Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
A door slammed shut on my hand last night unlike anything I've ever experienced. After spending four hours in the emergency room, the nail of my middle finger on my fretting hand is now a solid deep blue color. It's going to be at least a week before I can play comfortably - injuries like this are more than just a physical pain for a guitarist. :lol: Sigh.

Can I just say that I find it funny how whenever guitarists hurt their hands, our first thoughts are always along the lines of "F***! How am I supposed to play now!?" instead of "F***! My finger is blue!" :lol:

I cut my ring finger pretty bad the other day and my first thought was wondering how long it would take for me to be able to play again, haha.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Genome

Reaction score
I had a couple wasps get into the house two summers ago. They were killed with impunity. If you have a good swatter, that should get them down on the ground. Don't try to use a solid object (as opposed to the swatters that have holes in them), because they will see it coming and get pissed. Once they are down, use a heavy object (like a dumbell) to squish them, then spray with alcohol, pick them up with pliers, place them into a ceramic bowl, mash them up, drizzle lighter fluid, ignite, take them outside, and mount the charred corpses as a warning to other potential vespid intruders.

My ex girlfriend used to light incense whenever a wasp flew into the room as it would lull them into a catatonic state. Then you could get rid of them.

I imagined they were stoned out their heads.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Exactly why I might just bite the bullet and sell to Guitar Center... or the local pawn shop. Got the guitar for cheap, though so might still be a technical profit...

I tried to do that this weekend. They wouldn't take the guitar (Raines) because they were worried they'd have trouble selling it since they didn't know the brand. :lol: Back to the drawing board!

*edit* To clarify, my amusement is in my lack of luck, which is to say that I totally understand it from their side.

blacai

Reaction score
I gave 2k€ to my sister for her Studies and she will travel on holidays on September.

shadscbr

Reaction score
My 101 Yr old Granddad fell and broke his pelvis and arm....he is still very sharp and in good spirits. I went to visit him today, and he was telling me about taking his old Model A Ford from New York down to Florida with some friends. He still remembers the details of his Model T vs his Model A... coolest old dude ever (wow, between 1915 and 2016, he has seen some changes), sad he is hurting :(

Shad

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Absolute illiterate idiots (like Brian Storm) who write for these various "metal news" sites and who think that their metal-related articles need this National Inquirer styled sensationalism are exactly what is wrong with the metal community.

Those guys don't deserve to have all of these people reading their clickbait-ridden rubbish filled with questionable accuracy and then sucking them off on social media.

You

þ
Reaction score
Absolute illiterate idiots (like Brian Storm) who write for these various "metal news" sites and who think that their metal-related articles need this National Inquirer styled sensationalism are exactly what is wrong with the metal community.

Those guys don't deserve to have all of these people reading their clickbait-ridden rubbish filled with questionable accuracy and then sucking them off on social media.

Clickbait ridden rubbish is PRECISELY what is wrong in online journalism (and traditional journalism even to an extent) in general, with the likes of Gawker and Buzzfeed producing shallow garbage for mass audiences to consume.

Edit: I take back "and traditional journalism to an extent" because both are guilty of the same practices of simplifing and omitting information for mass consumption.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Can I just say that I find it funny how whenever guitarists hurt their hands, our first thoughts are always along the lines of "F***! How am I supposed to play now!?" instead of "F***! My finger is blue!" :lol:

I cut my ring finger pretty bad the other day and my first thought was wondering how long it would take for me to be able to play again, haha.

Your body will heal itself, we all know that and presumably we've all had our fair share of injuries throughout our lives. But when that healing process involves giving up something you love, that REALLY hurts. :lol:

Although everyone is telling me that my nail is eventually fall off...I've never gone through that before and it sounds horrifying.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Clickbait ridden rubbish is PRECISELY what is wrong in online journalism (and traditional journalism even to an extent) in general, with the likes of Gawker and Buzzfeed producing shallow garbage for mass audiences to consume.

Edit: I take back "and traditional journalism to an extent" because both are guilty of the same practices of simplifing and omitting information for mass consumption.

Every "article" written nowadays is either clickbait bullsh*t or a think piece. I'd say whatever happened to unbiased, objective reporting, but not sure if that ever really existed.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
It amazes me how some individuals let the most petty, insignificant bullsh*t get in the way of not only friendships but also how they conduct business.

I have been supporting a certain guitar pedal company since before Day 1. (The guy behind the company was on this forum for a long time, which is how we originally connected. But he got booted for being a sh*thead when he was supposed to get a vendor account.) I bounced ideas back and forth with the guy behind the company for months (years even?). I did demos during the early stages of the company for early prototype pedals. I did graphic design work for the company's limited edition pedals. I even brought big-name artists to the company by introducing them which was a major driving factor for the potential customer base.

All throughout my years of support, the guy behind the company would constantly try to hard sell me despite me being his friend. At first, I could tell that he was joking, but then he progressively became more and more aggressive about it. Conversations would go something along the lines of this:

> Me: "Hey man, I need help with something personal."
> Him: "Yeah man. Just buy a pedal. It'll help."
----------
>Me: "I need a suggestion on something."
>Him: "I suggest the *insert name of his pedal*. Buy it."
---------
>Me: "I would value your critique on a mix for me."
>Him: "Needs more *insert name of his pedal*."
--------
>Me: "Got some spare cash set aside to help finish getting me through college."
>Him: "Spare cash? Buy a pedal."
-------
>Me: "Got an Axe-Fx."
>Him: "Why the f*ck didn't you buy a pedal?"

It was like that constantly.

I think it was the moment when I got an Axe-Fx that was some kind of breaking point. I told the guy that I had recently acquired an Axe-Fx and that it fulfilled all of my needs for guitar effects. I woke up a few days later to see that he had blocked me.

This leaves me wondering: is that really how you conduct a business? I guess friends are disposable if they aren't lining your pocket. This individual is willing to throw away years of friendship, support, and business association all over nothing. It just goes to show that you can invest so much and get nothing in return because some individuals do not know where their loyalties lie.

Behindthesun

Pumpkin Assassin
Reaction score
My 101 Yr old Granddad fell and broke his pelvis and arm....he is still very sharp and in good spirits. I went to visit him today, and he was telling me about taking his old Model A Ford from New York down to Florida with some friends. He still remembers the details of his Model T vs his Model A... coolest old dude ever (wow, between 1915 and 2016, he has seen some changes), sad he is hurting :(

Sending positive vibes! Guy must be full of stories.

Just like ol' mate 'Axl Rosenberg.'

I used to love following MS, especially for the comments, but after a while it all started to wear thin and that's when I realized it only looked good from afar.

I've struggled with Brian since the beginning, and it's his banal brand of humor that gripes me. I personally recommend getting a tetanus shot before (and after) going into any of his videos.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I've struggled with Brian since the beginning, and it's his banal brand of humor that gripes me.
His humor is more arid than a desert. Majority of it nowadays is just bad pizza related jokes or bad references to the 90s. Both of which tend to be poor in taste.

I personally recommend getting a tetanus shot before (and after) going into any of his videos.
I've got a friend who is an actual medical doctor. He recommended the same thing.

hoffmaniv

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
Why am I mad right now ... well. My bandmates are in BC. One's been making serious cash, the other's on vacay. Me, on the other hand, I've been working my butt off to get songs done while juggling my last semester of uni! I'm not mad at them, though, it's more the circumstances that come about where we're on constant rotation and not always available. I get a lot of work done on my own. I get even more work done when I have more heads to bonk mine against. I'd love to have a few solid months where it's all of us being constantly available and all being heavily invested in the writing process. :lol:

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I've struggled with Brian since the beginning, and it's his banal brand of humor that gripes me. I personally recommend getting a tetanus shot before (and after) going into any of his videos.

5zjx34.jpg

3cd8a33a.png

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I'm mad because CD manufactures still use that crappy sticker glue that leaves residue all over the case. Its been over twenty years.... make some good glue!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score

JohnTanner

Derpin' on the guitar since 2003
Reaction score
i'm mad at the people always giving you the run around when you are selling gear. The kinda people that will come to an agreement in price with you, agree to a place to meet up to make the deal, and then they back out last minute. So much wasted time on these fools

')