Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
This is not an issue circulating around censorship enacted by the mods or site owner though. (The censorship should be addressed at some point though.) This is Kiesel whining to Alex or throwing money at Alex to delete a thread because Kiesel is trying to save face. Before the thread was deleted, the Kiesel/Carvin ads that you see on the home page of this site were not present and had not been present for awhile. After the thread was deleted, the ads were coincidentally back again on the home page. So Kiesel had contacted Alex, and Kiesel had thrown money at Alex. (They can pass it off under the guise of "sponsorship" or whatever, but this was money to keep things quiet.)

Again, read my comment right above yours. This has been done over and over to try to make Kiesel look like this glittering gold company that receives nothing but positive feedback. Lucas Mann of Rings of Saturn did the same thing when the band first came out: he would sit for hours upon hours on end and delete every single negative comment on the band's Facebook or YouTube so that it looked like there was nothing but positive support for the band.

Sweeping things under the rug is just adding on to the dishonest, shady business practice. That is what is grinding people's gears.

You're stretching a tad. The Kiesel ads have been there consistently for me for the past few months. Your over abundance of weirdness regarding this whole issue is way more annoying than the thought that I may have a flawed guitar coming in from them, long overdue. Hell, it's all speculation at this point. For all we know, Alex took it upon himself to remove it. The fact that you're imagining disappearing ads should just show everyone that they should take whatever you say with a grain of salt.

Warg Master

Weeping strings...
Reaction score
Well, ...., I just placed a kiesel edition order... Maybe it will get better attention do to it being "Kiesel Edition"

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Señor Voorhees;4552898 said:
You're stretching a tad. The Kiesel ads have been there consistently for me for the past few months. Your over abundance of weirdness regarding this whole issue is way more annoying than the thought that I may have a flawed guitar coming in from them, long overdue. Hell, it's all speculation at this point. For all we know, Alex took it upon himself to remove it. The fact that you're imagining disappearing ads should just show everyone that they should take whatever you say with a grain of salt.
Mate, the ads were GONE before the thread was removed. I noticed it before any of this happened. I knew that I should've screenshotted the home page before and after. Out of the hundreds of members on here, surely someone else noticed that the Kiesel/Carvin ads were missing for a bit, unless everyone has become desensitized to them and just never sees/notices them - including noticing when they are gone. All I'm saying is it is a shady situation and you are trying to discredit me because you like the company (and/or possibly have a connection to the shady individual within the company).

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
I'm more annoyed than mad really, but it would be nice for the person who bought a guitar I sold on Reverb to leave feedback, especially when I did for them. It takes all of 20 seconds. I shipped (insured, double-boxed and packed by UPS) the next day after payment was cleared by Reverb, it was delivered within a week of their order, and there was definitely nothing wrong with the guitar. I don't sell that often on there, so every bit of rep helps.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
Señor Voorhees;4552898 said:
For all we know, Alex took it upon himself to remove it. The fact that you're imagining disappearing ads should just show everyone that they should take whatever you say with a grain of salt.

Salt detected.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I'm more annoyed than mad really, but it would be nice for the person who bought a guitar I sold on Reverb to leave feedback, especially when I did for them. It takes all of 20 seconds. I shipped (insured, double-boxed and packed by UPS) the next day after payment was cleared by Reverb, it was delivered within a week of their order, and there was definitely nothing wrong with the guitar. I don't sell that often on there, so every bit of rep helps.

Probably just forgot, mate. Your post just reminded me that I owed somebody feedback from a deal a couple weeks ago, it's a pretty easy thing to forget (for me, anyway).

Even if they forgot to leave it, your packing efforts are always appreciated :metal:

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
My back hurts so bad I can't take a full breath. My uvula is swollen, and it either blocks my trachea or gets in the way of my esophagus when I swallow.

Fvck me sideways..

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Went into the local electronics store today to pick up some basic headphones (the marshall over ear ones) and was almost instantly disappointed when I walked out the store and the cable starting glitching. Hate this kind of ..... Taking them back tomorrow for a refund.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Had a guy try to rip me off for audio work awhile back by attempting to take my money and run. I ended up getting my money back thanks to PayPal, but always been on bad terms with the guy since then. Now he is making up a massive story of complete bullsh*t against me by using a screenshot from 2014 (that he has been saving) taken completely out of context and adding his own little sick twist to slander me and make me look like a bad person. (Disagree with someone, hurl accusations at them, trial by social media platform, and ruin their name or sometimes career if they are potentially famous). That's the formula that people like him tend to follow. And of course, I can't defend myself because I can't access his post.

Anyone have any advice on how to deal with this?

Reaction score
Had a guy try to rip me off for audio work awhile back by attempting to take my money and run. I ended up getting my money back thanks to PayPal, but always been on bad terms with the guy since then. Now he is making up a massive story of complete bullsh*t against me by using a screenshot from 2014 (that he has been saving) taken completely out of context and adding his own little sick twist to slander me and make me look like a bad person. (Disagree with someone, hurl accusations at them, trial by social media platform, and ruin their name or sometimes career if they are potentially famous). That's the formula that people like him tend to follow. And of course, I can't defend myself because I can't access his post.

Tie him up and break his legs.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score

Generally speaking in these types of situations you have 4 options:

1.) Swallow some pride and try to communicate your side of things in a calm and rational manner... trying to get to a point that although you both may still ultimately disagree, you are able to put this behind you and appeal to each others sense of compassion/ humanity. I don't necessarily see that as being a very likely option from what you have described. as this has boiled over into a rather ugly situation.

2.) Play his game and fight fire with fire ( if you have any "ammunition" to be able to utilize). This is seldom productive as it only winds up painting you in the same light as what others likely perceive his character to be. In the end it makes you look the same as him.. malicious, unscrupulous, etc. These types of situations will typically leave onlookers evaluating the situation with no true conviction as to who is really right or wrong since it all just becomes a vindictive-looking cluster-f**k of "he said/ she said" bickering. There generally are no real "winners" when you sink to that level and in the end, others won't care to make a judgement.

3.) Utilize whatever legal means that you reserve in order to quell his diarrhea of the mouth. This is usually much more in-depth and uncertain than most people are prepared to undertake... depending on the circumstances. I have no idea if you retain any aspect of legal recourse but in most of these kinds of scenarios you don't have much indisputable proof of innocence/ victimization. It's a tough and sometimes feasibly daunting road to take unless there is some 3rd party that will act on your behalf to protect your rights. Depends on the specifics but mediation and subsequent resolve is unlikely unless he has truly violated some agreement or terms of contract. The abundance of social media oriented disputes has made it extremely difficult to successfully defend yourself against these kinds of people/ allegations.

4.) Let it go. That is imho the best route to go in a situation like this. You may have to just suck it up and refrain from validating his seemingly incessant need to undermine your character. Honestly... it's what I would do. Just move on and allow him to say whatever he's going to say. You can only fight with someone so much before your integrity begins to appear questionable to others.

Best of luck.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
4.) Let it go[...]just suck it up and refrain from validating his seemingly incessant need to undermine your character. Just move on and allow him to say whatever he's going to say. You can only fight with someone so much before your integrity begins to appear questionable to others.

Wisdom.

The most valuable thing I've learned about all the sh*tstirrers on the internet (and off, I guess) is that they feed off of your attention. Most of the time not even attention in general, specifically, your attention. Not giving it to him is the biggest blow you can deal. Lends some credit to your situation as well, from my pov and others that share it. If this guy comes out of left field slinging fire left and right and you don't even see it as important enough to warrant a response, most of the time I'd assume it's someone out to further their own agenda by stepping on others.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Generally speaking in these types of situations you have 4 options:

Thanks for the advice, HPD. I'll post a brief response to each.

1.) Swallow some pride and try to communicate your side of things in a calm and rational manner... trying to get to a point that although you both may still ultimately disagree, you are able to put this behind you and appeal to each others sense of compassion/ humanity. I don't necessarily see that as being a very likely option from what you have described. as this has boiled over into a rather ugly situation.
This individual has no compassion/humanity. He is a pissed off man living in his mommy and daddy's basement (actual fact - I'm not just saying that). Also, when was the last time that logic and evidence quelled an angry online mob? Never? At this point, presenting my side of things would do no good because I can't access his post, but also the people that he is whipping into an animalistic frenzy won't listen to logic. (I'm sure you know how those self-proclaimed "online social justice" types act. They just want to feel better about themselves by having someone to point the finger at.)

2.) Play his game and fight fire with fire ( if you have any "ammunition" to be able to utilize). This is seldom productive as it only winds up painting you in the same light as what others likely perceive his character to be. In the end it makes you look the same as him.. malicious, unscrupulous, etc. These types of situations will typically leave onlookers evaluating the situation with no true conviction as to who is really right or wrong since it all just becomes a vindictive-looking cluster-f**k of "he said/ she said" bickering. There generally are no real "winners" when you sink to that level and in the end, others won't care to make a judgement.
I mean, I have proof that he tried to rip me off, and I have proof that this person is a bonafide racist. But that's about it. And like I said above, presenting anything back probably wouldn't do any good or help me achieve my goal of discrediting him.

3.) Utilize whatever legal means that you reserve in order to quell his diarrhea of the mouth. This is usually much more in-depth and uncertain than most people are prepared to undertake... depending on the circumstances. I have no idea if you retain any aspect of legal recourse but in most of these kinds of scenarios you don't have much indisputable proof of innocence/ victimization. It's a tough and sometimes feasibly daunting road to take unless there is some 3rd party that will act on your behalf to protect your rights. Depends on the specifics but mediation and subsequent resolve is unlikely unless he has truly violated some agreement or terms of contract. The abundance of social media oriented disputes has made it extremely difficult to successfully defend yourself against these kinds of people/ allegations.
So true. And in a case like this, legal recourse is too much of a hassle and too much of a cost.

4.) Let it go. That is imho the best route to go in a situation like this. You may have to just suck it up and refrain from validating his seemingly incessant need to undermine your character. Honestly... it's what I would do. Just move on and allow him to say whatever he's going to say. You can only fight with someone so much before your integrity begins to appear questionable to others.
I agree. However, this is my reputation that is at stake because of this questionable portrayal he is giving of me by twisting things and outright lying to continue the whole "attention" thing.

The most valuable thing I've learned about all the sh*tstirrers on the internet (and off, I guess) is that they feed off of your attention. Most of the time not even attention in general, specifically, your attention. Not giving it to him is the biggest blow you can deal. Lends some credit to your situation as well, from my pov and others that share it. If this guy comes out of left field slinging fire left and right and you don't even see it as important enough to warrant a response, most of the time I'd assume it's someone out to further their own agenda by stepping on others.
I initially asked him to remove his slander. He disagreed, of course, and then proceeded to tell me to "f*ck off". But other than that, I haven't given it any attention. He seems to by thriving off the attention that others are still giving the post. I guess it makes him feel good about himself? Like he accomplished something?

Tie him up and break his legs.
:rofl: Naw, he'd probably scream "hatecrime" or "racism" if that happened. You know how those super pseudo-activist online racism bounty hunter types are. They project their own inner racism onto the world around them, and then cry racism at everything and anything.

Warg Master

Weeping strings...
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, HPD. I'll post a brief response to each.

This individual has no compassion/humanity. He is a pissed off man living in his mommy and daddy's basement (actual fact - I'm not just saying that). Also, when was the last time that logic and evidence quelled an angry online mob? Never? At this point, presenting my side of things would do no good because I can't access his post, but also the people that he is whipping into an animalistic frenzy won't listen to logic. (I'm sure you know how those self-proclaimed "online social justice" types act. They just want to feel better about themselves by having someone to point the finger at.)

I mean, I have proof that he tried to rip me off, and I have proof that this person is a bonafide racist. But that's about it. And like I said above, presenting anything back probably wouldn't do any good or help me achieve my goal of discrediting him.

So true. And in a case like this, legal recourse is too much of a hassle and too much of a cost.

I agree. However, this is my reputation that is at stake because of this questionable portrayal he is giving of me by twisting things and outright lying to continue the whole "attention" thing.

I initially asked him to remove his slander. He disagreed, of course, and then proceeded to tell me to "f*ck off". But other than that, I haven't given it any attention. He seems to by thriving off the attention that others are still giving the post. I guess it makes him feel good about himself? Like he accomplished something?

:rofl: Naw, he'd probably scream "hatecrime" or "racism" if that happened. You know how those super pseudo-activist online racism bounty hunter types are. They project their own inner racism onto the world around them, and then cry racism at everything and anything.

I have a saying... and then there were people.

People ....ing suck. I don't understand why people do this to others. Sorry man, no answers just commiseration.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I have a saying... and then there were people.
:yesway:

People ....ing suck. I don't understand why people do this to others. Sorry man, no answers just commiseration.
What he is doing is like the male equivalent of a woman crying false allegations of rape just because she doesn't like someone. (Uhhh....minus the prison sentence. Don't get me wrong here. He is just harming my reputation and potentially my sources of income.)

Some people just want to be able to feel like they have power over others. They want to make other people suffer just because they don't like those people.

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
....ing dick-faced cock gobblers at work keep stealing or throwing out my creamer and milk from the refrigerator in the break room. Large bottle of heavy whipping cream? Gone. Small bottle of milk? Gone.

Why is it so hard to understand that if you didn't buy it, you shouldn't touch it?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
....ing dick-faced cock gobblers at work keep stealing or throwing out my creamer and milk from the refrigerator in the break room. Large bottle of heavy whipping cream? Gone. Small bottle of milk? Gone.

Why is it so hard to understand that if you didn't buy it, you shouldn't touch it?

Tomorrow, place one bottle of half milk and half piss in the refrigerator. If anyone steals it and drinks it, or attempts to drink it, I doubt they will offend again. :evil:

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Over three days later and this dude is still railing against me online. Like bro....don't you have anything to do with your life? Job? School? Real-life social interaction? ANYTHING? LOL. :lol: At this point, it's just pathetic; although it still does irk me a bit.

Latest posts

')