Who's painting guitars nowadays?

• Thread starter c7spheres
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
About 2 years ago, I had a local guitar shop paint my guitar in a solid color finish for $450, their price is now $600.

Sims is painting an RG7 body, matching headstock with custom logo and filling some cavities for $665.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
What's wrong with Sims? I've never used them, but the work that they show on FB looks really good.
Nothing wrong with his work but dealing with him was a pain in the past and it took months to resolve which had to be done with bank disputes and stuff. I see a lot of other stories about him too of others having issues still. The more I think about it I may just build up an rg7620 body I have, save cash and get more gear too! lol. Paint is so expensive, for obvious reasons. That's a lot of work, time, and potential issues, so I get it.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Sims is notorious for not completing projects anywhere near on time, withholding customer gear, refusing refund requests, not responding to messages etc. I wouldn't go anywhere near him.
Still? I read that the issues were resolved lol :( well, I'll know once the proposed lead time runs out.

')