Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I'm back in school again.

Yuuuuup. How did you manage to get your Master's and not remember that this is how every group project ever goes down? :lol:
Forced group projects are always a complete sh*tshow. I found during my time at university that the best method is to just do the whole goddamn thing myself. Sorry you're stuck dealing with that stuff, used to drive me up the wall.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Yuuuuup. How did you manage to get your Master's and not remember that this is how every group project ever goes down? :lol:
Forced group projects are always a complete sh*tshow. I found during my time at university that the best method is to just do the whole goddamn thing myself. Sorry you're stuck dealing with that stuff, used to drive me up the wall.

Aaand, the girl who disappeared complained to the professor that we reassigned her work without her okaying it.

I remember group projects being bad, there was always one person doing nothing, but usually I was left with 50-60% of the work, not 80-90%. And I never had to deal with someone complaining to the teacher that someone else did her work rather than letting her do it herself. This girl didn't even get back to "us" (me) until after the project was due!

At least the rest of the coursework is individually assigned.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I suck dick at micing up an amp.

Sounds like you are doing it wrong. Remove the mic from your mouth and place it just off (1/2"-3/4") the center axis of the speaker cone, then set your tone controls monitoring the mic'ed signal, instead of the live sound, if at all possible, until it sounds decent. If it still sounds bad, just dub another guitar track over it with the opposite tone settings then mix the two guitar tracks into one bus so that it sounds decent. If it still sounds bad, just dub another guitar track over it with the opposite tone settings then mix the three guitar tracks into one bus so that it sounds decent. If it still sounds bad, just dub another guitar track over it with the opposite tone settings then mix the four guitar tracks into one bus so that it sounds decent. If it still sounds bad, then just play black metal, and the sound quality will no longer matter.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
....in' Craigslist hagglers. Selling something for $550, get an immediate offer of $270 - which is just shy of half my asking. Tell him that the lowest I'll go is $500, he says he can't do more than $300.

Why tell me that? I'm not going to suddenly shave $250 off my asking price just for you. And he came back today with an offer of $315, which is useless to me as it's still not $500.

Dolt.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
....in' Craigslist hagglers. Selling something for $550, get an immediate offer of $270 - which is just shy of half my asking. Tell him that the lowest I'll go is $500, he says he can't do more than $300.

Why tell me that? I'm not going to suddenly shave $250 off my asking price just for you. And he came back today with an offer of $315, which is useless to me as it's still not $500.

Dolt.

What about $316.50, and I'll throw in a couple of food stamps. :lol:

sniperfreak223

B.C. Rich loyalist
Reaction score
The new owners of B.C. Rich said they wanted to take the product line "back to the roots of the company"...yet their new lineup doesn't contain a single Bich or Eagle, despite those being the first successful original BCR body shapes.

Petar Bogdanov

Reaction score

Dolt.

I used to get mad. But you're not obliged to reply when they do that, on the basis that they're not a serious buyer. Those guys never buy anything. ;)

If they act like you owe them something, block them. It's like a dog chasing your car. You can't avoid it, but you just keep going.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score

Dolt.

Dude has made his 3rd offer, trying to get me to trade for his "new bike," which is supposedly worth around $125 more than my current one; except I explicitly stated "Not looking for any trades", and the number of red flags that jumped out with this new scenario is off the charts.

I'm just ignoring him from this point on.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude has made his 3rd offer, trying to get me to trade for his "new bike," which is supposedly worth around $125 more than my current one; except I explicitly stated "Not looking for any trades", and the number of red flags that jumped out with this new scenario is off the charts.

I'm just ignoring him from this point on.

Haha, well, not food stamps, but he's getting closer to my prediction.

I worked at a pawn shop in Detroit a long time ago, and I remember people wanting to trade crazy stuff for our wares, like, in one case, an expired can of tuna - as in, oh, "I'm about two dollars short, but I got some old tuna in the car that's worth at least two dollars."

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Haha, well, not food stamps, but he's getting closer to my prediction.

I worked at a pawn shop in Detroit a long time ago, and I remember people wanting to trade crazy stuff for our wares, like, in one case, an expired can of tuna - as in, oh, "I'm about two dollars short, but I got some old tuna in the car that's worth at least two dollars."

Just got an offer from a different guy for - THREE FITTY!

No joke, $350. But he's got better grammar than the other dude so I'm not writing him off as much.

Still, $500 at worst or no deal.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
The new owners of B.C. Rich said they wanted to take the product line "back to the roots of the company"...yet their new lineup doesn't contain a single Bich or Eagle, despite those being the first successful original BCR body shapes.

I haven't seen the new BC Rich models. Let's have a look here...

Well, I see they've got a Mockingbird and a Warlock in the Mk11 series. That's cool.
Let's go a little cheaper, Mk9... Mockingbird and Warlock. Huh, alright.
Next is Mk7, and that's... Mockingbird and Warlock...
Then, Mockingbird and Warlock again in Mk5...
And finally, in Mk3 and Mk1- the cheapy bolt-on sections, we get some variety. Warlock, Mockingbird, Villain, V, and Warbeast.

Is it me or has the variety gone down a bit??

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the original BC Rich guys came up with some interesting stuff: radical shapes, doublenecks, 8 string single course guitars long before they were cool, 9 and 10 string hybrid single/double course guitars, new types of active electronics and tone controls, etc., but those guys moved on and the ones who took over want to make a profit, not to innovate so much. In a lot of ways it's sad, but in other ways it's just part of life. Nearly every guitar company goes through phases of innovative growth and recession. With BC Rich having so many shapes: Warlock, Mockingbird, Stealth, Eagle, Assassin/Gunslinger/ST-III, King V, Villain, Virgin, Bich, Beast, Beast Jr., Warbeast, I can't even remember half of them... I'm sure it's difficult to manage the catalogue for everyone.

That said, looking at their website, it is extremely frustrating as a BC Rich fanatic to see how far the company has slipped away from what it used to be. If I wanted a seven string, or anything other than a Warlock or a Mockingbird, then I'm limited to one of two very similar budget models. If I want a Stealth, or an Eagle, or a Bich, then...I'm SOL this year. Even going to the BCRUSACS site, I don't really see a list of available models or anything like that.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Even going to the BCRUSACS site, I don't really see a list of available models or anything like that.

There is nothing on that site. The place you want to check out is the B.C. Rich Custom shop Facebook page. Not to be confused with the B.C. Rich Product/Service Facebook page, which handles the import line. The guys stated that they will build anything for you. You just have to send them the info of what you want. :cool:

If I want a Stealth, or an Eagle, or a Bich, then...I'm SOL this year.

The new custom shop had built all 3 of those models already. In fact, they're building a new Bich guitar for display for the 2017 NAMM show. What's weird is that it's a bolt on. Being a huge fan of B.C. Rich, this may be the first U.S. custom shop Bich guitar that I have seen that's a bolt-on.

If you meant import guitars, my apology for my post. I know many people who want Beast and Ironbird guitars and I told them the custom shop still makes them but what they really meant was a import version of those models. ;)

')