Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

A-Branger

Reaction score
I'll just sum up my thoughts rather than adding more blah-blah...

You're right and you're awesome. Thanks, dude... sincerely. :yesway:

Also... We've talked in depth about all of this. She could read all of what I've posted on here. She keeps no secrets from me ( 1st time that I've experienced that) and so I will not do her any differently... aside from that Cave Sluts "documentary" that I watched the other night!

Oh... and EDIT> Does .10 mm/ .004 sound good for the 12th fret gap? Killing 2 birds with one stone here lol.

haha thanks bro. And great you two are pretty open and trust each others and dont keep any secrets. Thats a pretty rare thing to find, my last GF was like that, one of the things I miss about her. I could never find a situation where she would be jealous or didnt trust me

as for the guitar the ibanez settup guide pdf http://www.ibanez.com/world/manual/guitars/Maintenance.pdf says a 1.5mm gap on the treble side and 2.0mm on the bass side lol

from a FB tread on the Ormsby page
We set these guitars up with ultra low action. 1.25mm treble, and 1.6mm bass side. These are our MINIMUM standards.
The high end manufacturers, with their premium models (customshop Fender, PRS, etc) use 1.5mm and 1.8mm

If your settup works for you and doesnt gives you any fret buzz then you are fine with any kind of low action that pleases you. Im not a builder or pro at setup either, I just have some general knowledge of reading here and there. You can ask bit more about taht on the luthiery section ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noxon

Is a Lurker
Reaction score
Just make sure to keep the holes clean as follow-up regiment... above anything else. Dry-socket sucks and is painful. The wisdom-tooth extraction not so much. Mine were a breeze and that's been forever ago. All 4 at the same time and it was completely pain-free since I was doped and KO'd. Little sore and weird-feeling afterwards but not bad at all. Oh... AND they let me keep 'em cause I'm sick and strange like that I guess.

Best of luck!

Good luck!

Mine was super painful afterwards, but that's really atypical and probably had a lot to due with my crazy tolerance to painkillers that I have for some reason.

Even still, the worst part was just not being able to eat for a week.
Smoothies are your friend. Nothing is more metal than eating smoothies for a week.

Right?

Thanks, guys! I have had teeth pulled before, so I knew what to expect. Doesn't make the process any more fun though. :lol: The worst part for me is the no smoking or eating for a few days. It's driving me nuts. :wallbash: I didn't eat the day before because of the pain I was in, didn't eat the day of, and can't eat until tomorrow. I've never wanted a burrito so bad in my life. :lol: At least there is the Vicodin...

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
haha thanks bro. And great you two are pretty open and trust each others and dont keep any secrets. Thats a pretty rare thing to find, my last GF was like that, one of the things I miss about her. I could never find a situation where she would be jealous or didnt trust me

as for the guitar the ibanez settup guide pdf http://www.ibanez.com/world/manual/guitars/Maintenance.pdf says a 1.5mm gap on the treble side and 2.0mm on the bass side lol

from a FB tread on the Ormsby page

If your settup works for you and doesnt gives you any fret buzz then you are fine with any kind of low action that pleases you. Im not a builder or pro at setup either, I just have some general knowledge of reading here and there. You can ask bit more about taht on the luthiery section ;)

Sincerely appreciate the info. I don't have that much of a gap but she's done. She's back to playing/ sounding flawlessly. I was [embarrassingly] quite nervous to do anything to her because aside from the B/E fret buzz, she was such a joy to play. Like a lot of "set-up noobs" I didn't want to make things worse. But with the guidance of SSO, I was not only able to get her set-up perfectly, but was also more importantly able to understand what was happening and why. Some of you guys are really awesome.... just sayin'.

Related to the relationship thing... I've been on the receiving end of some very painful deception throughout past relationships and it just makes for such an awful experience when you simply cannot trust someone. She has always been open with me from day one, and I know that no matter the things that I sometimes don't want to share, that she deserves to know. Having that bond/ understanding/ respect from the get-go is vital [I believe] in developing and maintaining an enduring foundation. Once that foundation is damaged, it takes so much to repair it... and that's assuming that no more deception occurs. Sadly, after a good deal of deception... even if both parties sincerely try to be transparent and honest with one another, that nagging doubt/ suspicion can be quite hard to manage. Staying honest is really the only way to be... at least from my experience. If they are honest with you then they deserve the same.

Sorry for wasting space here off-topic.

Mad... Not so much mad but very aggravated that my vacation time as well as my fiance's, is winding down and because of the constant rain, we haven't been able to go camping. She SO wanted us to go, but it's just been one round of torrential rain after another. All good I guess... just wish we could get away for a couple days before we're both back at work... sigh.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Keepin it vague like I always do: It frustrates me how the smallest/subtlest things drastically affect my mood and mindframe. I allow others way too much power to influence my day. I'm not even mad because anyone made me feel mad, quite the opposite- I'm mad that it took another persons subtle influence to brighten my day, when I should have been content to begin with.

Does that make a lot of sense? Nope, but then a lot of things don't make sense lately. :lol:

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I have had teeth pulled before, so I knew what to expect. Doesn't make the process any more fun though. :lol: The worst part for me is the no smoking or eating for a few days. It's driving me nuts. :wallbash: I didn't eat the day before because of the pain I was in, didn't eat the day of, and can't eat until tomorrow. I've never wanted a burrito so bad in my life. :lol: At least there is the Vicodin...

Haha, oh man, I remember wanting burritos too.
Burritos and sub sandwiches were literally all I could think of that whole week.

A-Branger

Reaction score
just mad at myself for letting go a good chance to meet a beautiful girl.

You know when they say you will meet someone when you less expected?? yup that ust hapen and I ruined lol

went for a surf to a nice point break close to home. So the perfect scenario for NOT meeting a girl, since the girls-boys ratio in the watter always is like 1-40 lol. Plus I always been one of those who just wants to go relax and get my waves, I dont like to chat to anyone, even when I go with friends I tend to go quiet.

so I already had like couple of hours there Im at the very front waiting for the big wave to come. Finally one came and surfed all the way down across the large point. On my paddle way back I notice a new girl a reaaally pretty one, and she looks at me and smile (brain goes into overload) and she starts to talk to me saying how cool that wave blah blah (brain still overload "trying" to figure it out if she was actually talking to me), so I kinda say thanks talk aquick bit while paddling and come back to my waiting point away from her LOL. During that session I end up again close to her she talked to me a bit again and acknowledge me, but my brain still at overload. And during other moment she paddle next to me to wait for waves too, (brain just shut down to the overlad by that point), so she eventually went away.

So basically my 32 yr old brain saw the pretty girl smiling and went "hey did you remember when you couldnt talk to girls when you were 15?..no?... well let me remind you"

stupid me

so yeah that thing of a girl would come when you less expecting its totally true, but what they dont tell you is because you are not expecting to happen, you would never be ready when it does

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Working next to people that come into work smelling like they just got off work. Seriously... Phuckwads... Shower and deodorize. You smell like an anchovy's kunt.

marcwormjim

Reaction score

I understand from first-hand experience, and respect the reasoning behind the gimmick they're going for with this YouTube advert - But this is retarded. The poor guy claims up-front that the tone he's about to share is the "most sought-after", then claims to have recreated the sound of a "'68 Marshall" with a few pedals, then lives up to it by laying down a pentatonic turd. I hope this was someone else's brainstorm; because he was unprepared.

I'm bothered by the countless "Sound JUST like Eric Johnson by playing/buying this!" videos put up by people with zero insight into either his signal chain or phrasing, just so they can score a cheap view. But for a commercial business to do it even more half-assedly makes me want to spit.

That said, I hope the store does a series of "lousy guitar impersonations with an air of desperation, on a budget."

Reaction score

I understand from first-hand experience, and respect the reasoning behind the gimmick they're going for with this YouTube advert - But this is retarded. The poor guy claims up-front that the tone he's about to share is the "most sought-after", then claims to have recreated the sound of a "'68 Marshall" with a few pedals, then lives up to it by laying down a pentatonic turd. I hope this was someone else's brainstorm; because he was unprepared.

I'm bothered by the countless "Sound JUST like Eric Johnson by playing/buying this!" videos put up by people with zero insight into either his signal chain or phrasing, just so they can score a cheap view. But for a commercial business to do it even more half-assedly makes me want to spit.

That said, I hope the store does a series of "lousy guitar impersonations with an air of desperation, on a budget."

I don't think his playing was that bad, but that tone sounded like something you could get out of a $100 peavey vypyr.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
My city is Number 1 in the USA for opiate abuse. No surprise considering the heavy trafficking that is ongoing on a daily basis. Only knew that it was a matter of time.

Just a few more months and I'll be out of this rathole. :noplease:

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Woke up to find a dead cockroach in my apartment. Was gonna do fun stuff today but I guess I'll just scrub everything until my arms fall off instead.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Turned out it wasn't dead, just mostly dead. I'm hoping it was somebody else's poison or it was dying of dehydration. Research determined it to be an oriental roach which come in from outside for water. This explains why after I cleaned all day, there was a bigger one in my bathtub when I went to brush my teeth before bed. That one died of being sprayed in the face with Raid.

I almost broke down the bathroom door when the shower curtain brushed my leg this morning. This better be it, I swear...

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
I went on a little weekend trip with my dad to go see some races up in Vegas (I really don't care for racing, but my dad's a huge fan). He's been sick the past few weeks, and after about a half hour riding together in the car he has a coughing fit. I ask if he's on the mend and he tells me he has bronchitis. Just started taking antibiotics within the past 24 hours. :wallbash: Now I'm achey and my throat is getting scratchy. Thanks, dad. I can't afford to get sick because all my PTO is allocated for a trip to Ireland next month. Q.Q

On top of that, I stayed in the shade ALL DAY yesterday and STILL managed to get a sunburn on my arms and the back of my neck.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I went on a little weekend trip with my dad to go see some races up in Vegas (I really don't care for racing, but my dad's a huge fan). He's been sick the past few weeks, and after about a half hour riding together in the car he has a coughing fit. I ask if he's on the mend and he tells me he has bronchitis. Just started taking antibiotics within the past 24 hours. :wallbash: Now I'm achey and my throat is getting scratchy. Thanks, dad. I can't afford to get sick because all my PTO is allocated for a trip to Ireland next month. Q.Q

On top of that, I stayed in the shade ALL DAY yesterday and STILL managed to get a sunburn on my arms and the back of my neck.

Sick days are separate from PTO, yeah?
If you're starting antibiotics early you wont have it very long if you do come down, I bet.

Still. Sucks, man. I hate getting sick.

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
Bought something off of eBay. Guy sends me a message "hey man, when I got to the post office I noticed there was a small crack in the plastic" (a visual defect but nothing functional), offered me a 20% refund and to still send the item. So I said yes. DHL estimates a 3-day delivery, it's now been 7. A couple days ago he promised me a tracking number, still no word. Another email went unanswered...

Stuff better show up soon and the guy better answer soon or I'm just going to get my money back and he can go screw himself.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Sick days are separate from PTO, yeah?
If you're starting antibiotics early you wont have it very long if you do come down, I bet.

Still. Sucks, man. I hate getting sick.

Some company's combine personal days in the same pool as sick pay, and thus it's all under the umbrella of "PTO." Doesn't matter what you're using it for, be it pleasure or pain, if you're not there then you're not there.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Not really mad as of yet, but getting there. This has just been one of those days...everything that could go wrong with work has, I sold a pickup set to an SSO member that lives in Canada and for some reason USPS no longer offers tracking (dude was cool with it but I'm not), daughter's truck blew a gasket which is adding to the "damn I've put a ton of $ into this truck this year already" category and so on.

ATM I'm just sitting here like "REALLY?!" but the rage is coming, I can tell.

13la13la

Amateur Idiot
Contributor
Reaction score
People changing plans the last minute, making all the prep work you did for the weekend a complete waste of time... Some people.. some people.

')