Why are you happy right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
So I tried to go to my local GC to trade 2 of my guitars towards a JPXI that they had...but they didn't wanna look at my guitars even though its the annual "trade in event" so they lost my business and I bought a JP12-7 for less than the JPXI my local store had.

And I'm getting cash offers on the guitars I was going to give them now as well. So I win :D

A-Branger

Reaction score
soooo I might have a NBD tomorrow!!!! :D :D

I have been eyeballing an Ibanez BTB33 for a loooong time, since they were released and my local store had one. Every time I go to buy strings I pick it up and test it out and a few times I have A/B against others. Which made me take into consideration the SR Premium line this year with the new colors/woods. Like "I should save bit more for it?"

but either way I never really had the money so meh.....

couple of months ago I saw on a online shop in another city a second hand BTB33 one at 879$ including a hard case(aud$ prices here), when new these bases are around 1500$ new.... So I was like YES!.... so my choice between the BTB and the SR was getting easier. And since these basses arent that popular I know I could wait to get the money

soooo.... I finally got some money yay... I even were talking trough email with the store asking about the bass and return policy blah blah, just about to pull the trigger when I log into facebook and my local "sell and buy gear" group just posted a BTB33 with case at 500$!!!!!! talk about timing lol, also theres a good chance it might be the one I used to play around in the store from ages ago.... he told me he bought it from there but 18 month ago, so not sure

either way score!!!.... the grain is not as pretty as the one in the online store, but its 380$ cheaper, so I could use that money for other stuff like getting a new surfboard lol

So Im going to check it out tomorrow to see it in person with the money on my pocket ready to take it home if its in good condition, which it looks like

yay!

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I just absolutely destroyed a midterm for multivariable calculus. Finished with plenty of time to spare, best I've ever felt about a test. Got drunk af in celebration. Overall a good Tuesday

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Was handed some new drum tracks to play with yesterday- it's like Christmas for nerdy sound people.

One of our bands (Fumigation) is doing a split CD with a band from Montreal, and the drum tracking for it was done last weekend. Topon from F*ck the Facts handled the drum tracking, then it gets handed to me to finish the project the DIY way (mostly cause we don't have the budget to hire someone for the whole process :lol:). It's always exciting to work on real drums tracked properly though.

Picked up a proper reamp box just for this project, since I'll be almost entirely in charge of guitar tones this time. It also means I'll possibly get to borrow the other guitarists Roadster for a short while in order to try to capture his sound, and I really like the sound of that thing. Real drums + roadster + my Mark IV = hopefully massive sounding tunes this time around.

:hbang:

MrYakob

Reaction score
I finally finished my first guitar build yesterday! It's far from perfect but it's in tune and makes noise so that's more than I was expecting on my first go :lol:

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Just enjoying a relaxing morning with some coffee and metal blasting, and looking forward to heading over to my mom's later on to enjoy what will surely be an epic Thanksgiving dinner with my family. :) Happy Thanksgiving SS.O! :metal:

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Just enjoying a relaxing morning with some coffee and metal blasting, and looking forward to heading over to my mom's later on to enjoy what will surely be an epic Thanksgiving dinner with my family. :) Happy Thanksgiving SS.O! :metal:

I'm really missing all of that right now but even with the loss of my parents and grandparents, it was cool this morning when I got a call from my sister who I haven't talked to in almost a year. We'll probably drift apart again at some point but for now just hearing her voice made this day a whole lot better. Plus this is the first time in 7 years that I've been off work on Thanksgiving so that's pretty cool. Friday's gonna be a mess lol but no need to stress over it for now.

Hope that y'all have a nice day today... No doubt that we all have some great things to feel thankful for.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I'm really missing all of that right now but even with the loss of my parents and grandparents, it was cool this morning when I got a call from my sister who I haven't talked to in almost a year. We'll probably drift apart again at some point but for now just hearing her voice made this day a whole lot better. Plus this is the first time in 7 years that I've been off work on Thanksgiving so that's pretty cool. Friday's gonna be a mess lol but no need to stress over it for now.

Hope that y'all have a nice day today... No doubt that we all have some great things to feel thankful for.

I'm glad to hear you got to talk to your sister today, and I hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving, man. Enjoy your day off as well...sounds like a good time to get your riff on! :hbang:

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear you got to talk to your sister today, and I hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving, man. Enjoy your day off as well...sounds like a good time to get your riff on! :hbang:

Thanks, man. Definitely a good time to riff it up! Plus I grabbed a new SG yesterday so time to show her some love! Peace, all.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Continue keeping your fingers crossed, knocking on wood, praying, or just sending good vibes his way, but it seems like my cat is pulling out of whatever he was sick with...his swelling has gone way down, he seems to have a bit more energy, and he's a lot more talkative today than he's been the past week, meowing at me, nudging my hand, and purring up a storm...Nermal might make it! Thanks for all the good vibes, guys, I'm sure it had to have helped somehow. :)

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
I just got back from Sweden. Great country, great people and brought some snus with me to home. :D

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Long story short:

I got laid off from my job.

I took an application into another establishment, and while I was there I ended up getting an interview.

I got a call a couple hours later and now I have a new job!!

I was unemployed and employed again in the same 9 hours lmao

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Browsed through some Spotify's own playlists to find a song I heard on the radio once. Found the song but also found a ton of cool new songs/bands to listen to. :agreed:

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Got new strings on my baritone Telecaster, and I'm currently basking in that awesome new-string sound. :lol:

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
Just did a nice hike in the mountains and the snow today, and i was wearing shorts. Take that, society!

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I just put my really really old Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum (PCI, with a 5.25" front panel) sound card into my work PC, and wow, the difference compared to the integrated sound card is out of this world! I had totally forgotten how much difference a separate sound card can make. So much more OOMPH in my music :)

The downside is that I forgot that the front panel needs a separate power cable and ended up messed around with it for a fairly long time :lol: before connecting my headphones at the back. But yeah, I'll just connect it later on and that's that.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Got promoted into a supervisory role today. That whole college thing ended up paying off.

')