Why Do You Hate Deathcore?

• Thread starter BlindingLight7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
i can handle the more DEATH then Core style bands like whitechapel and through the eyes of the dead

^^^ this

Deathcore doesn't exist to me, I like what someone else said in another thread about genres being born from fags on Hot Topic labelling bands.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

abstract reason

Abstract Reason
Reaction score
Why do you hate deathcore?

1.Excessive Use Breakdowns
2.Emo/Hardcore Fags make Deathcore "Best Breakdown" Video's that make it impossible to find good Deathcore bands on youtube.
3.Pig Squealing

i can handle the more DEATH then Core style bands like whitechapel and through the eyes of the dead....but holy shit everything else is getting so scene its insane

I love good deathcore but Ithink there are to many bad deatcore bands which use same breakdowns...
pregressiv deathcore is better, there are many melodic parts, breakbeats, and good breakdowns.
I hate emo boys with this fuckin' emo styl :fawk:
listen to The faceless, Born of osiris, veil of maya...I think there are good bands!

And pig squeeling is good but not when it's exessiv...some poeple love and some hate...I love!:hbang:

CynicEidolon

And still he waits..
Reaction score
I agree there...

Honestly, genres exist because of bands that aren't original enough to defy them. Then, when someone does... Along comes a stampede of people that copy that style and ruins it. Then, it becomes a genre.

Last edited:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
the problem with genres is that they change with the times. hardcore is no longer what hardcore used to be... hardcore used to be bands like Black Flag and Minor Threat, now hardcore has turned into bands like Hatebreed and Poisonthewell (not that I don't like these two bands, because I do), or anything with beatdowns and gang vocals, which is mainly very basic, simplistic metal.

it makes me wonder where it changed, where it got lost in translation. is it in fact Hot Topic kids who like puttin 'core' on the end of a pre-existing genres?

this is exactly the reason I refuse to acknowledge deathcore. there is death metal and there is hardcore, the label deathcore to the type of music that it is applied to does not make much sense, as it's not at all death metal and it's not at all hardcore. the only things this alleged genre shares with these two styles is the low growls from death metal and the two step beats from hardcore, that's it. beatdowns and pig squeals do not equal death metal.

bands like Whitechapel and Despised Icon I would simply label as death metal, because that's what they are.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I dislike their gratuitous use of the number "0".

"Deathc0re"
"C0re"
"Br00tal" (there are TWO number 0's in that one!)
"Fucktard"... oh wait, no, there are no "0" in that...
"Tr00"
"Mel0n"

When will the madness end?

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
I dislike their gratuitous use of the number "0".

"Deathc0re"
"C0re"
"Br00tal" (there are TWO number 0's in that one!)
"Fucktard"... oh wait, no, there are no "0" in that...
"Tr00"
"Mel0n"

When will the madness end?

Nev0r.

Nick

Reaction score
I agree there...

Honestly, genres exist because of bands that aren't original enough to defy them. Then, when someone does... Along comes a stampede of people that copy that style and ruins it. Then, it becomes a genre.

wow....

why even listen to music if its constantly ruined for you?

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
the problem with genres is that they change with the times. hardcore is no longer what hardcore used to be... hardcore used to be bands like Black Flag and Minor Threat, now hardcore has turned into bands like Hatebreed and Poisonthewell (not that I don't like these two bands, because I do), or anything with beatdowns and gang vocals, which is mainly very basic, simplistic metal.

it makes me wonder where it changed, where it got lost in translation. is it in fact Hot Topic kids who like puttin 'core' on the end of a pre-existing genres?

it didnt change. hardcore still IS stuff like minor threat, black flag, negative approach....

its just in the last years the magazine-writers and the kids of today who dont know shit and put a "-core" suffix in addition to everything which is not 100% metal. they all fail. beatdown-parts are not hardcore.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
it didnt change. hardcore still IS stuff like minor threat, black flag, negative approach....

its just in the last years the magazine-writers and the kids of today who dont know shit and put a "-core" suffix in addition to everything which is not 100% metal. they all fail. beatdown-parts are not hardcore.

:hbang:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score

I agree completely. what pisses me off is the amount of people who accept the beatdown-laden bands as hardcore, and grunt-laden bands as death metal, this majority believes that this actually IS what these genres are and makes me for one feel like they have changed the genres in a way, because you have to use their terms for people to understand what you mean. it's bullshit.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just hate how metal/hard rock becomes so "follow the leader." One band (or maybe a couple) do something new and then 8,000 bands decide that they're gonna do the same thing. God Forbid just started using 7s? Why? $10 says because of Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, or Carnifex. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Chimaira goes back to drop A like the 1st album. Seriously, stop following what someone else is doing and do something original.

/rant

shredthelight91

Reaction score
I don't see why everyone one here hates deathcore... I mean yah there are some pretty generic ones out there, but theres alot a good ones aswell i.e. Whitechapel, born of osiris, suicide silence, Ion dissanance, job for a cowboy (old stuff), etc I mean all those bands are different in there own way and have pretty well thought out lyrics for the most part...

wow....

I abree with that lol

CynicEidolon

And still he waits..
Reaction score
wow....

Because, when I do find bands that bend the "genre" rules, it gives me hope and a since of purpose and inspiration again.

Jakob
God is an Astronaut
Isis
Pink Floyd
Tesseract
Tool
Fair to Midland

Those people are more than a genre. They are artists.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I don't see why everyone one here hates deathcore... I mean yah there are some pretty generic ones out there, but theres alot a good ones aswell i.e. Whitechapel, born of osiris, suicide silence, Ion dissanance, job for a cowboy (old stuff), etc I mean all those bands are different in there own way and have pretty well thought out lyrics for the most part...

I abree with that lol

Born of Osiris and Ion Dissonance are definitely not 'deathcore'.

Suicide Silence hardly have well thought out lyrics and since when were well thought out lyrics a reason to like a genre anyway?

your post doesn't make any sense.

shredthelight91

Reaction score
Born of Osiris and Ion Dissonance are definitely not 'deathcore'.

Suicide Silence hardly have well thought out lyrics and since when were well thought out lyrics a reason to like a genre anyway?

your post doesn't make any sense.

If they mean something and they get a point across, then thats well thought out in my books... and born of osiris and ion dissonance are deathcore just on the more mathcore side of things

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
If they mean something and they get a point across, then thats well thought out in my books... and born of osiris and ion dissonance are deathcore just on the more mathcore side of things

no, no they are not. Ion Dissonance are tech groove metal/grindcore, and Born of Osiris may be young and have breakdowns, but that doesn't make them deathcore. there is nothing 'death' nor 'core' about them, they are tech metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')