Who's painting guitars nowadays?

• Thread starter c7spheres
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
About 2 years ago, I had a local guitar shop paint my guitar in a solid color finish for $450, their price is now $600.

Sims is painting an RG7 body, matching headstock with custom logo and filling some cavities for $665.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
What's wrong with Sims? I've never used them, but the work that they show on FB looks really good.
Nothing wrong with his work but dealing with him was a pain in the past and it took months to resolve which had to be done with bank disputes and stuff. I see a lot of other stories about him too of others having issues still. The more I think about it I may just build up an rg7620 body I have, save cash and get more gear too! lol. Paint is so expensive, for obvious reasons. That's a lot of work, time, and potential issues, so I get it.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Sims is notorious for not completing projects anywhere near on time, withholding customer gear, refusing refund requests, not responding to messages etc. I wouldn't go anywhere near him.
Still? I read that the issues were resolved lol :( well, I'll know once the proposed lead time runs out.

oracles

Reaction score
Still? I read that the issues were resolved lol :( well, I'll know once the proposed lead time runs out.

Still. Dude has never, and likely will never, change. Hopefully you don't become one of the horror stories.

torchlord

Reaction score
I had my Ibanez Universe Green Dot done by Pat Wilkins Back in 2015, he did a pretty good job when they finally got around to doing it, although somehow they lost my order and forgot about it for a couple of months till I asked them about it. It wouldn't have been so long if I hadn't looked at the date on the order wrong initially and thought it wouldn't be done for a few months. I'm considered fixing the paint on my other guitar, just sent a inquiry about how much it would cost to them again.
Who's painting guitars nowadays? Trying to find out who's out there. A place like Sims, but reputable, for example. My go to people have since retired or died. I'm in the U.S. Shipping in the U.S. probably ok. I'd try this myself but I know better. I paint like a toddler, and that's not the finish I want. lol. I might want someone who can do a good dyed flame with gloss top type finish possibly.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
Was discussing this thread with my son and fell headlong into his cunning trap: looks like I'm gonna have to refinish his RG7421 in Lamborghini Arancio Atlas...🤣😂

1000010978.jpg

Latest posts

')