Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UnattendedGolfcart

SSO's Fat Mac
Reaction score
I'm in two bands, one is for a rock band class at college and the other is just my own metal band. My metal band has our first and probably only show on Saturday, we're only playing for 15 minutes because that's all the material we could get together over a semester (sigh), and nearly every time we try to practice for the last two weeks something goes wrong and we postpone. Like today we were supposed to practice at like 7 after our drummer's landlord came to inspect the house, he was supposed to be there at 5 or 6, it's 8 now and he's just getting there. We can't practice because my drummer has to be ready to discuss stuff with his landlord. We practiced yesterday and we sound fine, it's just not going to be as good as I want it to be.

I also had my rock cover class band practice today, we have our final show on Monday. We're playing a 40 minute set and honestly I'm really excited about that. I timed our set and it came out to roughly 37/38 minutes which is good. We're sounding good. But damn, one of our band members is just a freaking grumpy ass all the time. He plays drums for the first half of our set and rhythm guitar for the second half (I'm sole guitar/lead guitar) and he just always seems annoyed. On drums he's fine, on guitar he's like the least competent in our band. He'll like skip playing parts because he doesn't know them. Normally we practice Thursdays at 4:30-5:30 but he booked us extra time until 6:30 and then today he left at 5:30 even though he knew we had extra practice time, he said he had other work to do even though this is a very pressing matter since we weren't really ready for our show.

I know we're gonna do great at our show now, but I would be in a band with every other band member in this group except for him. Grumpy dude who plays sloppy and doesn't practice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flint757

Reaction score
Blistering sunburn all around my neck at the collar. And I still have more outdoor work to do and the heat is unbearable on the sunburn. When will I learn that whitey's need sunblock. :wallbash:

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Maybe not mad so much as mildly frustrated, but I'm not a fan of how I've been unable to sleep in if I want to lately. Every day, weekends included, I'm up at 6:30, just happens automatically. I don't want to be up that early. I dunno if it's the season or something, sunlight coming in, whatever. Lame.

Taylor

Formerly... someone
Reaction score
My "shredder" preorder pack for the new Fallujah album is delayed into next month. :wallbash:

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Not really mad as of yet, but getting there. This has just been one of those days...everything that could go wrong with work has, I sold a pickup set to an SSO member that lives in Canada and for some reason USPS no longer offers tracking (dude was cool with it but I'm not)

Wait...USPS doesn't offer *any* tracking to Canada anymore? That...is a new, and bloody stupid, development.

MrBouleDeBowling

Reaction score
Long story short, I live temporarily with my grand parents since my ex dumped me and kicked me out. I loved them dearly. I'll never be thankull enough to them for providing me a place to stay untill I save enough money and get a new appartment.

But, my grandfather is a complete pain in the ass when it comes to talk about my car. He constantly gives me crap about it to the point of harassment. From the very moment I wake up in the morning and go in the kitchen to make me a coffee, he gets on my ass about what I don't fix on my car. Every single day. That's all he talks about. I'm no mechanic. He also can't stop saying I'm an idiot for not selling my gear and buy a brand new car. I'm not selling my gear. I worked my guts off to afford it.

And yeah, a week ago, my friend was going to help me fix my car for free, but my grandparents decided to take it to the mechanic without asking me. I owe them 800 bucks and they are mad at me. I'm already dead broke. I work 2 jobs.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
More of an annoyance, really, but I have this friend who knows next to nothing about tone or the value of musical gear and he asks my input and doesn't listen to me. He wanted to a buy a $200 Jackson because he thought he was getting a good deal on a name brand guitar and didn't think twice about the fact that it was cheaply made with crap hardware. Then when I told him he's phucking up, he said "I don't know man, it's 200 bucks for a Jackson" and I said "that's right, you don't know, so take it from someone who does"

He plans to stay playing for the long haul and I feel if that's the case, then he should have somewhat decent gear from the get go. A low budget Jackson isn't going to cut it.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
Maybe you should go check out the guitar with him, or ask him what style he wants, seeing as you seem to know it all, offer him better alternatives?

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Maybe you should go check out the guitar with him, or ask him what style he wants, seeing as you seem to know it all, offer him better alternatives?

I have. He's still sold on the fact that a 200 dollar Jackson is better than the Schecter Custom Solo 6 I showed him. When that level of stupidity is present, there's really not much I can do.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Wait...USPS doesn't offer *any* tracking to Canada anymore? That...is a new, and bloody stupid, development.

No, apparently they do. The Customs form # is what I've always used and they told me that doesn't work anymore. Dude msg'd me to let me know it still works. I don't know why they'd go out of their way to tell me there was no tracking?!

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I have. He's still sold on the fact that a 200 dollar Jackson is better than the Schecter Custom Solo 6 I showed him. When that level of stupidity is present, there's really not much I can do.

To put it simply, you can't force taste, dude. I have buddies that prefer a $100 Squier strat to my PRS, and a cheap LTD M-10 to my Prestige ibby.

Honestly, if he's just starting out, a cheap guitar might not be a bad idea. I've seen a lot of people that pick it up to get hard into it, but find out it's really not for them and more or less stop playing. Starting out, I think it'd probably be much more important for him to have a guitar that he's stoked on than a guitar that's actually much, much better. However dumb that sounds.
People are whack.

That's actually hilarious because I had to "break into" my house thru a bedroom window just last week... lmao. No joke.

:lol:
I can't hear that phrase without Lit bombarding my eardrums, I couldn't pass it up haha.

Sumsar

Reaction score

Well if he thinks Jackson's the best then maybe point him in the direction of a better Jakcson?

And if he is sold on the guitar because he feels he don't wanna spend more than 200 bucks, then help him find the best guitar for 200 bucks.
A 200 bucks guitar can be a fine guitar, and I hear a lot of good stuff about jacksons J22 stuff. Sure its not going to sound fantastic and stay perfectly in tune, but there is nothing wrong with a beginners guitar for well .. a beginner.

A-Branger

Reaction score
Well if he thinks Jackson's the best then maybe point him in the direction of a better Jakcson?

And if he is sold on the guitar because he feels he don't wanna spend more than 200 bucks, then help him find the best guitar for 200 bucks.
A 200 bucks guitar can be a fine guitar, and I hear a lot of good stuff about jacksons J22 stuff. Sure its not going to sound fantastic and stay perfectly in tune, but there is nothing wrong with a beginners guitar for well .. a beginner.

I started with an LTD f-50 which was like 200$ at that time too. And for that price it played heaaaaaps better than any other cheap beginer guitar any of my friends had, that plus I wouldnt know any better at the time.

Its better for him to start playing with a cheap guitar and later down the track if he gets playing an improving then he can search for something better for his style of music or what he likes to play and the way he does. Better than spend 600$ or more for a guitar hes not gonna use after a year or is not gonna fit the style of music he likes latter on.

Just go with him a be sure that 200$ guitar is not a lemon

Sumsar

Reaction score
Yeah, my second guitar was a cheap used cheap ibanez rg370 but it played a lot better and suited my style alot better than my first which was a mexican fender which i brought from new for like 3 times that of the ibanez.

')