Why are you happy right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ohmanthisiscool

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
1 hour left of work then I'm home playing GTAV, just downloaded it last night so I'm new to it hahaha. also looking forward to the new Portal album and when the new SC-608b Red Sparkle drops.

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
I'm going to see the new Star Wars today. By the sounds of it, after I see it I'll be posting in the "Why are you mad right now?" thread. :lol:

TVasquez96

Reaction score
After a bunch of terrible shit that's been going on in my family pretty much this entire year, we're finally at a place where we can all be in the same room and enjoy each other's company peacefully. We're celebrating Christmas at my sister's place today and I can't be any more excited. The only downside is that every year without fail someone in my family is sick around Christmas time. Last year it was me and this year it's my brother. It's a bit of a family curse, but oh well :shrug:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
After a bunch of terrible shit that's been going on in my family pretty much this entire year, we're finally at a place where we can all be in the same room and enjoy each other's company peacefully. We're celebrating Christmas at my sister's place today and I can't be any more excited. The only downside is that every year without fail someone in my family is sick around Christmas time. Last year it was me and this year it's my brother. It's a bit of a family curse, but oh well :shrug:
And a week later, the entire family is sick. :lol:

Anyways, have fun.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
My drummer and I are auditioning another guitarist which is awesome!

I also got a new phone, which I definitely needed. Upgraded to a Galaxy Note 5... big upgrade from my LG G Vista 2!

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Price drop of $100 on a holy grail item I have been eyeing for awhile now... boom goes the dynamite!

hafler-triple-giant-designed-by-bogner-xl.jpg

inaudio

Hack Fraud
Reaction score
I changed my master's program from mathematics to computer science a few months back. I still stay up all night doing course work but now it's because I'm so damn excited to do it and not because I'm trying to beat deadlines while fighting off a nervous breakdown. Needless to say I'm a happy camper!

DistinguishedPapyrus

Reaction score
I've finally completed my second full marathon. I could have finished about 10 minutes faster but I started developing a real sharp pain in the arch of my foot around mile 17, dropped my pace and started lagging off my target. The pain was from the pressure of an ankle wrap, which turns out I didn't really need after all, it was just a precaution. Funny enough it caused the inside of my big toe to go numb for 2 or 3 days, feeling eventually went back to normal though. Regardless I'm happy with it and I know what I could've done differently to shave off time, here's to hoping for a PR next time. Gonna take it easy for a few weeks, get back into it casually, then start actually training during May to try to do another marathon in November.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
It's my birthday. :) Also, I feel like my mood at work in general has been better than usual in the last while. And I'm pretty proud of the last few recordings I did. And some other nice things. It's just been generally decent for the last while.

stevexc

Reaction score
Mortgage application has been accepted after a few issues. Got searches to complete and a few other bits and then hopefully will be completing the sale on a house.
In the same boat here! Didn't get approved for quite as much as we wanted, but enough for the homes we were looking at.

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
In the same boat here! Didn't get approved for quite as much as we wanted, but enough for the homes we were looking at.

Ouch man, but that's good to hear that you're still able to look at the homes you wanted. We nearly fell to that as well due to the way my other half gets paid.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Just finished a week of doing two software projects simultaneously which were both about two weeks behind schedule - now both are on schedule, one pretty much going to the customer after a couple of small tweaks and the other ready for the customer to present to their customers, with no real deadline to finish the rest of the development. Having worked every day pretty much from 9-17 + 22-03 this week, I can't even begin to explain how relieved I am that it's over :lol:

Metropolis

Reaction score
My girlfriend got offered an apartment by her workplace, and we went to look at it. It has got three rooms instead of two we have now, and it was in pretty good condition considering it's age. So, we decided to move there in bit over a month, and I'm getting a home studio/nerding out man cave room, which I've been dreaming about for couple of years now. Because I really need my own space to be creative and in peace sometimes. Oh, and rent is a lot cheaper :fawk:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
My girlfriend got offered an apartment by her workplace, and we went to look at it. It has got three rooms instead of two we have now, and it was in pretty good condition considering it's age. So, we decided to move there in bit over a month, and I'm getting a home studio/nerding out man cave room, which I've been dreaming about for couple of years now. Because I really need my own space to be creative and in peace sometimes. Oh, and rent is a lot cheaper :fawk:
What about playing though? Is that going to be an issue with neighbors, or...?

Metropolis

Reaction score
What about playing though? Is that going to be an issue with neighbors, or...?

It's a flat, so it may be, but I'll see then if neighbours are complaining :D But that room is quite isolated from everything else. I assume you can raise volume there more than in smaller places though. It's really a matter of acoustics and isolation, it didn't seem so bad at first visit there. I've really seen worse, for example our current apartment where voices carry through every possible air ventilation and walls.

Zender

Tinkering, please hold.
Reaction score
Rooted a few more nix boxes, w00t.
Maybe I should start with OSCP sooner than I expected.

')