Why Do You Hate Deathcore?

• Thread starter BlindingLight7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
Why do you hate deathcore?

1.Excessive Use Breakdowns
2.Emo/Hardcore Fags make Deathcore "Best Breakdown" Video's that make it impossible to find good Deathcore bands on youtube.
3.Pig Squealing

i can handle the more DEATH then Core style bands like whitechapel and through the eyes of the dead....but holy shit everything else is getting so scene its insane

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
Its a washed out overpopulated genre. Bands I can stand:

1. All Shall Perish.

I'll fill the rest in when I discover them.

What he said.

Honestly, the music is just mixing Cannibal Corpse riffs and the worst part of about hardcore. If they mixed death metal in the style of let's say Death or Morbid Angel or Necrophagist with hardcore, then that'd be cool :metal:

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
What he said.

Honestly, the music is just mixing Cannibal Corpse riffs and the worst part of about hardcore. If they mixed death metal in the style of let's say Death or Morbid Angel or Necrophagist with hardcore, then that'd be cool :metal:
thats The Faceless and Born of Orisis

Yeah if it Was like Cannibal/Fetus/Suffo with an occasional well played breakdown it would be epic

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, it says "Why do you hate etc etc.." not "do you hate"

In which case, theres just something about it that annoys me.. i think its a combination of the music, the vocals, and the beats.

mizfi7

Shreddin it up!
Reaction score
What bands do you guys consider deathcore. I just call everything metal cause then my friends just get to confuse. But my band is like a through the eyes of the dead/the black dahlia murder mix. Would that be deathcore?

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
its always this.

generic chug riff with a pinch harmonic
into a blast beat
into a generic "ooooooOOOOAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" Or "BuurrrrrrrEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" vocal scream
into and random pre-mature "thump" breakdown
generic lyrics about being sad and killing
generic leead up to the breakdown
something stupid like "and you dieeeeee!!!"
a breakdown that lasts longer then the entire song without the breakdown included
repeat then end

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To me, deathcore combines all the boring superficial aspects of modern death metal and "hardcore" and neglects everything that makes those genres enjoyable. The kids who play it like to hide behind irony as an excuse for being horrible songwriters and often act as if having "hilarious" lyrics about Gucci sweaters or Linux kernels or whatever somehow makes them more highbrow than classic death metal bands. I get the impression that most of them were listening to Limp Bizkit a couple of years ago and I resent them for treating one of my favourite metal genres as little more than a punchline to an unfunny joke.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
There's very little Deathcore that I can stand.

All Shall Perish
After the Burial (Amazing aside from their first singer IMO)
Born Of Osiris (More techy)
And if you consider early Faceless deathcore, them too. The Faceless are one of my favorite bands right now.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd imagine Fellsilent is considered deathcore, and I dig them (well, kinda). Also, I like all the bands listed above. :2c:

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
Its a washed out overpopulated genre. Bands I can stand:

1. All Shall Perish.

I'll fill the rest in when I discover them.

a band as awesome as The Black Dahlia Murder from being 'deathcore'.

Can't agree more.

What I really hate the most is the breakdown of genre's. I mean I had no idea until this thread that ASP was considered deathcore. I also had no idea wtf deathcore was.

All in all, I don't care. If I like what I hear, I don't stop to think what genre the band is "classified" as and don't care. Plain and simple.

I've heard bands with similar style to ASP and basically didn't like them.

At least I'm not surprised as I was when I found out Lamb of God was considered "metalcore." I mean, wtf? Just because they have breakdowns in some of their songs?

/rant.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
What he said.

You pretty much just described my band, if you throw in bits of black metal and prog :lol:

MySpace.com - TERRORHORSE (NEW LAYOUT/VOTE FOR US) - London, CA - Metal / Progressive / Death Metal - www.myspace.com/terrorhorse

:D

(our new stuff also adds some Meshuggah, Psyopus, and Porcupine Tree influenced stuff :lol:)

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
At least I'm not surprised as I was when I found out Lamb of God was considered "metalcore." I mean, wtf? Just because they have breakdowns in some of their songs?

/rant.

Well, people can be really pretentious and snobby about labeling music. Most of the the time, 10-15 years later you look back and scratch your head at how some bands were lumped in together.

Myself? I look at Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, etc. and find few discernible similarities between them. At the time, though, I recollect hearing "Fuck all those grunge bands! They're all just the same, stupid, no talented hippie shit." Now, I'm no real fan of any of those bands anymore but the hypothesis stands.

In every genre and era of music, there's innovators and there's copycats. While The Black Dahlia Murder or All Shall Perish are widely deemed more acceptable "deathcore", their longevity (not necessarily in existence, but in playlists) is probably a lot more certain then the that of the infinite nameless bands that they'll be lumped in with and serve to waterdown the genre (metal in general, really) and cause "****core" to become a four letter word. :2c:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
The Black Dahlia Murder aren't anything at all like Deatchcore. They don't have breakdowns, shitty bree vocals, utterly crap lyrics, eight string guitars or sweeps used to make a riff like all DC bands are just now. They're just out and out melodeath.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
What I really hate the most is the breakdown of genre's. I mean I had no idea until this thread that ASP was considered deathcore. I also had no idea wtf deathcore was.

All in all, I don't care. If I like what I hear, I don't stop to think what genre the band is "classified" as and don't care. Plain and simple.

I've heard bands with similar style to ASP and basically didn't like them.

/rant.

This is pretty much me in a nutshell. I don't know nor do I care who is or isn't "deathcore." Anyone who actually gets in arguments about who is or isn't this, that, or whatever fucking subgenre some band is needs to relax and get their fucking head examined.

That being said, I like ASP, BOO, TTEOTD. The ones that bother me are the bands that all use drop A on a 7: Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, and Carnifex. They might sound good, but I just hate drop tunings.

fallenz3ro

Reaction score
deathcore has really hurt metal for me. i've turned to rap/hip hop for a little break.

i can only listen to periphery and meshuggah for metal...at least for the past few weeks.

modern thrash needs to become the next 'metal trend' :shred:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')