Why are you happy right now?

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Officially as of Monday 8/17 (had to wait til Friday follow up), my Mom is 100% CANCER-FREE!!!! Doc said that on her hormone therapy that the chances of the cancer coming back and being a concern are close to zero. He even said to her something along the lines of "at your age (she's 83), if the medicine bothers you, stop taking it. It really won't matter much." Meaning that from this point forward, even without the meds, she'd have to be 95 at least for it to become a concern again. She's obviously going to take the meds, but still. What a f'ing sigh of relief that follow up visit was. I was stressed beyond belief.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
Today I've been rocking out with my son, he really enjoyed it and gave it 666%

Usually he makes this noise when he plays with Transformers or Dinosaurs and then gets asked to quiet it down a little :)

[YOUTUBEVID]mi6k6JK3v7g[/YOUTUBEVID]

The sound is a bit crappy, recorded with a phone. The gear used is an ESP Ultratone 27" in drop A, and a Blackstar ID:30.

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
Me, via email: "Do you still do 7-string guitars, if I place a special order through a dealer?

If not, do you still do 7-string pickups?"
tom, from Tom Anderson guitars: "yes, yes and yes.

they are a regular item now, and any dealer can take your order. we are happy to help with any of the details.

tom"

I kinda wonder if that's the Tom, I kinda think it is.

I'm a special order one next paycheck.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Went for some late night ramen last night and met some people that just came from the Incubus and Deftones concert. They said they're playing again tonight in Irvine and we managed to get tickets to check it out. Gonna go to the beach and end the night seeing on of my favourite bands as of late (Deftones) play a stacked setlist. Should be a great time! :D

broj15

Reaction score
Seeing the Mountain Goats for the 2nd time this year. First time was back in april when John Darnielle played with full band, but this is just a solo mini tour which (hopefully) means more old material and a much longer set (as if 2 hours wasn't enough).

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
the Lebanese people are finally coming to their senses and are now protesting by the tens of thousands against the ruling corrupted, sectarian political class. i'm proud to be part of this movement and i hope it turns out for the best.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Went for some late night ramen last night and met some people that just came from the Incubus and Deftones concert. They said they're playing again tonight in Irvine and we managed to get tickets to check it out. Gonna go to the beach and end the night seeing on of my favourite bands as of late (Deftones) play a stacked setlist. Should be a great time! :D
And it was. Deftones slayed and it was my first time hearing Death from Above 1979 and now I want more.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Accepted a full time job today! Ahh I have no idea how to adult but I guess my college degree came in handy :lol:

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Seeing the Mountain Goats for the 2nd time this year. First time was back in april when John Darnielle played with full band, but this is just a solo mini tour which (hopefully) means more old material and a much longer set (as if 2 hours wasn't enough).

Jealous. The Mountain Goats are so great.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Me, via email: "Do you still do 7-string guitars, if I place a special order through a dealer?

If not, do you still do 7-string pickups?"
tom, from Tom Anderson guitars: "yes, yes and yes.

they are a regular item now, and any dealer can take your order. we are happy to help with any of the details.

tom"

I kinda wonder if that's the Tom, I kinda think it is.

I'm a special order one next paycheck.

Wait until after NAMM. Trust me.

Kobalt

Reaction score
I don't know what it is...but I've been learning two songs I really wanted to learn but was unable to play in the past.......and now can. (sudden skills progress spurt? :lol:)

This is ....ing awesome. :shred:

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Just learned A-L-I-E-N by Maximum the Hormone on bass... it's really really REALLY hard but great fun!

And Montrose's first album arrived in the post today.

')