Why are you happy right now?

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Figured out a Dann Huff solo by ear, from an old Peter Cetera track my dad showed me, and videoed it... the solo has four or five key changes in it :D

It's not exact but I'm pretty buzzed to have (mostly) worked it out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
Congrats!

And as to being happy, I'm working on another project for my girlfriend, and it's coming along quite nicely, pretty happy about that. :hbang:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Finally started writing again for the first time in...I think 2 years? Feels good to finally be making some music and not feeling like .... about it. It's only about a minute of something but it's a damn good start I think.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Double happy today.

Woke up this morning and my laptop was a little f**ked up. The colours were all wonky and if I lightly hit certain parts of it then they would change and get fuzzier or clearer in different spots. This and my super elite engineering skillz led me to believe that it was a hardware problem with the GPU or LCD screen connector. So I spent the last hour or so taking my laptop apart, checking all the connections that I thought could be an issue, cleaning out any dust/hair/crap that was in there and then putting it back together, careful not to tighten the screws too much on the GPU heatsink as well as basically every other screw in there.

I'm ecstatic to say that it's working the way it should be. :D This is one of the rare occasions I was able to fix a near catastrophic computer problem and I'm incredibly happy that I don't have to replace this Alienware. She's a beast and I don't like lugging her around often, but goddamn if she hasn't served me well for the last 5 years.

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
I typically favor compassion over schadenfreude, but I can't help but smile hearing that my boss's wife filed for divorce. He's a jerk, so good for her. I wish I could get a divorce from him in our work relationship. :-\

TauSigmaNova

Guitarist Wannabe.
Reaction score
At the Marty show, waiting for it to start. Playing a whole bunch of 80s stuff over the PA from Priest to WASP to Ozzy. The stacks of ENGLs and Marshalls excite me. :D

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Just got back from a dr's appointment, and I'm down another 3 pounds from last week! Progress feels so damn good. :sharpie:

TauSigmaNova

Guitarist Wannabe.
Reaction score
Concert was absolutely ....ing phenomenal. Openers were great too, especially Exmortus. Got to meet the man himself too. I saw he was using 57/66s and they sounded phenomenal, (sound great with Jeff Loomis too)... Love his tone live and on Inferno

42238b53b7.png

ghost_of_karelia

Utrydd dei Svake
Reaction score
Decided I'm going to post in this thread once every couple of days at least, just to stay in touch with perspective and remind myself how many great things I have in my life.

Well, today I found my vapestick after looking for it for MONTHS - under the computer cabinet. Awesome.

Also haven't been able to use my iPod Touch (which is my lifeline as it's got all my emails and practice stuff on it) because both buttons are broken, so I need to plug it in to turn the screen on. Well, my charger broke, and I was really worried it was the actual iPod as it's into year 3 of life, but having bought a new charger cable it turns out the old one was broken. TL;DR - iPod still works, thank christ.

Two great things. :D

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
^Great idea, mind if I steal it? :wavey:

Today means I have eleven weeks left until my 18th birthday, and I'm binge-watching Puffin Rock with my younger siblings, which is actually pretty entertaining. :D

And there's finally some rain, which I'm also happy about.
Really I'm just happy today. :p

Edit: 13wks, 6 days until Star Wars!

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I may have to use this idea as well, and check in every few days or so with some happy news...as for today, nothing really special is going on, which gives me some time to go through all the guitars and bass (only have one of those) in my collection and do some jamming out, and I might kick it with some friends later. :)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Got my first pair of cycling shorts in the mail, and I noticed two things:

1. OHMYGOD THE'YRE SUPER COMFORTABLE WHY AREN'T THEY EVERYDAY WEAR
2. Thank God they fit

Kobalt

Reaction score
Some years ago, I saw someone on JCFOnline who had installed a Jackson DXMGT neck onto a Cobalt Blue DKMGT body, and I thought the carved top combined with the sharkfins and 3-3 headstock was absolutely killer (nothing against piranha inlays with reversed headstock, though). Since then, I'd been wanting to do the same, but with a Trans Black body, and it seems someone local totally beat me to it and now has it listed for sale.

YOINK! Time to look into that!

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
because i accidently stumbled upon this classic:

Not as good as i remember but still just as ridiculous. I was a freshman in College when this came out haha.

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
Double happy today.

Woke up this morning and my laptop was a little f**ked up. The colours were all wonky and if I lightly hit certain parts of it then they would change and get fuzzier or clearer in different spots. This and my super elite engineering skillz led me to believe that it was a hardware problem with the GPU or LCD screen connector. So I spent the last hour or so taking my laptop apart, checking all the connections that I thought could be an issue, cleaning out any dust/hair/crap that was in there and then putting it back together, careful not to tighten the screws too much on the GPU heatsink as well as basically every other screw in there.

I'm ecstatic to say that it's working the way it should be. :D This is one of the rare occasions I was able to fix a near catastrophic computer problem and I'm incredibly happy that I don't have to replace this Alienware. She's a beast and I don't like lugging her around often, but goddamn if she hasn't served me well for the last 5 years.
Nice. That's like IT support advanced -- "have you tried taking it apart and putting it back together again"? :D

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
Cheers to that.
"have you tried taking it apart and putting it back together again"? :D
This is correctly heard in IT Crowd's Roy's voice.

EDIT: Oh, and just to keep this on topic, I just bought two very pink guitars (to offset my swarthy manliness): a Gretsch Tim Armstrong, and a PRS SE Custom 24...from Japan...because for some reason, 'pink' is not one of the colours for a SE Custom 24 in this country.

')