Why Do You Hate Deathcore?

• Thread starter BlindingLight7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Reaction score
I happen to like it, i think some of these bands such as Carnifex, all shall perish, and whitechapel have some pretty intense music, and i agree some of it can be repetitive at times, such as suicide silence i could only take so much of them. I will say that i am a deathcore fan though and i think alot of these bands are putting the 7 back in the spotlight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
This is pretty much me in a nutshell. I don't know nor do I care who is or isn't "deathcore." Anyone who actually gets in arguments about who is or isn't this, that, or whatever fucking subgenre some band is needs to relax and get their fucking head examined.

That being said, I like ASP, BOO, TTEOTD. The ones that bother me are the bands that all use drop A on a 7: Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, and Carnifex. They might sound good, but I just hate drop tunings.

You don't like certain bands because they use drop tunings? Incredibly odd coming from someone posting on SEVENSTRING.ORG.

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
To me, deathcore combines all the boring superficial aspects of modern death metal and "hardcore" and neglects everything that makes those genres enjoyable. The kids who play it like to hide behind irony as an excuse for being horrible songwriters and often act as if having "hilarious" lyrics about Gucci sweaters or Linux kernels or whatever somehow makes them more highbrow than classic death metal bands. I get the impression that most of them were listening to Limp Bizkit a couple of years ago and I resent them for treating one of my favourite metal genres as little more than a punchline to an unfunny joke.

yes

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
You don't like certain bands because they use drop tunings? Incredibly odd coming from someone posting on SEVENSTRING.ORG.

not odd at all. standard tuning is standard even on a 7 as in:beadgbe. just as tuning aeadgbe is a drop tuning on a 7 just like tuning dadgbe is a drop tuning on a 6.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score

How is it odd?

I like both standard and drop tuned bands but I'm just so bored of drop tunings. I actually don't mind Whitechapel because they can be somewhat creative with 3 guitarists but bands like Suicide Silence and Carnifex just seem to be interchangeable and I have a feeling that more bands will pop up just like them and oversaturate the "scene."

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
Originally some of the innovators of deathcore I was really into Carnifex, Oblige,TTEOTD,WOP, the Final Burden etc. as it was a natural transition for me growing up listening to death metal in the late 90's NYHC scene but some of these guys today have taken it to a new level of stupid.....IMO some of the bands rocking the trendy deathcore tag really are crap ripping off CC, skinless, and suffucation riffs, and then throwing breakdowns in the mix to sound tough...though stupid

I am curious to see what his does for the next generation of metal because my guess is the young kids now getting re-exposed to early 90's tech and death metal through these new "deathcore" bands are really going to write some amazing stuff and hopefully help push the genre further....

On a side note I think thrash is gonna be back n a big way just listen to more municipal waste....

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
somebody name more of these bands for me, im not positive what all bands are considered death core

i'v been diggin ion dissonance and cephalic carnage lately, what are those considered?

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I sure as fuck wouldn't consider Ion Dissonance "deathcore" but that's just me. I'd consider them to be technical metal like TTEOTD or ASP.

I've actually never heard Cephalic Carnage so I couldn't tell you.

I like Whitechapel too, Boober. :wub:

CornSyrup

ss.orgy Regular
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uCBSX0XDSVI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uCBSX0XDSVI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

charles22880

Reaction score
i wouldnt even put cephalic carnage in the deathcore category. if anything they are there own brand of grindcore.

deathcore is just bad music overall.

AK DRAGON

Guitar Popcicle
Reaction score

^ WTF is this! Preschool Deathcore?

its always this.

generic chug riff with a pinch harmonic
into a blast beat
into a generic "ooooooOOOOAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" Or "BuurrrrrrrEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" vocal scream
into and random pre-mature "thump" breakdown
generic lyrics about being sad and killing
generic leead up to the breakdown
something stupid like "and you dieeeeee!!!"
a breakdown that lasts longer then the entire song without the breakdown included
repeat then end

IMO this is not real music. I'm sure a 4yr old with a learner guitar could do this and maybe even better. No real talent needed to play deathcore.

/opinion off

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
I hate people that randomly change their definition of deathcore so that it doesn't include bands they like so as to not appear to like deathcore bands.

Other than that deathcore doesn't bother me in the slightest.

arktan

Icnomptenent
Reaction score
I hate mostly the lyrics. The music is, however simple or sometimes complicated it may be, a question of taste.
I can't stand most of the lyrics (not the vocals, they're again a question of taste).
I hate the lyrics.
The lyrics i hate.
The lyrics are being hated by me.
I really hate the lyrics.
That's what's preventing me from listening to almost all that "core" (*waits for Peter to chime into this discussion :lol:) stuff. I like lyrics that are written by someone with an IQ higher than 10 if possible. :lol:

ire_works

Djent ,Djent ,Djent
Reaction score
i think this deathcore fad is going to deteriorate once the new Cannibal Corpse come out and slays everyone with its lack of breakdowns.

Deathcore doesn't anger me when its the better bands , that have a cool groove and sound. I like Suicide silence , because the band is based on very simple riffs that flow into each part with a momentum based around their awsome drummer. I like The Black Dahli Murder because they're one of the few young bands able to successfully intigrate black metal into awsome riffs. I like Veil Of Maya 1: because they're named after a f***ing cynic song , 2: they have a technical and melodic style all their own.

the thing about deathcore is , you can always tell which ones are good , and which ones are generic and bland. Its very simple.

my theory: it doesn't matter , pop-death is the next fad to come , and let it be known i called it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')