Who's the cleanest electric guitar player you've heard

• Thread starter sojourner
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Michael Romeo:

Vinnie Moore:

Rick Graham:

Paul Gilbert:

Bonus... Tony MacAlpine and Jeff Loomis:

Of course... Petrucci.
(don't think I really need to post a video)

Double Bonus:

Last edited:

Unleash The Fury

Reaction score
I second Shawn lane and I also second Emil werstler. also, no one could touch yngwie pre '86

haieb

Reaction score
Rick Graham is one of the cleanest (legato) players imo. Another player worth mentioning is Guthrie Govan. His overall skills are unbeaten and his improvisations are mind blowing (hand. cannot. erase :nuts:) :)

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
For me, it's Mike Gilbert easily. Some of the best guitar tone ever and is extremely tight playing-wise.

Yes, I'm a fanboy, but there are worse people to idolize.

Anyways, other great players.

I used to take lessons from this guy a few years ago and while I'd always loved his songwriting, I really never appreciated things such as restraint as much as I thought I did. Tymon is a perfect example of a player that knows just what a song needs.

The dude from Inferi too. Been a fan since Warmachine since they were from Tennessee and I lived near them at the time. Malcolm's playing has only gotten tighter as the years have gone by.

1:34 is super clean.

The rhythm behind the lead at 3:15 is super punchy as well too.

There are plenty of other players I could name but most of you have already mentioned them, ie - Yngwie, Paul Gilbert, etc.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Malcom Pugh's playing on A Loathing Requiem is monstrous too, giving off huge Necrophagist vibes

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
There's too many to list, but these would be in my top "Clean" -player list (which can be debated what it even means..)
- Shawn Lane
- Guthrie Govan
- John Petrucci
- Al Di Meola
- Joe Bonamassa
- Frank Gambale

Haven't really seen any bad live clips from any of these guys. And let's face it, that's when you really see who's got a firm grip on their technique and instrument. And I'm surprised no one listed Bonamassa before, his alternate picking is like a frigging machine gun (similar to Di Meola IMO).

EmaDaCuz

Brutal yet soulful
Reaction score
Sometimes I take five showers a day, so I think I am one of the cleanest electric guitarists.

Latest posts

')