Why are you happy right now?

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
My girlfriend got offered an apartment by her workplace, and we went to look at it. It has got three rooms instead of two we have now, and it was in pretty good condition considering it's age. So, we decided to move there in bit over a month, and I'm getting a home studio/nerding out man cave room, which I've been dreaming about for couple of years now. Because I really need my own space to be creative and in peace sometimes. Oh, and rent is a lot cheaper :fawk:

Sounds awesome :) In terms of playing without disturbing the neighbors - I've never had problems with that even when living in small apartments, as long as you use headphones if you need to play late in the evening or during the night :) If your neighbors can't stand hearing electric guitar strings ringing unplugged, then I'd say GTFO :lol:

I'm getting the keys for my own house the day after tomorrow. I'm gonna have a little mancave in the basement which I'm planning on soundproofing and moving my bands practicing place there, so then I can play any instrument whenever I want. I'm mostly looking forward to being able to play the drums + I'll also have my proper guitar rig and all guitars at home. Here's what the basement looks like, the mancave will be the room that just says "Huone" in the bottom right corner:

uc

The room that say "Työtila" is working space, the small rooms that say "Kell." are storage cabinets, "Var" is a little firewood storage room, "Varaaja" is the hot water reserving tank, "ÖS" is the oil tank, "KH" is where the oil burner is, "Pukuh." is a dressing room and "Kylpyh." is the bathroom. And Sauna is a sauna, surprise surprise :lol:
I'm thinking about changing the room layout a little at some point so I'll have a separate monitoring/computer room so it'll be like a little studio, I don't quite know how yet though. Maybe I'll extend into the room that says "Työtila", the other way isn't really possible because moving the sauna would be a pain in the ass...
And yeah, I'm going all Wintersun, as my sauna is right next to the practice pad :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TVasquez96

Reaction score
I'm just generally happy I guess. I recently started eating better and working out again and the little victories (like better breathing and losing a little weight here and there) have me super excited. I haven't had a depressive episode or panic attack in a bit over 2 weeks and I'm super stoked on it.

DistinguishedPapyrus

Reaction score
I found an old stack of like 40 CD’s that had been in a closet since I was in college... loaded them on my computer into iTunes and then onto my phone. Totally boosted my music collection with some tunes I hadn’t heard in a while. Got some ear buds in and jamming to it now...

On a side note, lately I have been going back to collecting music in CD form. I started realizing that digital downloads, though they can be helpful sometimes in finding rarer songs, just do not have the same sound quality as CD’s. Especially in areas of a song where multiple sounds are happening all at the same time, the cymbal crashes and other higher pitch sounds would be really digital sounding compared to the CD versions.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been collecting CDs since I was about 12 years old but goddamn it's been a minute since I've actually listened to one through a CD player. I always just rip them to my PC and pop them onto my phone when I get them, but I'm looking to get a vinyl/CD player combo to remedy this.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Finally got the keys to our new house last week, and I'm kinda simultaneously happy and pissed off about it right now :lol: It's really cool not to have to worry about what the landlord thinks anymore, but on the other hand it's a shitload of work to paint basically all the walls and most of the floors in the house... We're not changing much, but the current paint is just so worn, it's gotta be re-painted. There's also like 10 000 holes in the walls that need to filled, so that takes time. But it's all for our own benefit, so I'm more happy than pissed off.
The best part of the house so far is definitely the sauna, which we tested the other day - it only took like 15min and a few small pieces of firewood to get really hot. And it's pretty damned cold outside now (I think it was -13°C yesterday), so I'm sure it'll be even faster once the weather settles a little. Usually it takes an hour or even more to get a sauna hot, so you'd have to reserve a few hours to go there, which is why we've usually just used it once a week or even less. But now I can see myself heating up the sauna every night before going to bed :)

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I started realizing that digital downloads, though they can be helpful sometimes in finding rarer songs, just do not have the same sound quality as CD’s. Especially in areas of a song where multiple sounds are happening all at the same time, the cymbal crashes and other higher pitch sounds would be really digital sounding compared to the CD versions.

I've noticed it depends a lot on what album you're listening to. I collect CD's but I generally listen to Spotify anyway, and depending on the album the difference ranges pretty much 0-100. For example Alestorm sounds pretty much the same to me whether it's on CD or digital, but then the latest Moonsorrow album is a completely different story - it's actually hard to separate what each instrument is doing on some parts on the Spotify version whereas the CD is completely clear throughout.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I got myself into my first real job that I can see myself staying at and making a respectable career out of about 4 months ago.
It's been going great, and the other day I was randomly informed that I'm being given a raise because I've been doing so many things so well and have been a great fit.
This is coming off the heels of finally buying my first house in July.
Most importantly, to celebrate, I bought myself an AxeFX II at a great price due to the III hype, which has been a 'stretch goal' of mine for the last....8 years or so now. Should be arriving Friday / Monday.

Things are lookin' up, bros.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Sterling by Music Man JP157 and a set of Fishman Fluence Modern 7’s to put in it are on their way :fever:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
On the inverse of my “Why are you made” post, SBMM JP157 arrived, Fishman Fluence 7s are waiting at the shop :fever: Will post NGD when the two become one.

Ebony

Signal purist
Reaction score
Pan fried halibut from the Barents Sea with full-fat sour cream and onions fried in halibut fat. You guys don't know what you're missing!

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I found a badass splawn nitro profile for my kemper and it's fucking amazing for 80s inspired metal riffs, especially when combined with my destroyer.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Have re-ignited the GAS of two team members at work who are also guitarists. It works out that at least one of us is buying something cool every week, it's gear central at the moment :D

')