Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Never using eBay for guitars any more...

Sold a guitar through the Global Shipping Programme and they've just come back to me to say the item is too big. Which is my bad, just return it to me and I'll sort out a different method. Right?

But no, I can't have the guitar back. They've refunded the buyer and I get to keep the proceeds (they still keep the final value fee...), but they're keeping it and it will be "liquidated".

Extremely disappointed buyer and I'm quite gutted because I wanted it to have a new home.

Wait, what?! Who said so? eBay? The customs broker? The shipping company? They can do that?! WTF?! :mad: :wallbash: :realmad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
i've been working on a tough, annoying project with a tight schedule (deadline tomorrow) for full working days plus extra hours since monday, on an outdated and unresponsive computer, when suddenly today there was a power outage and the computer shut down while the project was open. the project is now corrupted and doesn't look like it can be recovered.

Genome

Reaction score
Wait, what?! Who said so? eBay? The customs broker? The shipping company? They can do that?! WTF?! :mad: :wallbash: :realmad:

Yep. The shipping company. It's hidden away in the small print, as soon as it reaches their shipping depot it's theirs. Both me and the buyer are covered, however.

More fool me I guess.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm starting to realize when I actually have money, nothing I want is on sale, or everything is way overpriced.

When I'm broke, all the good deals pass me by. :rant:

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Spoke with my boss about taking the 4th off for a family thing months ago. Coordinated with the only other guy that does my shift, got the green light all the way through, put my formal request in, everything was all gravy. A couple weeks ago, he hired a new manager to replace the one he fired last year; one that I would have to report to. She has since made it obvious that she's got something to prove, and has been making things difficult ever since.
Anyway, double-checked before going on vacation last week that I'd still be good to take the 4th off and that nothing has changed, got confirmation, cool.

Got back to work yesterday and took a gander at the schedule...and I'm on for the 4th. Emailed her asking what was up or if there was a mistake, and the response I got was "Sorry, I couldn't give you that day off. If it was approved earlier, it wasn't marked on your form."

I checked the form, it was still in her inbox, it was marked 'Approved.' My boss doesn't mark forms. This means not only did my boss okay it, but she approved it as well at some point (very recently!).

I know in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, but I'm madder than hell because this thing is a huge event for my family, and I had to miss it last year to cover for the other guy; which is why he didn't mind coming in for me this year. I had made plans, I had people lined up to come visit, and now I have to cancel everything under a day in advance. On top of this, the way that she acts like I was never promised this to begin with irks me as well. We've always done things in a very respectful way around here and everyone has generally had each other's back, it's the main reason I'd elected to stay here rather than leave for a higher paying job in the city. Now she's shown up and has been kicking over anthills and stirring the pot since she got here.

Done b*tching about my first world problems. People just never fail to disappoint me.

oc616

Control Deck Wins
Reaction score
I'm having an interview for another job tomorrow, back in call centersville from the school I work in as a music technician atm. Even at full time, the job post-tax only pays £903 a month, but I'd been promised a route into becoming a qualified teacher since September. Post rent/bills I've had £160 a month to use on food/petrol for a year with the idea that "this is ok, I can get into teaching, earn my PGCE and get paid a decent wage for a job I can enjoy."

Sadly, months of bull.... after this place became an Academy (non-UK users, this is basically a privatization of a school to a Trust) has resulted in not only a breakdown of communication between myself and the ruling body, but taking away the extra I could earn on instructor's salary for teaching the music tech course here. So now I have no certain future here, I haven't been able to put a penny in savings for a year, the car insurance is due in 2 months, and I haven't been able to live anything of my life via holidays or recreation for over a year. Because I'm over 25 now, I can't apply for funding for a PGCE course either, and would have to pocket the money myself.

My girlfriend of nearly 6 years had a breakdown last night, having suffered from pneumonia 2 years ago and struggling to maintain her own job since. I just don't have any answers anymore for her, and that has absolutely destroyed our relationship quality because we're both stuck at the mercy of something out of our hands. I was so damn relieved to get out of call center work, and now I have to go back in to keep us afloat. The last job I had was for a boiler insurance company for 1 and a half years, I'd left after planning out my own death for 2 months. I just don't have the mental fortitude, care or patience for it. I'm unskilled as a laborer, unable to afford courses to go into what I enjoy doing, and unable to stick with a job long term that provides me with the money I need to save.

I've only been lucky in that my best friend of 10 years was in a position to get me an interview at his workplace on such short notice, otherwise I wouldn't even have a less desirable option. That's why I'm mad atm. Because I've been promised job security, worked hard to achieve the ability to get paid doing a job I enjoy in an industry "desperate" due to teachers leaving in record numbers, and because now I have to go back to the job type that nearly stopped me from being here today. I wish I could understand how you lot do it.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
People are nuts.

If I had a job paying a million dollars a year and 'earned it', no one would ever THINK of asking me for a huge amount of money.

OTOH, if some falls in my lap and someone finds out about it, the fact that I didn't 'earn it' makes it ok to ask to have a completely ludicrous sum of money? Not even borrow, have.

In what state of mind is this logic?

Added to which when told no, their threat is 'we're not family anymore'.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :fawk:

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I get to work today and found that after a year and a half, someone has finally managed to steal my pen.

Heads.
Will.
Roll.
:hungus:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
It's the last day of my vacation, back home tomorrow and back to work Monday.

But this isn't what I'm mad about.

I'm mad about US politics and the constant stream of murders at the hands of police officers that I read about on social media. If you disagree with me or feel the need to step in and say "not all cops" or "all lives matter," don't. It's all incredibly disheartening and draining, and I'm not even a f*cking American citizen. I'm a Canadian that has too much exposure to American media. I also work in the States. I'm one of the foreigners that "took your jobs." I don't know how that's going to fare for me come November and I'm a little worried but still not as worried as I am for the majority of Americans. Every day seems like there is a bigger and bigger divide, and it's most likely sensationalized by both left and right media, but goddamn.

The world is just turning into a scary place, and I'm learning it more and more every day.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
It's the last day of my vacation, back home tomorrow and back to work Monday.

But this isn't what I'm mad about.

I'm mad about US politics and the constant stream of murders at the hands of police officers that I read about on social media. If you disagree with me or feel the need to step in and say "not all cops" or "all lives matter," don't. It's all incredibly disheartening and draining, and I'm not even a f*cking American citizen. I'm a Canadian that has too much exposure to American media. I also work in the States. I'm one of the foreigners that "took your jobs." I don't know how that's going to fare for me come November and I'm a little worried but still not as worried as I am for the majority of Americans. Every day seems like there is a bigger and bigger divide, and it's most likely sensationalized by both left and right media, but goddamn.

The world is just turning into a scary place, and I'm learning it more and more every day.

Not gunna touch the cop thing since we're on opposite spectrums, but the direction of politics is definitely cause for concern.

Imagine how much worse it is for those of us actually living here. Our choice of leaders is either someone who is basically a criminal and one of the most corrupt politicians in the scene right now (inb4 'Hillary did nothing wrong™'), or someone who's ego is so huge he is almost guaranteed to get us into a war. Plus, even if his intentions are good, he hasn't got the slightest idea of how he's going to navigate the system. It's going to be a train wreck, no matter what.
The presidency has become nothing more than a popularity contest and that alone is extremely alarming. As a normal, thinking citizen, I honestly don't know what to do, since moving to a different country seems so drastic and like such a huge change, but it's painfully clear that staying is not an option and change is next to impossible.
I guess I wouldn't say I'm mad about it so much as I am frustrated at my lack of options. This place is supposed to be a country for the people, by the people, yet it is ANYTHING but.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If you're going to change your mind about a craigslist deal, tell me. Don't go quiet on the day of the deal and ignore my texts. :squint:

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
If you're going to change your mind about a craigslist deal, tell me. Don't go quiet on the day of the deal and ignore my texts. :squint:

Exactly why I might just bite the bullet and sell to Guitar Center... or the local pawn shop. Got the guitar for cheap, though so might still be a technical profit...

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
GC gives you I think 60% of what they would sell it for.
I just can't swallow that kind of hit unless we're talking really cheap gear :lol:

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
i'm 26, i've been working out consistently many times a week for the better part of the last 6 years, i eat well, no junk food, lots of greens, i don't smoke, barely drink, a BMI of 21 and it's all muscle. and my blood pressure is 14/9. i just don't get it.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
There is a wasp terrorizing my kitchen and I can't find him. He is stuck somewhere near/in my oven/stove but I can't find him for the life of me. It keeps buzzing its wings and it sounds absolutely f*cking furious and like it is made of 100% pure evil. I fear it might break loose at some point and kill me. I really need to eat but I am absolutely terrified of my kitchen at the moment. This has been going on for about an hour. :ugh::ugh:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a couple wasps get into the house two summers ago. They were killed with impunity. If you have a good swatter, that should get them down on the ground. Don't try to use a solid object (as opposed to the swatters that have holes in them), because they will see it coming and get pissed. Once they are down, use a heavy object (like a dumbell) to squish them, then spray with alcohol, pick them up with pliers, place them into a ceramic bowl, mash them up, drizzle lighter fluid, ignite, take them outside, and mount the charred corpses as a warning to other potential vespid intruders.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a couple wasps get into the house two summers ago. They were killed with impunity. If you have a good swatter, that should get them down on the ground. Don't try to use a solid object (as opposed to the swatters that have holes in them), because they will see it coming and get pissed. Once they are down, use a heavy object (like a dumbell) to squish them, then spray with alcohol, pick them up with pliers, place them into a ceramic bowl, mash them up, drizzle lighter fluid, ignite, take them outside, and mount the charred corpses as a warning to other potential vespid intruders.

That was my intention, until I discovered it was just a bee, which I proceeded to carefully place inside of a cup and which I then released back to the great, grey-ish/blue sky of the concrete jungle.

I did just burn 2 lbs of black beans I was cooking though, just because I got distracted doing something else and I forgot about them. :wallbash:

I tried to redeem myself by making a pound of red lentil curry soup, and I ended up cutting my finger while chopping an onion.

The universe just doesn't want me in the kitchen today.

On top of that it's been raining all day, with thunder and all, and our tomato plants are being constantly knocked over.

And I have to fill out paperwork for student loans.

Just when I was looking forward to enjoying my day off, it turns out to be a sh*tty ass day.

Pav

???
Reaction score
A door slammed shut on my hand last night unlike anything I've ever experienced. After spending four hours in the emergency room, the nail of my middle finger on my fretting hand is now a solid deep blue color. It's going to be at least a week before I can play comfortably - injuries like this are more than just a physical pain for a guitarist. :lol: Sigh.

Latest posts

')