Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Regarding the $200 Jackson, it's probably most about starry-eyed name recognition and not realizing that nearly every brand has a low-end import line.

Kind of like how Guitar Center used to have radio ads stating "Gibson Les Pauls- just $179. That's right- a real Les Paul!" to elicit the "Gibson is a big name!" reaction. Of course, you find that the guitar advertised was the Epi Les Paul Special II; Epiphone is by Gibson and it is a Les Paul model so technically it wasn't misleading.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Regarding the $200 Jackson, it's probably most about starry-eyed name recognition and not realizing that nearly every brand has a low-end import line.

Kind of like how Guitar Center used to have radio ads stating "Gibson Les Pauls- just $179. That's right- a real Les Paul!" to elicit the "Gibson is a big name!" reaction. Of course, you find that the guitar advertised was the Epi Les Paul Special II; Epiphone is by Gibson and it is a Les Paul model so technically it wasn't misleading.

This is the point I'm trying to get across. He's under the belief that a 200 dollar Jackson is a relatively great instrument when he really knows next to nothing about electronics. I mean, he got excited about "Duncan Designed" pickups for God's sakes when I had to point out to him that they're not the Seymour Duncans he's thinking of. Oh and not only that... Yesterday, he went and bought new strings. Went from 9-42 to 11-52 for Standard tuning. I told him that it would be a little bit rough getting used to since he's starting out and that it would need a full setup. Nay-said both of my statements and then messages talking about how out of tune the guitar is, won't get in tune, and his fingers hurt. Well no schitt, bozo. He refutes my advice and then comes back complaining when something doesn't go his way.

Oh and to top this off... A Line 6 Spider IV half stack is the "dream rig" because it's a half stack. Not even joking.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
This is the point I'm trying to get across. He's under the belief that a 200 dollar Jackson is a relatively great instrument when he really knows next to nothing about electronics. I mean, he got excited about "Duncan Designed" pickups for God's sakes when I had to point out to him that they're not the Seymour Duncans he's thinking of. Oh and not only that... Yesterday, he went and bought new strings. Went from 9-42 to 11-52 for Standard tuning. I told him that it would be a little bit rough getting used to since he's starting out and that it would need a full setup. Nay-said both of my statements and then messages talking about how out of tune the guitar is, won't get in tune, and his fingers hurt. Well no schitt, bozo. He refutes my advice and then comes back complaining when something doesn't go his way.

Oh and to top this off... A Line 6 Spider IV half stack is the "dream rig" because it's a half stack. Not even joking.

Sounds like every new guitarist in the history of ever :lol:
I know it's irritating man, but I'm sure you were there yourself at some point.

Went through the same thing with a buddy of mine about a year ago. "Bro, just let me know when you want to go pick something out and I'll go with you, make sure you don't get robbed." Went out by himself a week later, bought a $60 used First Act from GuitarCenter that someone had put a Gibson logo on.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
I was there but not to the same extent. I was aware that there were good amps, bad amps, good guitars, bad guitars. Basically, I wasn't under the illusion that the starter gear I had was going to be the last thing I ever owned. I worked my way up until I finally got decent gear. Now I have a badass Epiphone Goldtop with Black Winters, an Ibanez I bought cheap but modded the hell out of (the body was mahogany and played well) a 6505+ with an Avatar 2x12 with Swamp Thang and Governor. I don't have a bad rig. Of course, I'm always on the lookout for another guitar, because you know... GAS.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score

Sounds like he has the ego thing down, now he just needs to learn how to shred and he'll fit right in as a lead guitarist. :lol:

Or hand him a bass since he's already clueless and doesn't know what he's doing.

*ba dum tsh*

A-Branger

Reaction score
MAD at the stupid dictionary/grammar correct/help thing of Mac computer while using Chrome

I cant tell you how many times I have to google a simple stupid word just so I can see the "why" its showing up with the red underline (bad spelled) as stupid Mac computer wont give me a right option for something stupid as missing ONE letter on the word

example: (and it just happened on this very post)

I wrote "speled" so ti shows as speled, right click to check for the correct option. It doesnt give me ANY just "add to dictionary" "look up for speled" ect ect. Then a F&*$ google of the word shows me the actualy word was spel"L"ed.... one L one F&*%^&* "L" and this dam computer cant identify that :wallbash:

never had that issue with the PC at the office. And English is my second language so go figure how many times I misspell something :realmad:

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I spent a decent chunk of change and my entire day today on finally getting a new TV, after putting it off for months.
After spending -LITERALLY- my ENTIRE day re-arranging the ENTIRE house to get all the furniture in the right place, I finally turn it on, and realize there is intense input lag. Like over 100ms. This f*cker is gunna have to go back and I'm going to have to undo ALL of that. So irritating.

Action

Reaction score
^ First check if the TV has a fast processing mode or Game mode that removes the lag. This is a vanilla thing these days

That said I can sympathize with forgetting to test things, or reorganizing a room only to find that the reason was pointless :gyahh:

A-Branger

Reaction score
why would you have to undo all the house arrangements? is not that you give up on a tv altogether?

or either you are going to get the tv fixed, a replacement for the same tv, or get a different one which would still be same size/shape

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
'Cause it was a display model that was like 40% off, not as easy to replace.
That delay was with 'Game mode' turned on, :lol:

So it's gunna look a bit odd around here for the next 2 weeks when my next paycheck gets here and I just order the Vizio I was looking at on Amazon, so like...3 weeks-ish.
Never impulse buy, kids.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Got a flat on the way home in the pissing rain. Luckily there was an under pass nearby. I'm gonna see if I can just patch the tire but if I can't then I'm gonna be waaaaay more pissed.

Pweaks

Reaction score
I bought a Rocktron Velocity 300 from Thomann. I got to play with it for about 10 minutes and then I started to see smoke coming out of the damn thing. I googled "velocity 300 overheating" and turns out that this is not a rare case of malfunction.

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
Accidently kicked over a guitar stand and now my 7620 has a dent in the back of the neck. I can't feel it when playing but it still pisses me off. As soon as I can afford one I'm switching to a rack style stand instead of the single FretRest stands. This was the last straw.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Accidently kicked over a guitar stand and now my 7620 has a dent in the back of the neck. I can't feel it when playing but it still pisses me off. As soon as I can afford one I'm switching to a rack style stand instead of the single FretRest stands. This was the last straw.

It doesn't stop. I did this with my rack stand a couple weeks ago, I foolishly left my RG8 plugged in, tripped over the cord walking to bed, yanked the RG8 backward, and it was like dominoes. Dented the absolute christ out of the back of my RG8, the top and back of my 7421, and the front of my PRS. Words could not describe how angry I was. :wallbash:

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
It doesn't stop. I did this with my rack stand a couple weeks ago, I foolishly left my RG8 plugged in, tripped over the cord walking to bed, yanked the RG8 backward, and it was like dominoes. Dented the absolute christ out of the back of my RG8, the top and back of my 7421, and the front of my PRS. Words could not describe how angry I was. :wallbash:

Oh man, I can't even imagine what I'd do if that happened to me. :eek:

I've got this bad boy to minimize my guitar footprint in the room to avoid this issue, and it makes it so that it is heavier/sturdier so that even if I did bump it they wouldn't likely go anywhere.

Hercules Stands GS526B Guitar Rack with 6 Piece Folding Yokes | Musician's Friend

I've got 2 guitars on the wall, specifically so they're safe from my giant clown shoes. However, I need at least 4 of them out at a given time (and my collection is always growing, damn GAS :lol:), so maybe this will be something to consider

')