Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
Getting charged with assult and geting kicked out of my house for pushing my bitch of a room mate....

Guess who is homeless again!

Sounds like you shouldn't have assaulted her.

I'm still mad about the roof leak situation.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
Rage 1.

Can't effect policy change to prohibit the use of work email addresses for online retail, social networking and banking with the hard black list to enforce said policy. "I think we need to be flexible".

Never mind that I work with airhead academics who open everything without reading and only come to me when their antivirus is going fucking mental. Fuck me and trying to make my role more efficient and effective, these fucking idiots need to be able to get spotify and readers digest emails to their fucking work outlook because they're too fucking lazy and entitled and retarded to get a gmail account.

CEO acknowledged the amount of subscription spam we get, his solution? Let it through the spam trap. Because if people see the amount of spam they get, they'll certainly do something about it.

No, no they fucking won't. They'll whine to me and I'll black list it like I should have done in the first place. Get to know your employees, all but 4 of them are completely fucking clueless when it comes to self-administration, everything has to be done for them.

Rage 2.

Implemented email quotas to try and manage the size of people's email accounts. Set to 8gb (fucking huge, no work email account should be this big for any reason, archive your shit). Not allowed to impose send/receive restrictions once quota is met, users simply get a warning which they will completely ignore until I clench my teeth and chase them to clean up their bullshit like I'm their fucking mother. See above, nobody keeps their shit organised, they just assume that they can come to me and whine and I'll have some fucking magic spell to fix the problem. No, delete your fucking bullshit emails, because my solution to your overclogged email account is to nuke from orbit.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
It sounds like you work with a bunch of 12 year olds?

Most system administrators will tell you similar stories.

It wouldn't matter that they're hopeless children, I can administrate around that. Where it gets fucking stupid is that despite the fact that "maintain and improve network efficiency" and "develop effective network security policies" are itemised in my job description, I'm am stopped at every avenue I would pursue to do just that by a myopic twat who thinks the local university is the best organisation to model ourselves after. Despite the fact that the local university bleeds out millions of dollars every year due to terrible management and useless employees who are dug in like fucking ticks and can't be fired.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I could have improved my wage for about 8 times what I make now if only I had scored 0.25 more (out of 10) in a Sociology/Philosophy test I did last October. FML.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I got drunk the other night and thought it would be a great idea to play with some of my knives. I can't feel the end of my finger, can barely bend it, and can't hold a guitar pick.

fortisursus

Reaction score
USPS snail mail? Boredom over college break after all your friends have gone back to school?

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Because the teachers fucking chickened out.

You can't threaten job action and then cave when the people you're threatening job action against say your strike would be unlawful...

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Not pissed just pretty depressed. My girlfriend and I broke up today. The long distance thing was just way too hard and she needs to focus on med school right now instead of the relationship, and I should focus on my final year of school too instead of dwelling on whether or not she still feels the same way about me. We will stay friends and still talk every now and then and we both agreed that we still love each other and that there will always be room for each other in our lives. Hopefully we will try to revisit this at a different time when she's ready.

It could have been a lot worse, but at least I kept an amazing person as a friend and can one day come back to her.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Other thing I am pretty upset about is that I woke up this morning with my back and ribs (around the lat muscles) hurting a bit, figured I just strained my muscles the day before or slept awkward or something. When I got home about 5 hours ago it started to REALLY hurt like hell where if I'm lucky and am sitting in the exact right position, I am in pain. If I'm not sitting in the right position or try to bend over or anything, the pain is excruciating and makes it hard to breathe even. I think I've had this before and hopefully it will pass. Gonna try and take a bath and just go to bed for the night.

/rant

This sounds like a condition I developed a few years ago. Find a GOOD doctor and have them check you out, if it's what I had they can literally fix it before you're even out the door.

I emphasize good because the dumbass I went to had no fucking clue and I ended up on heavy-duty pain meds for about three weeks before it finally resolved itself.

EDIT: Obviously this is if you're still dealing with it, just realized the post is almost a week old.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It's been 3 days and there's still flooding around my house. Usually the water drains really quickly.

Damn long and heavy rains. :(

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Sundays are supposed to be those days when you can sleep in but fuck that when your parents wake up for a cruise at 8am and keep shouting for two and half hours before they even manage to get going. :squint:

')