Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brector

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the Mazda CX-5, maybe the Nissan Rogue, but I'm a bougie bitch so I need at least the middle to second highest trim level. Not gonna lie, the Mazda is the top contender because they offer ventilated seats, and my swass will appreciate it in the summer.
If you end up with the CX-5, lemme know how you like it. Once my Outback bites the dust, the CX-5 is what I am looking at. Thanks!

TheDandy

Reaction score
Spotify changed its desktop UI just enough to be annoying. Makes nothing better and only trips me up when looking for the home, search, and arrow buttons. I will never understand why these changes happen.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Spotify changed its desktop UI just enough to be annoying. Makes nothing better and only trips me up when looking for the home, search, and arrow buttons. I will never understand why these changes happen.

Desktop or app? The app has always been garbage and I just go right to the website instead, the PS4 app is also just as horrendous; no idea why I can't the sort the same way from platform to platform

TheDandy

Reaction score
Desktop or app? The app has always been garbage and I just go right to the website instead, the PS4 app is also just as horrendous; no idea why I can't the sort the same way from platform to platform
Desktop. The search and home buttons are now in the top middle instead of top left like they are on the website. I just can't conceive of a reason to change it when there was nothing wrong with it before, all it is is an extra step to remember where it moved to.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Desktop. The search and home buttons are now in the top middle instead of top left like they are on the website. I just can't conceive of a reason to change it when there was nothing wrong with it before, all it is is an extra step to remember where it moved to.
Someone's gotta justify their job

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Minor or background changes do not give the coder any kudos or attention from management, supervisors, etc. Instead, you'll see negative UI/UX updates that are awful because they are more visual. Changing some code to potentially load faster or something of that nature isn't as easily seen.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the Mazda CX-5, maybe the Nissan Rogue, but I'm a bougie bitch so I need at least the middle to second highest trim level. Not gonna lie, the Mazda is the top contender because they offer ventilated seats, and my swass will appreciate it in the summer.
I have a Mazda CX-8 and I love it. It's MIJ too so you can flex that :shrug: :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score

My mom has a Rogue, and nothing against the form factor, but I won't fuck with Nissan VDC-type transmissions until they switch to something that's proven reliable; and I say this as someone who owns a Ford that was part of the billion dollar DCT fuck up.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
My amp is fucking STILL at the repair tech. It has now been 15 weeks and I was quoted 11 and I'm just mad and grumbly and want to have 5150s rocking in stereo dammit.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score

I got the pop-up that told about it but still looks the same because Spotify haven't been able to update in years. Windows 7 wins again. :lol:

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Ah, the last truly good OS....better times.

It really is and I'm not letting go until this thing refuses to connect to internet. But anyway, I feel you. When the hell are these IT companies going to learn "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"? Probably the first time I've been mad at these nonsense updates was when Youtube switched from star ratings to thumbs up/down and that was probably like 2009-2010. Having been in the working life for some time now I'm pretty sure all these pointless updates are just to keep some programmers' sorry asses on the payroll.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
It really is and I'm not letting go until this thing refuses to connect to internet. But anyway, I feel you. When the hell are these IT companies going to learn "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"? Probably the first time I've been mad at these nonsense updates was when Youtube switched from star ratings to thumbs up/down and that was probably like 2009-2010. Having been in the working life for some time now I'm pretty sure all these pointless updates are just to keep some programmers' sorry asses on the payroll.
Never, because making you happy or keeping you satisfied with their product is not their goal. They want market share and control.
Once they realized that they had a captive userbase, they knew they could just tighten down the screws forever and ever and as long as they don't get too carried away too quickly, the boiling frogs won't leap from the pot because there's nowhere else to go. What are you going to do, not use a computer?

Same reason why everything is subscription only now, same reason why ads are so pervasive everywhere even in paid services now, same reason why everything is tracking everything you do and how / when you do it all the time now, why everyone wants to make you use 'their app' now, why sites and services are broken all the time now, and why once-good products are now frustrating garbage. They don't have to care, because they know you'll still use it, and not caring / making things objectively shittier makes them more money.

I'm in IT, I can rant about this all day.

')