Why Do You Hate Deathcore?

• Thread starter BlindingLight7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnology

Reaction score
Deathcore doesn't annoy me as much as music that sounds like it was taken from a SNES soundtrack.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ticklemeasian

Reaction score
this thread is the reason i joined sevenstring.org lol ultimateguitar is beyond gay now. it's been over taken by a bunch of deathcore fags. you cant start a thread like this there without getting a 30 days - life time ban. you cant even write a song and show it to the people there without them asking you "wtf is this? where's the breakdowns?". basically i hate deathcore because it's the bastard child of metalcore that forgot how to scream and decided to start grunting. yes i call it grunting as it's not even growls like death metal, you cant understand what the deathcore bands are saying and it's all the same "arrgggg argggg urrrrrrrrrr johnny depp". the over use of breakdowns also killed breakdowns in general for me. seriously where did they learn to write a song? there's a breakdown between everything and a really long breakdown at the end and right before what they would call a "solo" which is also a long breakdown. let's just hope this will die out before 2010 because if not then well like that episode of drawn together HELLO GAY FUTURE.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
this thread is the reason i joined sevenstring.org lol ultimateguitar is beyond gay now. it's been over taken by a bunch of deathcore fags. you cant start a thread like this there without getting a 30 days - life time ban. you cant even write a song and show it to the people there without them asking you "wtf is this? where's the breakdowns?". basically i hate deathcore because it's the bastard child of metalcore that forgot how to scream and decided to start grunting. yes i call it grunting as it's not even growls like death metal, you cant understand what the deathcore bands are saying and it's all the same "arrgggg argggg urrrrrrrrrr johnny depp". the over use of breakdowns also killed breakdowns in general for me. seriously where did they learn to write a song? there's a breakdown between everything and a really long breakdown at the end and right before what they would call a "solo" which is also a long breakdown. let's just hope this will die out before 2010 because if not then well like that episode of drawn together HELLO GAY FUTURE.

Hey, welcome to the forum. All I'll say is refrain from insulting other members based on their musical preferences. I'm sure you didn't like it back in UG. ;)

Also, "Johnny Depp" is a recurring lyric in my music... :squint:

:lol:

I just listened to Carnifex :ugh:

Carnifex_and_Gaunts_Victorious.jpg

:ugh:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Deathcore is awesome.

It's all a matter of preference.

Learn to live with it.

[/thread]

Reaction score

That sounds almost as bad as your grammar.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
The differences between deathcore and brutal death metal are very slight and almost arbitrary.

No offense but that's just flat out wrong.

metalhead666 said:
I too have thought about this. Old school thrash guys rejected death metal. Maybe. Death metal evolved off of thrash. And in my opinion, is the evolved form of thrash. I don't think core will ever be excepted by true metal heads as real metal. The mainstream will, but they call everything heavier than pop metal anyways.

Although I generally agree with that statement, You're not going to get anywhere with these guys by being an asswipe in your other posts.

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score

just because you dont like it doesnt mean it sucks.
I dont love deathcore but i do like my fair share of it.

other people are into it, so it obviously has some appeal.
yeah deathcore is repetative. so is the majority of metal/hardcore/death metal/grindcore/thrash metal/nu-metal/rock. where do you get off being able to tell people what sucks and doesnt suck?

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
just because you dont like it doesnt mean it sucks.

To him it does, so what's your point? If he thinks something is bad, why would he say it any other way just because he knows some people think otherwise?

other people are into it, so it obviously has some appeal.

That's an easy/horrible way to defend anything. Some people are into Dog Fighting, Masochism, Theft etcetc... I guess it has some appeal too.

Where do you get off being able to tell people what sucks and doesnt suck?

It's called an opinion. Just because he didn't sugarcoat it to make sure he doesn't offend anyone doesn't make it more or less valid. You guys need to stop bagging on people who don't represent the general ideologies of the masses at SS.org. He shouldn't have to to be careful how he says it to make sure he satisfies every party. It's also very ironic coming from a guy who's name is "Metallisuk" :lol:

Is there a certain bias on my part? Relative to the poster's opinion, there is one for sure. However, it is disjointed from the ideas of my previous points

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
To him it does, so what's your point? If he thinks something is bad, why would he say it any other way just because he knows some people think otherwise?

That's an easy/horrible way to defend anything. Some people are into Dog Fighting, Masochism, Theft etcetc... I guess it has some appeal too.

It's called an opinion. Just because he didn't sugarcoat it to make sure he doesn't offend anyone doesn't make it more or less valid. You guys need to stop bagging on people who don't represent the general ideologies of the masses at SS.org. He shouldn't have to to be careful how he says it to make sure he satisfies every party. It's also very ironic coming from a guy who's name is "Metallisuk" :lol:

Is there a certain bias on my part? Relative to the poster's opinion, there is one for sure. However, it is disjointed from the ideas of my previous points

haha i geuss you've kind of gotten me there :fawk:

I just think he could have worded his opinion differently

:gayfight:

JMP2203

Reaction score

+1 :hbang:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Jesus fucking Christ on a fucking pony. Can this god damn thread get locked already?

:deadhrse:

-TheWickerMan-

Reaction score
This applies to every genre of music. There's no way you can hate it all, just learn to weed out the stuff you don't like.

most deathcore is generic though, and most bands stick to the same sounds, i'm not saying that every other genre is completely filled with original bands, but at least they sound good and put some effort into it.

so far the only deathcore i like is when its more of another genre than core, like the faceless, they're more tech death than deathcore, making them more original cause at least its not the same as all the other bands

i'm sure there is some more deathcore bands i would like, its just you have to search through the massive amounts of generic bands that all sound like copies of each other.

Doesn't Nergal from Behemoth over-layer his vocals?

yeah but he can pretty much get the same sound live, unlike a lot of deathcore bands

ticklemeasian

Reaction score
haha i geuss you've kind of gotten me there :fawk:

I just think he could have worded his opinion differently

:gayfight:

i just don't like being a hypocrite. since i believe everyone should say what they believe in without sugarcoating it making it damn hard to understand what they are saying i make it a point to do it myself. this is america right? well most of us on ss are from the us so we just speak our mind. the thing is everyone needs to stop being a politically correct douche bag sorry if that was offensive to some of you. people need to speak their mind and if some people don't agree they can either deal with it or ignore it.(main reason why i left ug you cant say deathcore is bad or schecters make crappy guitars without getting a ban, everything you say there had to be really sugarcoated) my dislike of deathcore is the same with emo or metalcore (all the same crap to me) it's not so much as in most of them cant write a proper song it's that they make it hard for real musicians to make a real living. for example i live in new york and it has one of the highest metalcore population in the world and if you are not a "core" band the chances of you getting noticed are slim to none, not only that but even if you do win first place at a contest you don't get much more then the prize money. but the "core" bands who win 2nd-4th place will get a endorsement deal with small companies, small indie label record deals, etc. this is from past experience so i know and iam just a bit irritated. if you guys have'nt noticed no new death metal band or black metal band have been getting noticed in the past year or none of the new ones has gotten any media attention simply because they are not playing "insert word here"core. then again the next new fad might be worst who knows i mean it cant get any worst then queercore right? no seriously that's a real genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')