Why are you sad right now?

• Thread starter Alex Kenivel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
One of my best friends and bandmates lost two step children in a house fire this morning. Words cannot describe the loss his family is bearing right now, and I can't imagine the world he is in right now. Hug your kids guys.

DestroyMankind

Reaction score
I was out mowing my grass earlier, and I came across something in my yard. It was one of my cats and he had been killed by something, and judging from the smell it wasn't from today. I don't understand some animals. He started out as an outside cat, brought him inside when he was only a couple months old, gave him food, water, love, and then he goes back outside. I tried to keep him inside, but it was a battle I kept losing. Cat was the softest and most friendly cat I've ever had and he looked like he could've been a cat model or something. RIP Binx.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was out mowing my grass earlier, and I came across something in my yard. It was one of my cats and he had been killed by something, and judging from the smell it wasn't from today. I don't understand some animals. He started out as an outside cat, brought him inside when he was only a couple months old, gave him food, water, love, and then he goes back outside. I tried to keep him inside, but it was a battle I kept losing. Cat was the softest and most friendly cat I've ever had and he looked like he could've been a cat model or something. RIP Binx.

Man, I'm sorry. I have four outdoor cats and worry about them all the time.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My grandma is in a vegetative coma from a seizure. She's on comfort care and we're basically just sitting around waiting for her to pass. I feel horrible for my grandpa. He's already a fucking mess and he's only going to get worse once she does pass.
Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Have you been able to visit with them?

Reaction score
My submissive randomly went AWOL and hasn't responded to any texts. He hasn't been online anywhere in a week. I'm fairly certain he's still alive and all that but I'm worried.

I've grown rather fond of him. Easily the best sub I've ever had. Finding another is going to be terrible. I'm actually quite sad. ☹️

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Feels bad, man.
I rent a room to my younger brother and recently raised his rent which came into effect last month, so the first payment on the new amount is due....now. The increase puts rent at $600 plus an even 50/50 split on bills. I gave him a heads up on this a few months ago and reminded him every month leading up to it.
However....he decided about a week ago to go buy a car. He's a welder by trade so he's always driven big trucks and recently started with a company working a multi-year job in Sacramento which is about an hour and a half ~ 2 hour drive. These guys supply most of your tools for you so he doesn't need to lug his box back and forth, and diesel is fucking expensive; so he wanted to get a car for the commute; especially because he's pretty sure his truck is about to literally fall apart, he's been fixing stuff on that thing since he bought it. Fair enough.

So he goes to a used car dealership and buys a 2016 FRS for $20,000; 50% down, 50% financed through the shitass dealer financing at 14%. They suckered him for a 20,000 mile warranty for another $2000. Worth noting this is the first time he's bought a vehicle through a dealer. Yesterday he gets home and shares that the clutch on the car is completely burned out. Gone, absolutely toast. It lasted a week. So we go over the paperwork for this warranty that was sold to him as 'bumper to bumper' and it explicitly excludes anything to do with a manual transmission, so no clutch. So he's looking at like another $3k.

Car's shot, truck's shot, both are gunna take thousands to get mobile again, he still owes me a grand that I spotted him to complete the transaction on the car (which he had, it was just a daily transaction limit thing)....right when I'm supposed to give him the rent total for last month, which was the first one with the increase. Even though I know I gave him all the info way ahead of time, and I tried to steer him the right way on the car thing, it still just feels bad, and it still feels like I'm deliberately kicking him while he's down even though I know that isn't really the case.
I'd give him a break on it but I've been giving him a break this whole time, I haven't raised his rent in 5 years. I can't set that precedent that I'm going to roll over to cover for your impulsive decisions, you know?

phillybhatesme

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I get overwhelmed when I have a lot of things to do (work tasks, appointments, condo board meetings, important emails to send, etc.) and I don’t get sad because of those items to do...I wind up thinking about them a lot before doing any of them. And that thinking leads to brooding and then I get anxious because of the shit I have to do. And none of that makes me sad, mais c'est la vie. Je suis triste.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
My cat died. I've found him on the side of the street probably hit by a car.

I'm not much a per person but feels kinda bad.

')