Why are you happy right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

broj15

Reaction score
After not being in a band/not playing with other musicians for almost 4 months I finally had my first practice with a new band tonight. Strangely enough it already consisted of 2/4 of my old band plus the drummer of another local act that we were super good friends and played tons of shows with. It's also the first band I've played bass in since highschool. I'm actually really proud of myself cuz I was able to learn all the bass parts and write a few of my own in one 2 hour practice. It's good thing I did to cuz our first show is next Saturday and it's gonna be a big one. We'll be the local support for Portrayal Of Guilt from texas (blackened hardcore), who just had the repress of thier debut EP put out by DEATHWISH INC! And Stye who are one of the best powerviolence/grind bands in the Midwest right now. It's also super fun cuz it's a style of music I've never played in a band before (ffo: drive like jehu, fugazi, shellac, Sonic youth, etc).

Tl;Dr: I'm finally playing music again with some of the best musicians I know, whom I also dearly care about, and I couldn't be more excited. I forgot how much I loved this stuff.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
McDonald's wont make me a cheeseburger in the morning?

Fine. I'll have a steak & cheese mcmuffin (which is a quarter-pounder patty with onions if you didn't know), add ketchup, mustard, pickles.

Looks like I'm the winner.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
My union just voted, "yes," (75%) on our new contract.

Which happens to make me a full time employee. I've technically been, "temporary, part-time, Casual," for the past year and a half.

It's not like I wasn't getting 40+ (regularly 50+ and 60 wasn't unheard of) hours a week already, but the stable schedule and accruing vacation time, and paying into the pension, are quite nice.

Small raise (up 2% across 4 years) is nice too, but not nearly as nice as having a set schedule from week to week. And being able to say what overtime I'm willing to work instead of being called all fucking hours of every fucking day/night. Although a supervisor did call me, during the union meeting to ratify the new contract, for an AM shift tomorrow (would have had to be up at 3:40) after working a shift today-this evening and then staying late to bail them out when another driving needed to leave early.

Dayn

Reaction score
It's music-related, but I'm particularly happy right now because I co-opted Rob Scallon's Fmaj9 open tuning, by simply tuning it half a step down to Emaj9.

It's forcing me to think way outside my comfort zone, but most importantly, it's made me be creative in a major key. I've always wanted to write a lot of happy (yet still heavy) music, but always tended to revert to a minor key. Something about standard made major sound so saccharine, but open Emaj9 is so vibrant. I think it has something to do with the 1-3-5 cluster on the bottom and the 9-5-7 cluster on top. The open tunings I used in the past tended to flip that, having a power chord on the bottom, so it's sounding quite airy now. This is really exciting and I can't wait to write something awesome for it.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Decided to cut my days off from 2 down to 1.....just really feel the need to work and get bored as hell on my 2nd day off.

Kind of lame as far as being creative with guitar and other music, but haven't felt that creative lately anyway and trying to force it isn't working. Might as well take the $ instead of sitting around typing on guitar forums.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
I misread “days” as “legs.”

The system I settled on is basically this: I only fart around on guitar forums while on the company clock - I’m simply not allowed to visit ss.org unless I’m being paid to. I’ve also incorporated diarrhea, liquor, and masturbation into this approach, with varying success.

Daeniel

7string n00b!
Reaction score
Got a rad new apartment, with a room reserved for fun - guitars, comics, books... and in the near future hopefully a cool beamer :D amazing!

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I only fart around on guitar forums while on the company clock
I've legit gotten feedback at work saying I spend too much time on this site (and one or two others). I ended up setting up a proxy that blocks a bunch of stuff, including this site, during the peak hours of the day as an attempt to boost productivity. Sadly, it does kinda work.

naw38

Reaction score
Going camping with my girlfriend over the weekend! I've been stuck in the city for the last what, four or five years and have barely seen the stars let alone a fern or a waterfall, so I am ridiculously pumped for this. Also no kids to disturb us for at least 24 hours is a massive fucking bonus.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Almost a month after getting my LTD Viper 200b baritone, I still love it every bit as much as the day I got it...just sitting here jamming some riffs, and it sounds and plays so good, I had to get on here and post about it. :lol:

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Managed to work out not only how to route Getgood Drums into Reaper but also managed to program a basic straight 8 that didn't sound like crap. Over the moon haha.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Received the best blowjob ever in the sauna yesterday. Having your dick sucked + a couple of glasses of wine + sauna at ~80°C is pretty much the most relaxing thing I can imagine :lol:
Better hope she didn't drink any of the wine and decides to accuse you of misconduct in a few years... :lol:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Almost a month after getting my LTD Viper 200b baritone, I still love it every bit as much as the day I got it...just sitting here jamming some riffs, and it sounds and plays so good, I had to get on here and post about it. :lol:
Hopefully you're playing some Sabbath riffs. Otherwise, what the hell, dude?

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Hopefully you're playing some Sabbath riffs. Otherwise, what the hell, dude?
I did jam on "Paranoid" and "Iron Man" when I first got it, because what else are you gonna do when you get an SG-shaped guitar? Gotta bless that thing with some Iommi riffs, stat! Purists might cringe, but the main riff from "Iron Man" down an octave sounds pretty sweet...yay baritones! :banana:

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Apparently, I have spent enough money at my local cigar shop (Village Cigar is fucking awesome for anyone in the Ontario area looking to get into it) that after my most recent purchase, the owner asked me to stay around and then took my friend and I upstairs to the special secret inside smoking area club. That was pretty cool.

#WhenYou'reACommunistButAlsoBourgieAsFuck

')