Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
On a
Way too safe and reasonable. Let me take you back to my childhood where we fired up the old EAR SPLIFF :lol:

View attachment 147267
On a serious note, for those who might be tempted by this:

1. Ear candles are a fire hazzard and do not work
2. Smoking spliffs like this is a fire hazzard and also does not work.

🙂

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
I cleaned my ears with q-tips this morning since they were itchy from all the dirt but now my left ear is completely deaf due the cleaning.
Most doctors will recommend a few drops of olive oil in the affected ear, which works a treat.

Demiurge

Reaction score
For cleaning ears, the local drugstore had a modified spray bottle with a tube at the end you put in your ear (there's a guard that keeps it from going too far) that works great. The spray is gentler than a syringe but the steady flow is really effective.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
They'll likely put hydrogen peroxide in them for 5 or so minutes, then flush out them out with maybe saline or something. They are supposed to be "self cleaning," but there are a lot of variables that make that untrue.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to have issues with compaction all the time and had some very unenjoyable and embarrassing doctors visits where they'd be scraping and flushing and etc etc. A couple times they even gave up. My hearing was shit. But I just used the drops once a week and it all got sorted out.

71g1kUx3gML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
So I've got tinnitus from being a dumbass and playing too loud. And I'm supposed to protect my ears from loud noise. Well what do you know, I was fucking around with the feedbacker today and made this really high pitch fucking sound because that was the default setting. Jeeeesus dude, now I'm kind of scared that it's gonna get worse.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Burned one of my fretting fingers on a hot catalytic converter this morning. Hoping it's just a stinger and no water blister forms. I checked the pipes with a therm before I put my hands on them and they were fine- apparently the midsection of the cat retains a shitload of heat. Dumdum shoulda known better.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
One of my drummers had bad ear wax clogs one time. He did that ear spliff thing and it worked FWIW.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Looks like my smart watch broke. It's a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic, it was charging last night and in the morning it was just completely dead. It had been working a bit sluggishly recently and during my trip to Riga it didn't want to charge of off my phone, but after charging it with the normal charger it worked again... I'll leave it on the charger indefinitely now and see if it wakes up at some point, but I think I'll have to start looking for a replacement *sigh*... Luckily I still have my Galaxy Fit 2 smart band that I can use in the meantime.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I've lost two old crowns, because of pressure put on them from two wisdom teeth. Long story short, I'm going to have to have FIVE teeth pulled at one time, including three very impacted wisdom teeth. Not only that, but my insurance won't cover an implant, so I get to pay $3,900 for the experience.

The most annoying part, is that not a single dentist has ever recommended removing my wisdom teeth. Now that I'm in my mid-40s, serious complications are exponentially more likely, along with more pain, and a longer recovery period.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
I've lost two old crowns, because of pressure put on them from two wisdom teeth. Long story short, I'm going to have to have FIVE teeth pulled at one time, including three very impacted wisdom teeth. Not only that, but my insurance won't cover an implant, so I get to pay $3,900 for the experience.

The most annoying part, is that not a single dentist has ever recommended removing my wisdom teeth. Now that I'm in my mid-40s, serious complications are exponentially more likely, along with more pain, and a longer recovery period.

That sucks exceptionally hard. Sorry :(

When I got my wisdom teeth out back in idk, 2004?, they gave me a 10mg Valium to take before I got a ride to the oral surgery office, then they gave me laughing gas, followed by intravenous sedation of some type and when I woke up I was apparently hitting on the nurse and laughing my head off. They sent me home with like 60 hydrocodones. Those were the days. Now they probably just say suck it up buttercup and recommend Tylenol.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
That sucks exceptionally hard. Sorry :(

When I got my wisdom teeth out back in idk, 2004?, they gave me a 10mg Valium to take before I got a ride to the oral surgery office, then they gave me laughing gas, followed by intravenous sedation of some type and when I woke up I was apparently hitting on the nurse and laughing my head off. They sent me home with like 60 hydrocodones. Those were the days. Now they probably just say suck it up buttercup and recommend Tylenol.
My significant other recently had a plate taken out of her ankle that was put in when she broke it 5 years ago. She wasn't given them when she got her original surgery and plate/screws, but the doctor this time just asked, in a very nonchalant manner, "Do you want opioids?" She asked, "Do you think I'll need them?" He responded, "Lots of people seem to want 'em."

Yeah, I'm sure they do. 😅 FWIW, she was fine with a few Tylenol-Codeine #3, then a couple weeks of ibuprofen and acetaminophen.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
as someone in their 30s with wisdom teeth, you're making me nervous.
Next time you schedule a regular cleaning, most insurance covers one x-ray per year. IMO, it's worth pointedly asking the questions if it should be soemthing that's considered. Two of mine are clearly fucked up (green) and damaged other teeth. Then, while we're in there, we're also going to take out the other top one (blue) because it's likely to have issues later and I'd rather not have to go through it again.

1722043151335.png

The potetial issues are that as you get older, the roots get longer, so removing the teeth is more cimplicated, and they have to go deeper. Also, they are more likely to be interacting closely to the nerve in the jaw. Additionally, the more work that has to be done on the bone, the more likely there is to be infection, and more likely to be fractures in the jaw which take longer to heal as you get older.

Moongrum

Reaction score
The potetial issues are that as you get older, the roots get longer, so removing the teeth is more cimplicated, and they have to go deeper. Also, they are more likely to be interacting closely to the nerve in the jaw.
That's what the dentist was telling me, too, and said that's why I need to keep them clean lol. Mine aren't like yours, though. They're just an extra set of molars, like my other teeth, they're not buried. But I'm always told I don't need them removed, which makes me worried since that's what you were told.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
That's what the dentist was telling me, too, and said that's why I need to keep them clean lol. Mine aren't like yours, though. They're just an extra set of molars, like my other teeth, they're not buried. But I'm always told I don't need them removed, which makes me worried since that's what you were told.
Ahh, in your case, I don't think there's a case to be worried. Mine have always looked something like this as far back as i remember. I never actually asked about them, it's more than none of my dentists ever brought it up, and I never bothered to ask.

If your's came in properly (because all they are are additional molars with no inherent bad-ness), there's genuinely no reason. That came both from my own research, and also from my oral surgeon who's recommending the removal of these. He said if that top one would have had just a little more room, he wouldn't have given it a second thought, and would recommend leaving it be as-is. My mouth is just too crowded from the shape of my bones.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
my goddamn serpentine belt broke

:( is it a fwd side facing engine where they leave you 3mm of space to access it on the passenger side or do you have enough room in front to get down in there?

I'm replacing my cat converter, o2 sensor, muffler, and gaskets this morning. Boy is it fun.....

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
:( is it a fwd side facing engine where they leave you 3mm of space to access it on the passenger side or do you have enough room in front to get down in there?

I'm replacing my cat converter, o2 sensor, muffler, and gaskets this morning. Boy is it fun.....
idk, idc, I'm not dealing with this shit right now. Tow truck is incoming and I have a funeral to go to.

')