Who's In A Gigging Band?

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Are you in a gigging band.

• Hell yeah I am! \mm/

Votes: 446 59.3%
  • Getting off the ground, will be gigging soon.

Votes: 127 16.9%
  • In between bands at the moment.

Votes: 56 7.4%
  • I rock my bedroom every night!

Votes: 123 16.4%

• Total voters

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I play 7s in Chain Link Society. Starting next week doing 3-4 shows a month all over Ohio. Rock/Metal, heavy but still commercial enough. Band went 02-06 doing Industrial, vampire inspired, what I call "Count Chocula" rock, but when reformed and I joined October of last year, I helped get them away from that and almost all past songs are fazed out. Not crazy about the name, but alot of merch is already out there and it gets us in the door in Cleveland by reputation alone. One major accomplishment back in 05 was a Scene Pavillion show opening for Joey Belladonna (old Anthrax singer), openers for Dope, Flyleaf, and just recently Powerman 5000. Cleveland was awesome, onstage in front of 1000 people (biggest for me), but playin those shows is a PITA. Normally 6 cookie monster bands goin on before you and you get 5 minutes to set up.

~CHAIN~LINK~SOCIETY~ on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

We just put a new single up. Two months ago the band almost imploded when our singer disappeared off an a heroine binge and didnt tell us he quit. We merged with another band called Candle Theory and got their singer/keys and got a great rythm guitarist out of the deal, too. Not to mention all their songs, which was good, cause we had 5 weeks to jell together in order to do a 2 hour headliner that was booked months before our old singer ran off.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MarkyPerfection

Violence Advocate
Reaction score
I play lead guitar in Full Blown Chaos. FBC has been a band since 1998, myself a member since the end of 07/beginning of 08. In that time we've toured with Sepultura, Superjoint Ritual, Hatebreed, Exodus, Obituary, Chimaira, Strapping Young Lad, (and many more) and even played the second stage of Ozzfest in 2006. Those were the days.

From 2003 to 2006 FBC played approximately 1200 shows or about 300 a year, but realistically it was probably a bit more.
In 2007, we played about half that, probably 150-160.
In 2008, about half again (approx 80-90.)

We're currently writing the follow-up to our last full-length, released on Ferret Music, entitled "Heavy Lies the Crown" and trying to get our shit back together in the wake of a run of truly rotten luck.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Well, as of 1st December I'm in a gigging (metal) band.

Prometheus on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I think we described ourselves as Progressive Blackened Melodic Viking Death Jazz Metal. I'm not sure if we were joking or not. It's a 5-piece: guitars, keys, bass, drums, screams. We're actually pretty pleased with ourselves, though there's plenty left to improve on. An EP/demo/CD/whatever should be forthcoming at the end of next month, just in time for our first gig, which should be the first of many!

And then there's this old chestnut which's been going since about this time last year. It's about as far from Prometheus as it's possible to get:

Mama Skank on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Ten-piece old-school ska band, with yours truly on the double bass. We don't suck. I write some of the music. At least one band member is usually stoned. It's not all cover versions.

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
If you haven't figured out by now, I'm the lead guitarist in End Theory. I do usually 3-4 shows/month, but that's starting to increase with the recent release of our debut CD. Lot of good opportunities have been coming our way. Needless to say, I'm stoked. \m/

Hey Shannon, are you also on HC? I know Shannon over there, who hangs out in the Doom Room meta thread.

Moi, I'm in between bands. I miss playing out! :(

Mono8078

Reaction score
I play in a band called Jerolyn.

(myspace.com/jerolynal)

We play shows as often as possible, usually at LEAST twice a month, sometimes up to 8 times.

Hzanco

Soon 2 b Groovatron
Reaction score
I play bass in Aesthyrian, but the current status of the band is sort of up in the air for a few reasons. But no matter what happens, I will continue to play music in a band whether it's this one or some other.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
I play lead guitar in a local metal band called Beneath the Sovereign. I have been with them since late October and we finally played our first gig with me in it on the 19th. We are trying to play as many shows as we can a month now, but we are in the process of recording our EP and writing a ton of new material so that has been slowing it down. Judging by the outcome of the gig, we have a good road ahead of us (all the bands liked us and want to play with us again). Check us out and tell me what you think!

victim5150

Reaction score
I play guitar for a band called Victim. I joined my senior year of high school in 91'. We've been going for almost 20 years now and it's been a blast. We play out 2-4 times a month. We play originals and covers just depends on the gig. Check us out at www.myspace.com/victimrocks
When I have the time I write my own personal stuff that's more instrumental oriented check it out at www.myspace.com/toddbishopmusic

Cypher

Reaction score

Forresterc

Reaction score
I'm the guitarist for I'm a Bassist. My band just got finished with the setlist. We're looking for our first gig right now.

We're alternative prog rock (i guess). 3 out the 4 of us are in college and the last one (the singer) has a stable job to payoff his student loans. We have a hard time finding time to all get together. often times we'll only have 3 out of 4 people be able to make it.

reverbnation.com/corbinforrester

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
Shame there's no "I used to be but have no intention of joining another" option. Right now I'm just writing new stuff for a new project of mine and recording my old bands music, I wrote it all anyway and don't want to just have it sit unrecorded forever.

')