Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yeah, it's dumb.
Western Washington used to have mild summers, so a lot of dipshits are stuck in a mentality of you don't really need AC. Our summers are still pretty mild, but a few weeks in upper 80s then one week in the 90s has become common.
Most houses, even new, aren't built with central air conditioning, which is really dumb imo. I have no idea why you wouldn't want to control the climate of your home both ways regardless how extreme temps get.
Seattle's problem whenever I was there during the summer time wasn't the heat, but the godawful humidity.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Seattle's problem whenever I was there during the summer time wasn't the heat, but the godawful humidity.
I'm further up North than Seattle, and generally think it's pretty dry. It's only 50% humidity right now and 80F. I don't have much to reference, so I feel like that's not too bad. There are some days in the 70s, overcast and muggy as hell, but those are pretty rare where I live.
I hear people in Asia or the South in the USA talk about how like you walk outside and are pretty much wet instantly (being hyperbole) because of the heat/humidity, so I always assumed I got it good here haha.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm further up North than Seattle, and generally think it's pretty dry. It's only 50% humidity right now and 80F. I don't have much to reference, so I feel like that's not too bad. There are some days in the 70s, overcast and muggy as hell, but those are pretty rare where I live.
I hear people in Asia or the South in the USA talk about how like you walk outside and are pretty much wet instantly (being hyperbole) because of the heat/humidity, so I always assumed I got it good here haha.

I'm curious about how hyperbolic that is, because there has been a few times in the past handful of years in New England I've walked outside and my back and forehead are wet within moments. I can't really handle heat in the first place so maybe that's to do with it, but I can see that being a somewhat legit phenomenon

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Are we complaining about the heat? I'll complain about the heat
I'm in central California and it's been over 110 here for the last couple weeks. It's been so hot the brand spankin' new HVAC unit I had installed like 3 months ago that cost me about 12 used prestiges literally cannot keep up. I'll set the thermostat, hear it kick on, and still watch the temp go up a couple degrees over the course of the day.
I really need to move. I hate it here.

Moongrum

Reaction score
I'm curious about how hyperbolic that is, because there has been a few times in the past handful of years in New England I've walked outside and my back and forehead are wet within moments. I can't really handle heat in the first place so maybe that's to do with it, but I can see that being a somewhat legit phenomenon
I had assumed, I believe it then😂

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I spent April to July in far west central Weeziana one year, br00tz heat and humidity, br00tz.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
MA feels like hell to me from May until the end of September so I don't even know how people function outdoors in the south.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I don't have much to complain about with the heat, but vaguely mad anyway -

Been helping out bro who has been struggling for the past years. He came by a couple weeks ago and just happened to mention his vehicle registration was expiring that day and he had no plan to deal with it. So I ended up paying for his plate to prevent him from driving illegally. Fast forward to this week, and it turns out he's been driving illegally anyway - he's never paid for his insurance. They tried to bill him, it didn't work, and the mail went to the wrong address, so he never noticed. So he has to pay up to catch up, and now they're insisting that he has to pay for a full year at a time to continue, which, I get it, but he has about $2 to his name right now. Which means now I get to pay for a years worth of his insurance upfront unless he can find a new provider, otherwise he'll be driving around illegally anyway.

The good news is he found a job, which means he'll finally have some money coming in shortly. The bad news is, it's a driving job, so I really hope they don't catch wind of this.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Got a letter informing me I have to go to an "independent medical examination" for my worker's comp claim on my carpal tunnel and thumb trigger finger issues. It's making me really anxious because my shit is absolutely not fixed, like it's way better but I still feel it every day and last time I saw the doc they gave me a cortisone shot and told me we basically need to wait and see if it works and then talk about surgery. I'm going to have to spend some time reading the state laws around this stuff and seeing what my rights are as far as refuting the claim if the new doc says I don't need any more care. Maybe it will be fine but it's definitely making me anxious and I wish they'd just fuck off.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have much to complain about with the heat, but vaguely mad anyway -

Been helping out bro who has been struggling for the past years. He came by a couple weeks ago and just happened to mention his vehicle registration was expiring that day and he had no plan to deal with it. So I ended up paying for his plate to prevent him from driving illegally. Fast forward to this week, and it turns out he's been driving illegally anyway - he's never paid for his insurance. They tried to bill him, it didn't work, and the mail went to the wrong address, so he never noticed. So he has to pay up to catch up, and now they're insisting that he has to pay for a full year at a time to continue, which, I get it, but he has about $2 to his name right now. Which means now I get to pay for a years worth of his insurance upfront unless he can find a new provider, otherwise he'll be driving around illegally anyway.

The good news is he found a job, which means he'll finally have some money coming in shortly. The bad news is, it's a driving job, so I really hope they don't catch wind of this.

Really cool of you to help homeboy out though

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Are we complaining about the heat? I'll complain about the heat
I'm in central California and it's been over 110 here for the last couple weeks. It's been so hot the brand spankin' new HVAC unit I had installed like 3 months ago that cost me about 12 used prestiges literally cannot keep up. I'll set the thermostat, hear it kick on, and still watch the temp go up a couple degrees over the course of the day.
I really need to move. I hate it here.

Same shit that was happening with my ac past couple of days, was driving me mad

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
For real @TedEH as someone who's never had a pal that would have helped your boy out like this if I needed it, you are seriously a good dude and the kind of friend folks don't forget.
Anyhow....I'm sure he'll be fine. I doubt they'll hear anything about his personal insurance or lack thereof.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
It feels a bit like one of those "money where your mouth is" kinds of things. Like, rhetorically, I'll say all the time stuff like hoarding wealth is bad, and the success of one should be the success of everyone, which all sounds like nonsense, but if I'm doing well enough to support him I'd be a hypocrite to not share that success when he needs it. I'd feel like an ass if he got pulled over and lost his ability to drive or pay his rent or something, and he and the kids go back to shelters and sleeping in peoples basements while I sit at home with my Used Prestiges and Elden Ring and new overpriced electric car and put my feet up arguing about cement all day or whatever.

Anyhow....I'm sure he'll be fine. I doubt they'll hear anything about his personal insurance or lack thereof.
Yeah, I'm sure he'll be fine. He's the type to just suck it up and drive illegally anyway though instead of asking for the help, so the trick is to save him from himself a lot of the time.

CM_X5

Reaction score
ba2.jpg

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
It's frustrating talking to people who "want" to get better at their instrument, as in, they like the idea of being better at it, but don't want to put in the work because practice "feels like a chore." I get it, there's balance in everything, but also it just is work, there's no way around that. If it were were easy everyone would do it.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's frustrating talking to people who "want" to get better at their instrument, as in, they like the idea of being better at it, but don't want to put in the work because practice "feels like a chore." I get it, there's balance in everything, but also it just is work, there's no way around that. If it were were easy everyone would do it.
I do encourage people to work on riffs/solos to shit they like that include the skills they want to get better at. Feels a little bit less like work than sitting with a metronome playing 3NPS scales/modes for hours.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I had that problem when I started out. I hated lessons. Doing a bunch of regimented exercises didn't feel like "playing music" which was the thing I wanted to do. Spend 4 hours at a time looping the same cool bit over and over until I get it? Absolutely. Spend that same 4 hours looping the a lame exercise over and over - and I'd just bail to go play N64 games instead.

')