Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
F*** the government.

I had to get a mandoratory SMOG check today. The check place looks like a damn crack house on the inside. Garbage, wrappers everywhere. Complete with Elvis memorabilia and a toddler in a crib.

Like for real, least professional place I've ever seen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Because it's not the weekend. Let me explain.

There's this guy at work whom I work right next to (he's about two feet away at all times because our machines are in close proximity) and he's annoying as hell. I'm not a big talker at work. I want to go in, do my 8-10 hours and get out. All he wants to do is talk and normally about crap I care nothing about. The few times he does, it's about Dark Souls. But his annoying voice and demeanor doesn't make hearing about Dark Souls worth it from him. He's 24 years old, makes Mario and Pokemon noises all night long so I usually have a splitting headache by the end of the night, and top it off, he wants to be my friend.

Thing is, I'm not a terribly social person in real life. I have like 4-5 friends outside family who visit me and my wife and I hang out with. Other than that, we just have our family. Dude is all the time talking about coming over and letting him play Dark Souls 3, complains he never has any money (buys a pack of cigarettes a day and spends his money on junk food) and I'm like "Dude, I just work with you. We're not friends, we're two totally different people" I like to think a lot when I'm at work. It passes the time, so when he talks to me, it breaks my concentration about what I'm thinking about and it pisses me off.

Seems like a decent guy, but I'm just not into the idea of having a lot of friends. I tend to keep my circle pretty tight knit because I feel like it reduces the possibility of drama and like I said, I'm not even all that social to begin with. The people outside my family whom I do keep in my life, we have damn near everything in common and honestly there's times where I just want it to be my wife and I in our house, watching movies or playing video games. Am I an a-hole for that?

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
There's this guy at work whom I work right next to (he's about two feet away at all times because our machines are in close proximity) and he's annoying as hell. I'm not a big talker at work. I want to go in, do my 8-10 hours and get out. All he wants to do is talk and normally about crap I care nothing about.

The realest talk to ever be talked.
People, people, PLEASE. If a coworker ever just ignores you, like flat out IGNORES you, it's because they do not want to talk to you, and you failed at picking up the numerous hints that they've dropped indicating that this is the case.

I'm the same way, dude. Three hours before my shift ends someone else gets here, and she irritates the sh*t out of me. Never shuts up, won't take a hint, is always standing over my shoulder, asking what I'm doing every 2 minutes, spends more time in the office than at her workstation, and is generally loud and obnoxious. It legitimately has the potential to ruin an entire day.
Worst of all, she's complained to management before and gotten part of her job added on to my job because apparently, her mornings are just too hard. Yeah, because you're too busy in THE OFFICE and not doing YOUR JOB. :wallbash:

Demiurge

Reaction score
Worst of all, she's complained to management before and gotten part of her job added on to my job because apparently, her mornings are just too hard. Yeah, because you're too busy in THE OFFICE and not doing YOUR JOB. :wallbash:

And what do all office chatterboxes have in common? 75% of the time they're complaining about how busy they are! It would signify a tragic lack of self-awareness if it didn't somehow work. :lol:

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
I fvcking hate the spring time. I have ever since I was a small child in grade school, sitting in the nurse's office, hiding my head and crying because of horrible sinus headaches. I'm one of those guys that's allergic to everything and doesn't sneeze unless it's ten times in a row, end with getting a headrush and needing to sit down for a moment.

I'm going on month 3 of a sustaining sinus headache. Already had a sinus infection no less than two weeks ago, but it feels like I have another one. I've been resorting to Korova edibles for both pain relief and attitude adjustment. My son and I are matching shots of mucinex every 4 hours...

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I'm nowhere close to that bad and I so feel you, dude. :(

Dumb questions, but should be asked anyway: have you tried any of the prescription allergy things before? I found going on a combination of Zyrtec (now OTC, wasn't then) and the nasal steroidal sprays made a huge difference with mine. Also, I know some people have their tonsils out for this .... (when I went back east, my doctor there was like "how the hell do you still have them with your allergies/sinus?"). So there's that, and doing what you can to at least control allergens inside.

You've probably gone through all that, though...

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
You know, I still have my tonsils and I've heard horror stories about chemical nasal sprays. I've not been prescribed any allergy meds. I found out today that there is apparently a shot you can get for allergies.. I think I'd like to try pills before I go that route. Picked up some Sudafed PE and it's working great. NeilMed sinus rinses are commonplace in my house.

No more cocaine for this rock and roll clown..

flint757

Reaction score
The shots are really effective IME. You go to an allergist and they test you for everything they can think of then give you a targeted cocktail of med's in a shot to limit the effects of exposure to those allergens. I personally don't like oral based allergy meds or nasal sprays. The nasal sprays dry my nose out too much and the pills effect my mood, and also dry me out.

A-Branger

Reaction score
aaaahhhhggggggg!!!! another job application rejected for a job that I know I can do with my eyes shut. but noooo aparently there is "other people with better background and relevant experience close to what we are looking for" bullcrap..... Again just because my video shows a "bride" doesnt mean I cant do the exact "corporate" video you have in your website, just replace my interview of the "bride" with a guy on a "suit" or a lady behing a desk... same F deal!!

worse part is that the job was pretty close in the "town" where I live, which is an hour away of a main city, plus it was listed with a great pay$ of exactly what I wanted. Also the job was listed 1 days ago... 1!!! and they already went trough the whole "application process"

aahajajhrgalejhgrwieuriwuegvilbk#@$^@$&@$%&^$!!!!

on the bright side at least they replied pretty quick, I applied this morning and got the email tonight. Not like 2 other jobs I applied for that one gave me a repply 2 weeks after and the other never

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I'm not mad... Too disenchanted with people and businesses to actually feel surprised about anything... so not mad... just irritated I guess.

Received product that was damaged. Read the companies return policy. Opened package to more closely inspect damage to see if I could salvage it. Called company to see if they could make an exception. They say "no". But they offer up an email address to send pictures to... because I tell them I would like to talk to the owner of the company to see if there might be some way to resolve... like "meet me half way" kinda thing. I'm willing to pay the return ship cost and product was factory defect anyway. Very professional email with pictures sent.

Then no reply so send again... no prob.

Then send again after another week... still nothing.

So I call and they suggest that email was never received. Really??

Okay... send again... :crickets:

Damn... been almost 3 weeks at this point. Please respond!!!

Wait another week... still nothing. So go ahead and fire off a [still professional and calm] email to sum up what I think of the company's unresponsiveness. Let them know that my future business will go elsewhere... not due to return policy but due to them not addressing my email. Had they just said "We reviewed your email but cannot accommodate your request".. I would have been fine with that. I mean... JUST FU@KING REPLY!! It takes all of about a minute! That would have been the end of it and I at least would have respected the fact that they didn't just ignore me entirely.

Anyway... after sending the same email 4x... nothing. But after sending a single email about taking my business elsewhere, the owner of the company calls me less than 15 minutes later. He says that they will send a replacement and that I can just keep the damaged item... no need to return.

WAS THAT SO DIFFICULT???

tl;dr: The squeaky wheel gets the grease... just takes a lot of squeaking sometimes... sigh.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
UPDATE on the annoying prick situation:

So instead of being nice to him, I've decided to start being an absolute asshole. Basically, any time he barely bumps me on accident, I bite his ....ing head off. He accidentally bumped me with his elbow ONE time yesterday at the very last hour, and I said "Can you please watch your ....ing elbows?! You have your space I have mine, you ....ing idiot!" This has been going on for a few days, and now he leaves me alone and doesn't ask to hang out and ..... I don't like having to do this and be this way to another person, but so far it's the only way he's getting the hint. No, going to high ups doesn't do anything. They just say he's not doing anything wrong, because he's not technically harassing me. So, I've resorted to this. I'm going to calm down on cussing him though because I can get in serious trouble for that.

DistinguishedPapyrus

Reaction score
I fvcking hate the spring time. I have ever since I was a small child in grade school, sitting in the nurse's office, hiding my head and crying because of horrible sinus headaches. I'm one of those guys that's allergic to everything and doesn't sneeze unless it's ten times in a row, end with getting a headrush and needing to sit down for a moment.

I'm going on month 3 of a sustaining sinus headache. Already had a sinus infection no less than two weeks ago, but it feels like I have another one. I've been resorting to Korova edibles for both pain relief and attitude adjustment. My son and I are matching shots of mucinex every 4 hours...

That sucks, I know the feeling man. I had very horrible allergies for years myself, I sneezed more than any other person I've ever met. It can get disorienting. Many many sinus infections, blowing yellow and green junk out of my nose and lungs, carrying around a rag in my pocket to sneeze on... etc. all of the above. been there, done that. I even feel like I've gained some degeneration in my cervical spine due to the chronic, convulsive, violent head jerking motions associated with sneezing and clenching my neck muscles and such. Over the counter stuff is useless on me, I have tried everything, zirtec, zicam, equate, claritin, mucinex... several others... all of them do almost nothing. Went to an allergist and got tested, found out my allergen was dust and dust mites. Which, of course is everywhere and on everything. So now I'm on 2 prescription medications, and have to make regular precautions in my home like using air filtration units, changing the a/c filters regularly and keeping my sheets and pillow case washed regularly...but it's FINALLY manageable and my "bad days" are becoming fewer.

If it were to continue to get bad, I will eventually have to get the monthly shots they offer.

If you're not seeing an allergist, I highly recommend it for your situation, if the over the counter stuff isn't working for you, they drastically turned my breathing around... It's been about 3 years now and I'm finally living almost "normally" with all the precautions taken and maintained. I truly wish I had started seeing an allergist like when I was in college...

In fact, as a side note, I frequent the lutherie section of this site cause I love building guitars, but ironically it is a very dusty hobby. I have to take a few minutes to give myself a clean shave so the mask has a tight seal and put on a fresh N95 dust mask every time I even enter my garage, and then open the door and set up a fan for circulation. Only way I can comfortably function in that environment.

EDIT: just read your other post about the nasal sprays, they are horrible. (at least the prescription one I am on is...) BUT, only because it stings really bad when you spray it, every time. It's like a shot of jalapeño juice. You get used to the shock of it, but it still stings every time. On the plus side though, it helps alot, and the sting goes away within a minute or so... a no-brainer trade off for me, I will gladly do that daily if it means not sneezing all the time. It's worth it.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
They've never bothered my nose for stinging unless I like, really mess it up somehow. :lol:

DistinguishedPapyrus

Reaction score
They've never bothered my nose for stinging unless I like, really mess it up somehow. :lol:

Oh, I don't know what the problem is... just the medication itself... maybe it's me? even when I use it absolutely perfectly, it burns every time. I'm on this stuff called Flunisolide. It burns a little but honestly it's not that bad.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
I'll talk to my doctor about seeing an allergist. This .... is getting ridiculous

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to have pretty terrible allergies as a child, but I believe it is partially due to the fact that I was allergic to dogs and cats and we never really knew, and we always had dogs until I was about 15. I was also really allergic to different strains of pollen. Living in a tropical climate also didn't help. I am diagnosed with allergic rhinitis.

Nowadays, my allergies are MUCH better and I know how to take care of myself so I avoid them. (Sadly though, I adore both cats and dogs, so I tend to hate myself a little bit after caving and rolling in the dirt with my friends' pets.)

However, despite this, due to my rhinitis, when I do have an episode it is pretty damn bad. Colds hit me 10x harder than they do the average person, and the pain in my face, nasal cavity, and head in general is completely debilitating. Not just the inflammation, but my flow is pretty damn heavy too. I don't even use tissues anymore because a) they make my symptoms worse, and b) I go through a whole box of them like it's nothing. I use handkerchiefs instead, and I go through like 3 of those a day at least.

I had turbinate reduction surgery when I was 5 because they became hypertrophied every time I had an episode (which was all the time) and I flat out could not breathe. Shortly after, they grew back a good chunk and they are still a nuisance today.

They way I control congestion these days, I first resort to anti-inflammatory drugs if I have a cold, or I take some Benadryl if my allergies are bad. (Preferably before bed, as it makes me really drowsy.) I also boil some water, put in a teaspoon of Vick's Vapor Rub in it, and then I put the boiling water in the sink, cover my head and the sink with a towel, and try to breathe in the hot, minty air. It really makes my nose flow and relieves the pressure in my head a bit.

Next step, if it's bad, I use Xylometazoline Hydrochloride drops, which are, surprisingly, OTC. I only use them once a day in the mornings before I go out. They last for about 10 hours and are honestly the best temporary remedy I've ever tried. It's as though I'm sudenly cured, which can be very deceptive, because I am NOT cured. Also, if used for over 3-4 days, you actually risk getting even more congested than you previously were. I use this one with a lot of caution, and only if I need to do something important that day that I can't miss, or if the pain has been so bad that it's made me lose too much sleep.

For prevention, I use a nasal spray called Avamys. (Which is prescription-based.) I believe it is a corticosteroid which acts only after a few days of constant use. It'll make the blood vessels in your nasal cavity not swell up as much when you do encounter an allergic agent. It's honestly the best prevention drug I've taken. I've tried Aerius (desloratadine) and I haven't found it all that useful. However, I know that it works wonders on other people if taken regularly.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Also the job was listed 1 days ago... 1!!! and they already went trough the whole "application process"

They may have already had someone in mind and had to go through the motions as part of corporate policy.

Where my mother works, the big boss had just retired this year. They all knew it was coming, she told all of them, and everyone already decided that one of the other people in the office would take up the mantle after her resignation was official. However, due to corporate policy / bureaucracy BS, they had to go through ALLLLL the motions before they could technically give this woman the title. So my mother, who's in charge of this type of stuff, had to post the job, write up all of the listings, responsibilities, etc, take in resumes, interview people for it, the whole 9 yards, even though the job was already someone else's.

Stupid, isn't it?

texshred777

Reaction score
Because my ex wife is getting married and he'll get to claim my child as a dependent, where I can't. I pay child support, and have him about half the week but can't claim him as a dependent, and pay the taxes on his mother's pay raise..er...child support.

I don't mind child support, but the tax issue is a huge problem for me.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Because my ex wife is getting married and he'll get to claim my child as a dependent, where I can't. I pay child support, and have him about half the week but can't claim him as a dependent, and pay the taxes or his mother's pay raise..er...child support.

I don't mind child support, but the tax issue is a huge problem for me.

This whole system, as well as the welfare system, are two of the things that are *the most screwed up* with the way our government functions right now.
I see stuff like this everywhere and I legitimately don't know how you guys don't turn into rage monsters.

I mean it's literally called "CHILD SUPPORT". The purpose of the payment is literally to SUPPORT THE CHILD, which would mean that the child is DEPENDENT on receiving child SUPPORT. Take 5 dude, I'll be mad for you for a while.

')