Who's painting guitars nowadays?

• Thread starter c7spheres
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Who's painting guitars nowadays? Trying to find out who's out there. A place like Sims, but reputable, for example. My go to people have since retired or died. I'm in the U.S. Shipping in the U.S. probably ok. I'd try this myself but I know better. I paint like a toddler, and that's not the finish I want. lol. I might want someone who can do a good dyed flame with gloss top type finish possibly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
Who's painting guitars nowadays? Trying to find out who's out there. A place like Sims, but reputable, for example. My go to people have since retired or died. I'm in the U.S. Shipping in the U.S. probably ok. I'd try this myself but I know better. I paint like a toddler, and that's not the finish I want. lol. I might want someone who can do a good dyed flame with gloss top type finish possibly.
Existing guitar? New guitar body only for your own build?

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Perhaps a relevant thread from the not-too-distant past:

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I found GMW. Maybe looking into them when I'm ready. I also found some cool solid colors like Teal Kandy shimrin paint and all those colors. Those are nice. They got chameleon paints too. The black shimrin is nice too. all the pearl options. Option paralysis now. lol.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I found GMW. Maybe looking into them when I'm ready. I also found some cool solid colors like Teal Kandy shimrin paint and all those colors. Those are nice. They got chameleon paints too. The black shimrin is nice too. all the pearl options. Option paralysis now. lol.
Go chameleon... purple/turquoise or purple/cyan...?

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
If you're going for solid colours (and especially flip colours), that opens up the world of automotive resprayers who'll do an outstanding job, possibly for less.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Go chameleon... purple/turquoise or purple/cyan...?
At least I have time to think about it. I like all these colors. I like the one they call 'pagan gold kandy', not pagan gold, but gold candy. It's got that dark orange to it. That would be pretty sweet with an ebony fingerboard look too. It's impossible to decide. I like the darker chameleon looks too.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
At least I have time to think about it. I like all these colors. I like the one they call 'pagan gold kandy', not pagan gold, but gold candy. It's got that dark orange to it. That would be pretty sweet with an ebony fingerboard look too. It's impossible to decide. I like the darker chameleon looks too.
On the automotive paint option, you can pretty much match any colour with any kind of pearlescent flakes, so no need to compromise, if you decide to go that way.

Any decent spray shop will paint whatever combination you want. Want to match it to Lambo Orange? Easy. Want a slightly lighter/darker orange under the gold pearlescent flip? No problem.

For example, right now I'm doing a Strat for my son in classic Surf Green, but with a subtle gold flip to set off the roasted flame maple neck and gold hardware (not done yet, in case you wanted to see pics).

Latest posts

')