Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Arkeion

Reaction score
:scratch:

wtf?

Depending on the parking lot it can make it infinitely easier to get back out of the spot, or be easier to park defensively. I get the rage if they're doing really terrible jobs of it, but, wtf?

parking spots at my office are slanted \ \ \ \ \ \. parking lot is a 1 way loop. person goes the wrong way through the loop so they can pull past their spot, then reverse into the spot. problem is when they back into their \ \ spot, they back into it like its a | | spot. so when i back out, i usually come infinitely close to ripping mirrors/fenders off

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
In the last year, I've had a lot of hard times trying to figure out why I bother paying for anything called express, priority, or any other form of "faster" shipping. :scratch:

As someone who works in the shipping industry (won't say much more than that) I can tell you, the number of steps a package goes through getting from point A to point B is the very manifestation of Murphy's Law. Frankly, I don't know how we get it right as often as we do.

Arkeion

Reaction score
As someone who works in the shipping industry (won't say much more than that) I can tell you, the number of steps a package goes through getting from point A to point B is the very manifestation of Murphy's Law. Frankly, I don't know how we get it right as often as we do.

CEO of FedEx spotted.

Warg Master

Weeping strings...
Reaction score
parking spots at my office are slanted \ \ \ \ \ \. parking lot is a 1 way loop. person goes the wrong way through the loop so they can pull past their spot, then reverse into the spot. problem is when they back into their \ \ spot, they back into it like its a | | spot. so when i back out, i usually come infinitely close to ripping mirrors/fenders off

Most humans should not be allowed to drive cars.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
CEO of FedEx spotted.

fred_smith_fedex2.jpg

Yeah, I can see this guy frequenting this forum...

Reaction score
Paypal just decided to delay a transaction of mine for some stupid reason and it just screwed up a deal I had for some motorcycle gear.

img-2.gif

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
Paypal just decided to delay a transaction of mine for some stupid reason and it just screwed up a deal I had for some motorcycle gear.

img-2.gif

I might go ahead and post in the Why Are You Happy Right Now? thread and say "I just remembered how awesome Harlan Ellison is."

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
$65 for me to go to the Generation Axe tour date here in my city.

Ehhh...think I'll pass. Something tells me that I'll be kicking myself for missing this once-in-a-lifetime show though.

It's gonna be my first live show in a couple years. Wouldn't have spent the money myself, but my dad came out of nowhere and told me he had tickets and asked if I wanted to go.

Perhaps the wrong thread for me to mention that, though.

flint757

Reaction score
I ordered some headlights and after a week of slow email communication and not being shipped they just cancelled my order without even asking me first. Had I known I would have ordered them elsewhere. I'd already have them by now had I done so and likely save a little money in the process as well. I left them a negative review they won't soon forget.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I put an order in for a BKP Painkiller through the Axe Palace in early January. Kept up an email exchange, asking what the status on my order was late Feb / early March, since we were starting to go over the estimated delivery date. They said they'd look into it and email me back with an update, never got it.

End of March. Still no pickup. Still no update. Called the phone number, said I just want to cancel my order and want a refund. They say "Yeah that's odd, all of those orders went out late Febuary, no problem, I'll push that through today." They felt bad, offered me a huge discount for the next time I bought anything there, the whole deal. Refund never came.

Called AGAIN one week later. Said there's still no refund. Apparently I caught them during lunch, said that they thought that went through and was taken care of, and that they'd call me back in like a half hour and handle it later that day.

It has now been another week. Guess what? No call. Still no refund.
I'm going to have to call again, but I'm getting real fed up with this. I know Nick's a good guy and the Axe Palace is a small operation, but christ this is really pushing my buttons. I have to refund people all the time, it isn't a long or complicated operation by any stretch.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Fedex.

probably enough said, My PRS is now god knows where until I can track it down tomorrow after work :wallbash:

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I am after a Fender Baritone Telecaster at the moment in hopes of using it as a mod project. (These axes have been discontinued for well over a year or more.) Found one on Craigslist. The guy is asking $650 for it. Now, the full price of what a new one went for was $500 online before they were discontinued. (Keep in mind, these are not hard to find and they pop up fairly often for sale.) So I contact him asking if he is willing to negotiate on price, and he says: "oh, and I have $50 in a professional setup, so I need that in order to break even". So he tacks on $50 bringing the price up to $700. That much for a cheap, Mexican Tele that went for $500 well over a year or more ago and sells or $300-$450 used. How is that "breaking even"?

Some major crackheads come out on Craigslist. Do people not understand the law of depreciation and how resale works? If you drive a new car off the lot, you absolutely are not getting the 100% new value back, and no one is going to pay extra for the oil changes or repairs or bullsh*t that have been done to the car. Same thing with guitars. Absolute idiot.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
When a company is all about CS, emails, friendly exchanges, UNTIL you pay them and then it's f*ckin tweaker time. None of this should take this long.

Get someone on email that knows what they're doing, please and thanks. None of what I ordered is complicated, and if you'd have just answered the email you sent me in a timely manner I'd have what I ordered by now. I get that you're busy, I do. But 3 minute email times until you get my $, and then it goes to days on end? I'm all about supporting small American businesses, but I'm about to cancel and buy used, which is apparently what I should have done in the first place.

Dickheads.

Reaction score
My ear's been clogged since last friday and my doc just recommended some hydrogen peroxide and it's doing .... all. I have a new found respect for people that have to deal with actual hearing loss, because even just having it slightly muffled is a massive pain in the ass.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
My ear's been clogged since last friday and my doc just recommended some hydrogen peroxide and it's doing .... all. I have a new found respect for people that have to deal with actual hearing loss, because even just having it slightly muffled is a massive pain in the ass.
Ear cleaner kit from a drug store or Walmart. Cheap and will do the job. You just have to leave the stuff in your ear for awhile. I was looking into stuff like this when I had an ear infection back in January.

')