Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Hey, I ordered a new Ninja Blender last week from Amazon....because my blender, also Ninja, is an old, underpowered POS.
Anyway, they sent me 2 Apple Airtags and a 3 pack of Poopouri instead. Close...Amazon.....but my vacation to Italy won't be right without a large countertop appliance vs. the totally impractical airtag and poopoori.

Narrator: He is not, in fact, travelling to Italy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
There are several places I straight up do not eat at here now strictly for this reason alone.
It started getting so noticeable that I started to keep track of how many sequential orders they would screw up and anyone that hit 3 in a row got axed forever. It was a surprisingly large amount.
Like come on man I worked in food service, we all have. It isn't that hard. I know shit happens when you get busy but come on now.
Marco's got an order wrong, and they did the right thing by us on that one, so I appreciate them for it.

Jimmy John's has gotten several orders wrong, and now this other sandwich place. NO Mayo and add three items (to a couple different sandwiches) should be an easy ask, but apparently not. Counting, reading, and assembling sandwiches doesn't seem too difficult, but I guess it is.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Marco's got an order wrong, and they did the right thing by us on that one, so I appreciate them for it.
Marco's Pizza as a company rocks and will always make it right in my experience. Marco's is a staple in my family, and generally in my town really seeing as they started here. I worked there for years when I was a young man as did my father when times were tough in the 90's. Marco's cheesy bread filled my hungry stomach many a times during both our tenures there. My kids absolutely adore it too. I often forget they franchised it outside of Toledo.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I see Marco's pizza ads on tv all the time. It looks pretty good. The trouble is I'm in New England and the closest Marco's is in PA.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Marco's Pizza as a company rocks and will always make it right in my experience. Marco's is a staple in my family, and generally in my town really seeing as they started here. I worked there for years when I was a young man as did my father when times were tough in the 90's. Marco's cheesy bread filled my hungry stomach many a times during both our tenures there. My kids absolutely adore it too. I often forget they franchised it outside of Toledo.
Marco's is great and the only pizza chain I'll eat at. They screwed up my pizza and basically said, "Next one is on us!" Just like you should when you screw up to that extent. My girlfriend and I were able to get her half of the pizza fixed up with only one item we needed from a store, but still, Marco's made it right.

Still, I don't get what the fucking issue is in the city I am. Most can't seem to get a damn order right. It is insane, honestly, as the amount of wrong orders I've had in 2 years exceeds that of which I had in 35 years of my life prior to that.

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
It is insane, honestly, as the amount of wrong orders I've had in 2 years exceeds that of which I had in 35 years of my life prior to that.
This has been my experience too lately. I'm basically done with delivery at this point because of all the things that have been incorrect or straight up missing. It's much easier to resolve if I check the order while picking up at the restaurant and point out any mistakes then.

All the more incentive to just cook food myself...

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
This has been my experience too lately. I'm basically done with delivery at this point because of all the things that have been incorrect or straight up missing. It's much easier to resolve if I check the order while picking up at the restaurant and point out any mistakes then.

All the more incentive to just cook food myself...
Doesn't seem to matter if I order in person, order online and pickup, etc. I don't know what the fuck people's problem is, but $15 an hour? Maybe when you can get a damn order correct on a consistent basis.

I think I need to institute a new system:
1st time -- 3 months if they get an order wrong (This is all assuming they are not like Marco's and make it right)
2nd time -- 6 months
3rd time -- Never again

Seriously, if you can't understand how to put a fucking pickle slice that is length wise on a sub sandwich, then there is not much help for you.

My girlfriend and I typically cook (well, I do most of the cooking, but still), so it isn't like we get take out often. That said, when I order it or when it is mine, it's wrong far more often than when I was living in Washington, where most people are airheads and on various forms of intoxicants.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Listen, I'm sure y'all have valid complain about your sub/pizza/whatever places, but none of them will compare to the stupidity or the Dunks that neighbors my complex when I ordered ONE donut - a Boston Cream - and they put a fresh one in the bag, ICING SIDE DOWN.

How fucking dumb do you have to be, to put a donut with warm frosting side down where it will ALL stick to the bag? And I didn't find out until I got to the office 20 mins later and was like, "what the actual fuck is this?"

Another time I ordered a hot chocolate and one donut, and I got the donut only and stood there waiting for a drink that she forgot about. I paid for it, and it was legitimately HALF THE ORDER, of TWO ITEMS!

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Listen, I'm sure y'all have valid complain about your sub/pizza/whatever places, but none of them will compare to the stupidity or the Dunks that neighbors my complex when I ordered ONE donut - a Boston Cream - and they put a fresh one in the bag, ICING SIDE DOWN.

How fucking dumb do you have to be, to put a donut with warm frosting side down where it will ALL stick to the bag? And I didn't find out until I got to the office 20 mins later and was like, "what the actual fuck is this?"

Another time I ordered a hot chocolate and one donut, and I got the donut only and stood there waiting for a drink that she forgot about. I paid for it, and it was legitimately HALF THE ORDER, of TWO ITEMS!
Ruh roh, Rhaggy. :rofl:

Latest posts

')