Why are you happy right now?

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
This video of Bad Brains, Fishbone and Living Colour playing "Sailin' On" at Afropunk.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

naw38

Reaction score
I got fired yesterday, which means that I am now, once again... A househusband!!!

And my wife and I are taking my boss to court over it, which is exciting; having a common enemy is always good for relationship building, I feel.

Maybrick

Reaction score
I was best man at my best friends wedding on Friday. It was definitely one of the best days of my life and I was so happy with how my best man speech went. Pretty nervous at the beginning but then got a ton of laughs.

Mikeitloud

Reaction score
Just got a Schecter C1 Exotic Star, and an Orange Rocker 30 combo!
Also going to see Five finger Death Punch on Friday!!
All of this makes me Happy

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
I've hired an electrical engineering student to tutor me up to speed on my algebra for my SAT's/ACT's. Hoping that I'll get the grades to get into a good school/service academy and then just onwards and upwards.

broj15

Reaction score
After a couple months of being in a bit of a "limbo" my band has gotten back on track and we've got some big things on the horizon that I'm super stoked for so I'm taking this as an opportunity to brag a little :cool:.

To give some backstory on the "limbo" I'll just say that we were forced to take a break from playing shows and go on "hiatus" (not an actual hiatus, but a public one. We still continued to write/record/practice) while we waited for some bullshit drama to blow over... I won't get into details as it's kind of a touchy subject, but if anyone's curious you can pm me.

Last wednesday night we played our first show in 2 months and it couldn't have gone better. The crowd was a bit small (roughly 30 people including members of bands that played) but we got to play with 2 of our favorite local band. Both bands watched our set and had really positive responses and want to book more shows with us.

Earlier that same day we were contacted by a person who runs a small tape label out of Canada who is very interested in releasing our demo on cassette which is exciting for all of us as it will be the first physical release any of us have been a part of.

Lastly we've got some big shows coming up. We'll be playing a hardcore fest/benefit in october hosted by some very good friends of ours. The lineup includes Bowels Of Judas (Indy metallic hardcore OG's), a special reunion by Ishia (techdeath/grind that includes a member of The Contortionist), and Closet Witch (the absolute BEST diy grindcore band going right now... Seeing them live was like a religious experience). When Closet Witch found out we were playing they asked us if we would like to play/ set up a show with them the next night to help them get back to their home in Iowa. We're in the process of planning a little 5 day tour with one of favorite locals that we're very good friends with that should happen some time in late october. Lastly we're planning our own "mini fest" that will take place in early december. The venue, all local bands, and several of the touring bands have been confirmed and we're just waiting to hear back from a few more of the touring bands. The idea behind it is to help form bonds between our friends in our local scene with some of our out of state friends.

So that's basically whats up right now. Despite a few set backs, this year has been very good for us over all and it looks like it will keep getting better if everything goes according to plan.

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
Money's been extremely tight lately. Like, penny-pinching tight. In a span of 48 hours, I wind up with 16 hours of OT at work, 4 freelance audio editing jobs, and a buyer for the guitar I'm selling. Sweet relief!

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
So more of an expanded update of my previous post up the page, was Unemployed, UI benefits ran out, got an art test, while doing the art test found out I had a crazy upstairs neighbor who was banging on my side patio door accusing me of harassing her online, was offered the job, drove across country (later crazy lady!), barely secured a new apt. before my 1st day of work. Now I'm employed at Telltale Games studio and already learning plenty of new programs, workflow and feel a new chapter to life and my career has begun. What a ride. :)

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
So more of an expanded update of my previous post up the page, was Unemployed, UI benefits ran out, got an art test, while doing the art test found out I had a crazy upstairs neighbor who was banging on my side patio door accusing me of harassing her online, was offered the job, drove across country (later crazy lady!), barely secured a new apt. before my 1st day of work. Now I'm employed at Telltale Games studio and already learning plenty of new programs, workflow and feel a new chapter to life and my career has begun. What a ride. :)
Nice! Congrats, man!

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
The official Ormsby Guitars facebook page shared a video I made with a review/demo of my GTR. So cool!!!

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Getting a new tattoo in the next couple of weeks as an early birthday present to myself, and about to Skype with a girl I have a thing for that also has a thing for me. Life is good. :)

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
In the last year and a half I've gone from being in a long distance relationship between countries, living with my parents and working in a dead-end job to getting married, moving to a new country and starting a very successful (so far) career in a leading, global IT marketing company.

On top of that I've managed to see several of my favourite bands in that time, including Opeth, Periphery, Sikth, Fall of Troy, Enter Shikari, Rings of Saturn, Norma Jean, Deftones, Between The Buried and Me, Haken and Machine Head. For all of these, and more, I've been joined by my lovely wife who is now sitting next to me playing the new Destiny expansion. Oh, and I played my first gig in about 18 months this week and got a lot of great feedback, even made new friends who could become new band members in the near future.

There's a lot of .... going down in our lives in terms of our families and my wife's career path that causes a lot of anxiety (on top of both of us suffering from massive anxiety already) but despite that I'm just so happy about the situation I've managed to create for myself, especially since I can honestly say I'm here because of my own hard work.

In short, focusing on the positives, not giving in to limiting beliefs, actually being able to be with my wife (long distance sucks) and finally having a career where I can make a genuine impact, use a lot of the skills I've gathered over the years and actually feeling valued there makes me happy.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Bringin' this one back

Decided I'm most likely going to sell my road-bike to fund my excursion back into the realm of playing paintball. I had to quit when I was a teen because when you work at 15 - 21, it's part-time and that guarantees retail; and retail means weekends, no two ways about it.

Plus it would cost me like, an entire days worth of work just to play and at that point you need all the money you can get. So I hung up my gear and committed to my bills, but now I have weekends free, money isn't a huge hang-up, so it's guns blazing come spring.

')