Catharsis
... and one more song, project name 3/4

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
I play a progressive thrash band (Man Down) which Im trying to gradually turn in to a more commercial style (Killswitch Engage meets Dream Theater with clean vocals). We've recently acquired a new drummer (ex-Stamping Ground and Forever Never) so we'll be gigging again next month.

My other band is playing for the reaage artist St Peters, we're gigging regularly, getting weekly airplay, quite a few bookings often as a function band so it pays quite nicely, plus we've picked up a few useful contacts along the way so hopefully big things may happen!! Its kinda reggae with rock so hopefully very commercial.

Take a listen! MySpace.com - St Peters Stage Band - Broadstairs, UK - Reggae / Rock / House - www.myspace.com/stpetersband

gaunten

WUUUUAAAAAAAAH!!!
Reaction score
I play in nattsmyg, a swedish folkmetal band, we have had like 10 gigs the past two years, give or take a few. and I play in a rapmetal experiment thingy called acrasia (initially it was called R.A.W. but we found out that approximately 10345 hiphop groups were called this so...) and we have had about the same amount of gigs in the same time

awesomeargos

37 years on ax
Reaction score
Workin tonight with Paul McCandless and Rich Guardino.
I mostly gig all by my virtuoso self as my standards* are to high to want to play with most of the local "jazz" hicks and the aforementioned are busy elsewhere most of the year.

*I never met anyone who could play Jazz without being exclusive for at least a few weeks no one i know of can play great rock and the next night play great jazz the feel is to different and it usually all comes out like the Osmond family meets Bing Crosby. I would place an icon here but I don't see a square.

metalheadpunk

NUTRICULA
Contributor
Reaction score
My band, NUTRICULA, recently booked our first few shows. I play rhythm guitar (Hellraiser C7!). check us out over on the myspace. we've got three songs up (podxt dfhs) with full vocals!

myspace.com/nutricula

jazzsinger

Reaction score
I play my modded 7 string in a classic rock cover band that also does a bit of 30's and 40's and a C/W tune or two if asked for. I do a lot of the singing and play bass/guitar/synth all at once. My current 7 string has three bass string, four guitar strings and a Roland GK pickup (with bad tracking compared to my Godin piezo pickup). I plan to combine a Wizard 7 neck with either a Brian Moore or Godin body to get better tracking plus acoustic sounds.

DSilence

Reaction score
Well we are trying to get at that stage, at the moment we are playing at a club every 2nd week for free and do the odd party. So I guess no. But our goal is to get there.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
I play in 1931. We recently got back together after a year long hiatus (I joined another touring band because 1931 couldn't find a drummer). We're getting the rest of the year booked. but since 2004 we've been playing 100-150 shows a year at least, and I'm ready to get back up there:hbang:

_detox

lurkin'.
Reaction score
MySpace.com - The Science Of Sleep (NEW SONG UP NOW!) - LITTLE ROCK, US - Experimental / Metal / Electronica - www.myspace.com/thescienceofsleepar

Kind of electro-pop-rap-metal haha.

I play guitar/do the occasional growls/program most of the synth/write pretty much most of the music for this band. We played one battle of the bands at a Catholic school, which as you can imagine was not well received. We had problems with the synth tracks we played to off of a laptop, so we picked up a keyboards/sample guy and things are running much smoother.

We're playing what we call our first "official" show (which is another battle of the bands, but more to our style) on Saturday. Couldn't be more pumped for it, I just got my package of 80 glowsticks (not a whole lot, but all we need for a small club anyways) that we're going to throw out during one of our rave interludes. Should be great fun, and there's not too many promising bands..so I'm hoping we win! :lol:

King_nothing621

Reaction score
My band is just getting off the ground. Looking for a drummer and we'd be set. I do all the guitar work for now, but my brother might join in soon.

')