Why do people think they can sell used shit for new or near new prices?

• Thread starter troyguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I frequently see this, even on the classifieds here.

No one is going to pay you $1100 + shipping and paypal fees for your guitar that is $1199 shipped brand new from a normal dealer, and less if you find one willing to go below MAP.

Get a clue.

/rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fujitron

Reaction score
agreed, but there _are_ things out there that are worth more if you buy them used, even though it sounds ridiculous. (example that comes to mind is the lada niva)

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
lots of people start high expecting to come down on price, but theres always the random noob who buys it at that price anyway. mostly it's just people selling stuff at high dollar because they think they take better care of their instruments than everyone else, so it MUST be worth as much as a new one :lol:

either way, the old addage "the market determines the value" wins out. If no one think's it's worth that price, no one will buy it. simple as that.

22km Tombstone

Pro Apologizer
Reaction score
My local craigslist/classifieds are like this. Most times people are asking MORE than new prices. Very rarely will I find anything remotely reasonably priced.

I agree, very frustrating.

Overall, I find the prices on classifieds here to be very reasonable, as most people here know what's up with used gear prices.

')