Why are you happy right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
I'm proud that I'm a member of a community that will give someone shit for thinking it's cool to skip out on free education. The 80's are over, hang up your leather jacket, ungrease your hair, and get back in the classroom. :lol:

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
Dude, there's plenty of time to write songs and practice guitar, with an education you'll have options, and probably money to buy gear with. The old "quitting school to make music" will probably not work at all, it was hard to do that 20 years ago, and now it's almost impossible.

sahaal

Reaction score
good night last night, took a couple girls to Wiz Khalifa with buddy, the dudes frisking us said we were the only guys in there with cowboy boots on lol, and needless to say Wiz wasn't the best part of those girls' night!

Murmel

Reaction score
for fucks sake is 1 day really that big of a deal?
If you read everything it's obvious that this isn't his first time and that he won't have a problem doing it again.

And I honestly think skipping 1 day without a legit reason is a big deal.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
I'm finished with uni for the year (and probably forever.)

I do graphic design both as my own business, and as a student, but my workload has become both sizeable stable enough for me to feel comfortable in living off of the income. I also feel very comfortable with my work and understanding of design from a technical standpoint.

I decided that the remaining time I had at university, learning skills that won't all necessarily aide me in my career, would be better spent going full time in what's been a great side-job to have. I'd never had any plan or desire to work in a firm, or anywhere that would recuire a bachelor's in communication design, and most jobs I had considered, required a course in web design anyway. Plus the rest of the course would probably put me in debt about as much money as I'll earn over the same period with the business (all being well, that is.)

Now I get to quit my job, move to a better area in the city in a bigger place with friends, work full time at my passion for musicians who really care about the work they're trusting me with, and my parents and friends approve of the decision to strive for growing my business.

Life's just good. :agreed:

Reaction score
If you read everything it's obvious that this isn't his first time and that he won't have a problem doing it again.

And I honestly think skipping 1 day without a legit reason is a big deal.

i really dont see what the big deal is, not everyone enjoys school dude, i know i don't and if i didn't have to go i probably wouldn't. it just doesn't offer anything to some people.

the Laiho argument is retarded though, he just got super lucky.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score

It is if you take it too seriously. Like Murmel said, not everyone who doesn't go to high school automatically become as famous as Laiho but in Laiho's case I don't think there was even that much luck involved. He just had the time to practise to become "the best guitarist in the world". I do agree to some degree that it is important to be educated but it just isn't everyone's thing and even though I might regret it later I'm willing to take the risk to make my living with music instead of spending years on staying in school to get some decent paying white-collar job I don't like at all.

/debate closed(?) This is getting off-topic as shit.

Murmel

Reaction score
i really dont see what the big deal is, not everyone enjoys school dude, i know i don't and if i didn't have to go i probably wouldn't. it just doesn't offer anything to some people.

Fine if you don't wanna go to uni/college/whatever. But not going to high school is probably the most retarded choice you will make in your life.
I can't say I'm fond of school either, except for my friends and my music classes it's pretty shit tbh. But it still offers me something and will open doors that I wouldn't have otherwise.

Unless you're SERIOUSLY lucky, there are almost no chances of getting a remotely decent paying job without high school unless you learn a trade. And if you'd rather become a welder or whatever, that's completely fine by me, they're a needed part of society :yesway:

Edit: Saying it doesn't offer anything to some people is just wrong, how does common education not offer something to people?

Don Vito

Reaction score
Yeah, because everyone who doesn't go to school turns out like Alexi Laiho. Good luck making a living out of metal.

Staying at home drinking instead of going to school? I see a bright future ahead.
Petri Lindroos made a living out of being Alexi Laiho:lol:

Reaction score
Fine if you don't wanna go to uni/college/whatever. But not going to high school is probably the most retarded choice you will make in your life.
I can't say I'm fond of school either, except for my friends and my music classes it's pretty shit tbh. But it still offers me something and will open doors that I wouldn't have otherwise.

Unless you're SERIOUSLY lucky, there are almost no chances of getting a remotely decent paying job without high school unless you learn a trade. And if you'd rather become a welder or whatever, that's completely fine by me, they're a needed part of society :yesway:

Edit: Saying it doesn't offer anything to some people is just wrong, how does common education not offer something to people?
i mean i doesn't offer anything career wise.

education always has something to offer and i do believe that its important for people to go but if schools not your "thing" then i don't think you should be forced to go.

my dad hardly went to highschool and when he did he didn't get good grades simply because he just didnt get the material that was being taught to him. its the same way i am, im so bad at math, english and science its a miracle that iv made it to my senior year. i don"t feel that the material being taught to me is going to be of any use to me in the future.

median

Reaction score
I'm happy because I have my health, good family, good friends, tons of musical gear, a recording studio, a reliable car, and lots of freedom - and I recognize that so many people in undeveloped countries (and elsewhere) do NOT have many of these things.

The fact that I get to play and record music for a living is something that makes me very happy (and appreciative). I won't take it for granted.

Murmel

Reaction score
i mean i doesn't offer anything career wise.

Yes it does, without high school you won't be able to get into most higher educations that can offer you a career. Without high school you don't have many real career choices at all.

I'm also extremely shitty at science and math, I have an F in both of them.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Yes it does, without high school you won't be able to get into most higher educations that can offer you a career. Without high school you don't have many real career choices at all.

I'm also extremely shitty at science and math, I have an F in both of them.

Dude. What it is off from you if some of us don't educate ourselves us much as you? Why you're so mad? Are you on period or something? :squint:

Edit: Back on green again. Please, be gentle on the neg-rep. I hate red. :D

')