Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrBouleDeBowling

Reaction score
If I could choose one superpower to have, I'd choose to be able to communicate with animals. Having incomparable chemistry with pets, having allies in the wild in case of survival, etc. But I'd mostly tell my upstairs neighbour's chihuahua to shut the hell up. He's driving both my roommate and me insane. Sleeping is impossible. I thought the landlord said "no animals".

The problem's not the dog. I love dogs and wouldn't mind at all if the owner wouldn't leave him alone all the time. I don't get how they don't understand that dogs do freak out when they are alone for a long time. Have at least someone to take care of him when you can't be there, goddammit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sniperfreak223

B.C. Rich loyalist
Reaction score
I know it's a stupid little peeve, but how guitar center considers tenor guitars "extended range", even though their range is more limited than a standard guitar

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
If I could choose one superpower to have, I'd choose to be able to communicate with animals. Having incomparable chemistry with pets, having allies in the wild in case of survival, etc. But I'd mostly tell my upstairs neighbour's chihuahua to shut the hell up. He's driving both my roommate and me insane. Sleeping is impossible. I thought the landlord said "no animals".

The problem's not the dog. I love dogs and wouldn't mind at all if the owner wouldn't leave him alone all the time. I don't get how they don't understand that dogs do freak out when they are alone for a long time. Have at least someone to take care of him when you can't be there, goddammit.

I can genuinely sympathize and I'm truly sorry that you guys are having to endure that insanely aggravating situation. My main two are constantly barking dogs and constantly booming bass. I love deep bass grooves but not when it's someone else's and it's thumping through my skull as I'm trying to chill, sleep, etc. Same thing with dogs. Oh, and in regards to a recent situation of my own- it's not a damn "watchdog" if it just constantly barks all day/ all night... ugh.

Man I hope that something gives and y'all are able to regain some solace.

A-Branger

Reaction score
my back neighbours house got one dog that as soon as they leave (like 1 min) he starts hauling and hauling non stop with the occasional bark.

and guess whos computer/work/music room faces their house?...... mmmmm

at least I just crank bit up the music, but I get annoyed as I dont want to listent to music all the time.

They told me its just a puppy, and they jsut moved in, so theres hope he would get used to. My dog did that first few days I moved in. Now she chills and sleeps until I get home, usually on my bed lol

flint757

Reaction score
Thanksgiving house brawl broke out towards the end of Thanksgiving over some internal squabbles that I ended up getting myself dragged into trying to get the agitators to leave (wasn't over the election results shockingly :lol:). So much fun when you have a family of gossipers and whiny babies as well.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
my back neighbours house got one dog that as soon as they leave (like 1 min) he starts hauling and hauling non stop with the occasional bark.

and guess whos computer/work/music room faces their house?...... mmmmm

at least I just crank bit up the music, but I get annoyed as I dont want to listent to music all the time.

They told me its just a puppy, and they jsut moved in, so theres hope he would get used to. My dog did that first few days I moved in. Now she chills and sleeps until I get home, usually on my bed lol

Yep, same here. Except I'm surrounded on 3 sides by such chaos...

A-Branger

Reaction score
Bit of a rant here:

It happens today the news of Fidel CAstro's death. right

but someone on facebook just posted a "feeling sad :( " with someone else replying to that comment with "because Fidel no?".... and he was like "yeah, the world jsut lost a great lider blah blah and I know me and a lot of cubans are sad because of it"...... Im like ?????????????????

*facepalm*

to give you a bit of a backstory about it. I dance salsa (and I like to play Metal too...weird no?..) and Ive been involved in classes performances in all that dance culture of parties and festivals ect ect and I have made great friends there. These two people are from there, and those people not only live in Australia but in one of the nicest, prettiest, hippiest, and tourist little town this country has to offer, having their great life here with no worries whatsoever more than complaining about the 2 hour parking limit in town... or the amount of teenagers during peak season.....
So as these people are fully immerse in this dance culture, with a cuban teacher and everything there a natural desire about the cuban culture and country, so they ahve travel there a few times and of course they love it. And I dont blame them for that.

but to come and "feel sad" about a communist dictatorship?? c'on people open your eyes a bit more and stop being such a tourist. You like so much that so called "revolution" the same one who has destroyed my own country (Venezuela) to the worst levels of crime/murder/ecconomic/hunger/poverty in history, then go and live there.!! go and move out of your first world country in a tinny hippie/organic/cristal/tourist perfect happy town, and go and live there then!!.. where you cant even find a piece of meat or toilet papper in the store, where you cant fly out of there, and dont you even dare to speak up against it!

these are the same dumb people who go there for a holliday and go and say "ooh soo nice there with the old 50's cars and traditional rustic buildings".... but they fail to realize the reason of it is because they had no other option rather than keep fixing the car. ITs not because they like it, is because they couldnt get any new ones.... (and yeah eventually became a somekind of tradition)

that without mentioning the countless stories about people going there for a holliday and sudenly "falling in love" over there... (or fall in love with a touring dancing compny who came here) with either: -get trapped over there as they stole all their cash....-get engaged, and end up sending them money because their "loved ones" need bit of help..... "actually get married so they can fly out of there, only to come here and get divorced after they got their papers.....-and a very few happy stories ..... I know them all, seen them first hand each scenario withing the same dancing community......... nothing wrong with the people there, but some of them do whatever they can to run away from the country (you know because its soooo pretty the Castro's revolution eh?.....), some decided to go on a raft toward Miami, others decide to marry a middle aged lady who they meet in the tourist bar.

aahhggg!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

...end rant

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
^

Just an opinion but I think it's legit to feel sad over a loss of life, even without any respect or regard for the persons life or influence before they died.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I have an ethics exam on Saturday and I need to do a lot more studying.

Also work is f*cked. This project has finally piled into the sh*tstorm I expected it to be in September. Had it turned into the same sh*tstorm in September, though, we could've had the time to iron it out before the end of the year. Now there's only 16 work days left in the year. :noplease:

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
but someone on facebook just posted a "feeling sad :( " with someone else replying to that comment with "because Fidel no?".... and he was like "yeah, the world jsut lost a great lider blah blah and I know me and a lot of cubans are sad because of it"...... Im like ?????????????????

*facepalm*

I don't get it either, man. Reading Justin Trudeau's comments over Castro's death made me wanna puke.

The hypocrisy of people fawning over these communist murderers like Che and Castro, and then in the next breath talking of human rights is almost too much to take.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Cuban parents who left after everything was nationalized. No self respecting relative of a refugee is "sad". Only uneducated (no relation to # of degrees) people who romanticize "revolution". It was a cruel dictatorship end of story. No one mourns for Pol Pot.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
Just woke up at the smell of my own farts. Of all the ridiculous reasons that keep me up at night, i think this takes the cake.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Today looks like one of those days where just everything goes wrong. Woke up to a conversation about how my guitar playing and mixing are not good enough for this one guy's taste. Got to work and all the things are not working for me today. It's not even noon yet and I'm pretty much ready to just go home, go to bed, and try life again tomorrow.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Got called in by the manager today and they said that they are letting me go, because they don't feel that I want to be at my job, and that they have gotten negative reports about me from both staff and customers. This is extremely weird, as the manager and the assistant manager have just been working for a few weeks and I have been gone for one on a business trip to the states. Everyone at work thinks that I am great, and many of our regulars like me.

Confused, angry, and now stressed because now I need a new job.

meteor685

Reaction score
Got called in by the manager today and they said that they are letting me go, because they don't feel that I want to be at my job, and that they have gotten negative reports about me from both staff and customers. This is extremely weird, as the manager and the assistant manager have just been working for a few weeks and I have been gone for one on a business trip to the states. Everyone at work thinks that I am great, and many of our regulars like me.

Confused, angry, and now stressed because now I need a new job.

Same .... happened to me man.

Was about to start some project and boss calls me in to his office with a hand gesture. We both walk together to the office, and he is silent the whole time so I know its not good. Get into his office and he says "Your fired, pack your stuff, give to me, and leave by the end of today".

Same stuff you said basically cept I didn't like my job lol...I just needed money to pay bills cuz i don't wanna live with my parents haha.

Yeah i agree it sucks...having to look for new job...

Being "off" for the holidays is nice though....

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Same .... happened to me man.

Was about to start some project and boss calls me in to his office with a hand gesture. We both walk together to the office, and he is silent the whole time so I know its not good. Get into his office and he says "Your fired, pack your stuff, give to me, and leave by the end of today".

Same stuff you said basically cept I didn't like my job lol...I just needed money to pay bills cuz i don't wanna live with my parents haha.

Yeah i agree it sucks...having to look for new job...

Being "off" for the holidays is nice though....

Dude that SUCKS to hear. I've been going through who could have possibly jacked me up, and found out today that it wasn't my managers choice at all. She was really sorry about the whole thing and offered to write me a recommendation and everything. Said her hands were tied. So this has to come from the owner or one of her cronies. I've never been late to work, and everyone likes me, so I can't for the life of me figure out why they would let me go... Writing her an email now. Many of my colleagues are going to ask what's up too.

Being off for the holidays is kind of rad. I have two weeks of work left thouhg.

Latest posts

')