Who's In A Gigging Band?

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Are you in a gigging band.

• Hell yeah I am! \mm/

Votes: 446 59.3%
  • Getting off the ground, will be gigging soon.

Votes: 127 16.9%
  • In between bands at the moment.

Votes: 56 7.4%
  • I rock my bedroom every night!

Votes: 123 16.4%

• Total voters

Emiliano

true DJENTleman
Reaction score
i play in a grunge band, tha Acid Paper, and i'm tring to put up a live ambient duo with a keyboardist where i play the bass, to do some softer stuff :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

turmoil

l0rd of teh shr3d
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been playing guitar in this band, Century for about a year now. We play out a few times a month and it's mostly regional East Coast dates.

Inazone

Reaction score
I'm the lead guitarist for Under Eden. We've been called everything from melodic death metal to technical thrash to black metal, as we draw influences from so many aspects of metal. We're based in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota and play mostly local shows, as openers for national acts, and at festivals every now and then. We have one album out on Black Lotus Records (RIP) and recently put out a self-released EP.

www.UNDER-EDEN.net
MySpace.com - Under Eden - Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Metal / Death Metal / Thrash - www.myspace.com/undereden

Reaction score
Major song writing, with strong commited members minus bass and vocals. We have been trying to hold off on the fun stuff like names and stuff, because we agree there are alot of people who are wanting to be in a band more then play good music. with good things come time.

Alekke

Octopus Djentalis
Reaction score
I'm Alen from Croatia, I do lead vocals and one and only 7 string guitar in my band E.N.D.
We could be described as Thrash/core/metal band but lately we experiment a lot with groovier and polyrhitmic stuff so we'll just generalize it as metal.

heres one live clip:

Other clips:
YouTube - alekke's Channel

and bands websites in the sig.

Julko

Reaction score
Well... pley guitar (the other guitarist likes to call me the "lead-guitarist"... anyway) in a swedish band called "seed of life"
Have been around since 2005 but it started for real in 2006 :hbang:

Have recorded a 3 song demo and wait for world domination mode to start :cool:

Play some kind of death-metal but not the ultra br00tal fisting death-metal, something half-melodic and a litle more dynamic changes to get the music a facelift. My influences right now is mostly Meshuggah, Cult of luna and Bloodbath so get the picture yourself:rolleyes:
Check it out and judge for yourselves :metal:
MySpace.com - Seed of life (NEW SONGS UP!) - Malmö, SE - Death Metal / Thrash / Metal - www.myspace.com/seedoflifeband

robotsatemygma

myspace.com/pygar1
Reaction score
Well hello,

As I have mentioned before I play in the band Pygar from the Twin Cities. We are a Mathcore/Jazz/Hardcore whatever band, spanning even more influences to create music we are truly proud of.

We've been a band for about 4 years now, with the 1st year getting a solid line up and material written. We took a hiatus early in 2007 to pursue other musical endeavors only to reform later that year, with a new lineup. We've been playing shows regularly 2-4 time a month trying to get our name and music out there. We really don't fit in with our scene, as we're the only band to ever do a regular jazz improve around here. The drummer grabs a tenor sax, I go behind the drums and the old vocalist would play keys. We've done encores purely because of this. "Sax at a metal show?" is a common comment we hear.

We have 2 recorded EP's, with one only currently available, and the other only available by request. We are in the process of writing new material and plan on recording a Split EP with another band and hopefully a Full Length by the end of the year.

PYGAR on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

ssskai

Reaction score
Im in a band called Subversi0n, an experimental metal band. We are currently training up a new drummer who is an utter god send and life saver for us after our previous drummer disappeared off the face of the earth lol.

Been going for about a year getting shizz ready and sorted, got a nice bunch of people in giving it there all.

We are currently also planning our second diary video which will involve interviews, practice and recording footage and maybe some live work if we have the time to organise it all.

check us out:

SubVerSi0N [NEW DRUMMER FOUND][NEW TRACKS] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

l_5a8179edf50a42e1aaf5ad0a280d0046.jpg

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I play in an acoustic band called Alchemy. We have an EP written and plan on recording soon. We have a festival lines up and plan to gig throughout the summer.

I'm also trying desparately to put a metalcore/nu-metal band together, but its slow.

Latest posts

')