Why are you happy right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
Got my tickets, visa's almost done, leaving for thailand in a couple of weeks for two months :yesway:

Have fun, mang! I'll be there in 2 months also, my partner and i are leaving for India in 3 weeks, and then making our way through Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam as well, also changing cities when I get back, exciting times :hbang:

Sumsar

Reaction score
Totally forgot this one yesterday:

I brought tickets for Mayhem playing De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas in full :D

m107a1

Reaction score
hcar_by_m107a1-daxsdgj.jpg

I'm happy because I think exactly this Huracan Avio will be my next car! Next year...after some sucker puts 500mi on it and takes a $75000 depreciation hit!

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I'm just happy to be enjoying a chill day at home, relaxing and jammin' the new fiddle...sometimes, ya just gotta appreciate life for what it is in the moment, even if nothing big is going on. :)

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
I'm happy right now because I learned in class yesterday that there are no moral absolutes, so now I don't have to care about trying to be nice anymore ^.^

IGC

Reaction score
Happy to be home on the couch chilling, tablet in hand and TV on watching naked gun. I don't have to do anything till Monday morning when I get up and go to work. Maybe I'll clean the kitchen sink and dog poop in the yard but not much more.

Grand Rabbit

Reaction score
Watchin' anime, gots werk tomorrah, but recently started a new writing process with my band where things are looking like we'll finally start to get organized and have the capability to make the music as complex as we want to.

MrBouleDeBowling

Reaction score
Today, I have reached the mark of 3 months without a single drop of alcohol, which was my goal.

4 months now! I still don't know if I'm going to drink again sometimes or if I'm quitting forever, but ohhh boy, was it a great desicion to stop for a while. I have never slept better. Reaching 6 months would be nice.

DoomJazz

Classic Lojack
Reaction score
I'm coming back to guitar from a few years off and I feel like I'm reconnecting with a part of myself that I lost. I'm excited to reconnect with the community and share music. NGD to be posted whenever she's ready to be picked up from the shop from her setup :).

ALSO

4 months now! I still don't know if I'm going to drink again sometimes or if I'm quitting forever, but ohhh boy, was it a great desicion to stop for a while. I have never slept better. Reaching 6 months would be nice.

I'm edge, and while I've lightly considered breaking a few times, stuff like this keeps me edge and makes me feel good about it. Keep kicking ass, dude!!!

Sumsar

Reaction score
Just brought tickets for Devin Townsend, Between The Buried and Me and Leprous for sunday evening.
Though they are the opening band I am actually most stoked for Leprous :lol:

Also if various dealers and shipping companies get their sh!t together I will be received both a Jackson DK7M and a Broderick pro 7 next week.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I just got a new gaming monitor in my room so I can have my laptop's screen and an extended desktop! :D And it looks great on my desk, so I'm super stoked.

I also got a free Arduino UNO today, which is really nice. :)

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Went to a bar last night and sat in a table with complete strangers. One chick next to me was talking about Elder Scrolls games with someone else, so I picked up a guitar and started playing the Skyrim theme song. She went nuts and asked me to keep playing it over and over again. Didn't get to take her home but it's about time this "guitarists get all the ladies"-magic is finally starting to work. :lol:

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
guitarists get all the ladies

Too bad this magic doesn't work for bassists. :lol:

Actually, just met this one lady who seems legit interested in learning some guitar, and has claimed to understand the level of patience required. We'll see soon enough if this was legit, or just random small talk, I guess. Might be a way for me to learn if I'm any good at teaching.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Went to a bar last night and sat in a table with complete strangers. One chick next to me was talking about Elder Scrolls games with someone else, so I picked up a guitar and started playing the Skyrim theme song. She went nuts and asked me to keep playing it over and over again. Didn't get to take her home but it's about time this "guitarists get all the ladies"-magic is finally starting to work. :lol:

TBH It was probably the Skyrim thing that did it, haha.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
TBH It was probably the Skyrim thing that did it, haha.

For sure, I think I actually played some guitar before that but it wasn't until the Skyrim theme that she got interested. :lol:

More awesome bar stories...

Went to the same bar again last night. Sat down with the same guys than last time (except for the Skyrim girl). There was also a guy I hadn't seen before so he introduced himself and I found out that he plays in a band and they're seeking for a guitarist atm. So, today we chatted on Facebook for almost the whole day and looks like for the first time in my life I'm getting into a real band. And to make it even more awesome is that they play exactly kind of music that I like to write and play. And they also use 7-string guitars. I really hope that this leads to something. :D

')