Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
In a single day: My daughter goes in for heart surgery. My g'friends
aunt's funeral takes place then my g'friends cousin commits suicide!

I have no words!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demiurge

Reaction score
I thought I was clever, incorporating a patch bay into my rack & pedal board setup, supposedly making it easy to mix-around signal paths for my guitars, bass, and synths...

Ground loop city. Happy hunting this weekend, I guess.

Action

Reaction score
I came to post what I was angry about... I may have to just shut up, pray for some of you, and reevaluate what I let frustrate me.

That said, here's the trivial crap that's bothering me right now :(

I'm mad because either I managed to break or damage every instrument cable I own, or the input jacks on my amp are loose. I found out in the excellent and embarrassing way of going to show off the amp to someone i wanted to impress...

I'm mad because I see a lot of people lately who aren't interested in trying to answer questions, solve problems, or contribute, but instead just to discourage others. It's supposedly an extended range forum, a place for boundary pushers, but so many of us sit around telling people all the things they can't do, all the bad things about our hardware, all the reasons not to tune outside of the normal range, all the reasons why it sounds bad. I thought this was supposed to be a font of ideas and suggestions how to tune outside the normal range and make it sound good, how to utilize the equipment that people own to its fullest, encouragement of people to do something that's rarely been done or rarely been done well.

necronoid

Reaction score
The output jack nut of my shecter hell's gate is constantly unscrewing. I should change the output chinese jack for something better...

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
Every time I find a deal for a bandsaw on Craigslist, someone snipes me!

A few months ago I found a 14" bandsaw with a 6" riser block. It belonged to an elderly man who hadn't used it in years, and it worked fine but the heir just wanted to sell the stuff off. It was $250, we had an agreement, but then when the dude got home from work he found out that his wife had already sold it.

Yesterday I find a 14" JET bandsaw with the 6" riser block, on casters, with a brand new Kreg fence for it... $350. I had dinner plans right after work, but I told him I definitely wanted it and would be by afterward to pay him. Get a text during dinner that someone else showed up and bought it.

*le sigh*

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Picking up a chest bug.

Losing bouts I have no business losing because le stupid.

Surface Pro 4 decided to brick last night, what the kittening kitten

Reaction score
My arm is as good as useless right now and might potentially be for a few months. Although after the pissed part wore off I felt depressed. I was just about to buy a new guitar too. Took the day off tomorrow so I'm just sitting back and listening to some blues.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
A group of activists is trying to shut down our next show because they're mad at the venue for previously not cancelling an entirely unrelated show that had a singer they decided was racist because of something he said on twitter or some stupid thing like that.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I sold one of my guitars to Guitar Center give my buddy a loan so he can pay his rent for the month...

I miss the guitar, but I am more mad that I am doing a lot for a lot of people and getting nothing in return. I have also helped this guy move about 3 times, given him gifts, did yard work for him and loaned him tools for free. It is not just him, but others as well.

And what does Church get? Not much, well I do take some liquor when I am at his place. But I wish some one would go out of the way to thank man and do something special for me. Not to be selfish, but I want to feel like people are grateful and appreciate me as a friend.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Has someone ever pissed you off so badly that you just won't ever feel complete or be able to be at peace with yourself until you just beat the ever loving crap out of them?

That's where I'm at with my cousin's boyfriend after he drunkenly came at me blaming me for my aunt's death and calling me a murderer, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Bad enough I lost the woman that gave me a great starting point to make something of myself, but to have some drunken addict douchebag say some really messed up stuff like that to me now has me to the point where even the mention of his name makes my blood run cold and I have to spend the next 15+ minutes punching a pillow or something to calm down.

And the worst part is that I become even more angry at myself for letting this dip.... get to me like that. But I swear, one of these days I'm not gonna be in a position where I have to be nice to him and he's going to have a very bad day that day. :evil:

')